*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 17:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-11-27, 06:33   Link #1505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seishirou's scene stole the episode, this little bit of humor was more than welcome in this very dark episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Spoiler for episode 17:
The problem is that Shikis and humans cannot coexist (or rather, they don't want to), which means that at the end of the day, one of those two factions will be wiped out. Seishin seems like a hypocrite to me, he wants everyone to live on and encourages them to do whatever it takes to survive, even though he knows perfectly well he's urging them to kill each other by doing so. I seriously hope he went to visit Sunako to reason with her, and not just to sit back and watch until it's all over.
Old 2010-11-27, 12:03   Link #1506
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for Ep17:
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 18:21   Link #1507
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
...The problem is that Shikis and humans cannot coexist (or rather, they don't want to), which means that at the end of the day, one of those two factions will be wiped out. Seishin seems like a hypocrite to me, he wants everyone to live on and encourages them to do whatever it takes to survive, even though he knows perfectly well he's urging them to kill each other by doing so. I seriously hope he went to visit Sunako to reason with her, and not just to sit back and watch until it's all over.
Seishin says he doesn't want to kill living intelligent creatures, even to stop them killing others. This is a perfectly reasonable principle, and one which many people agree with: killing won't stop killing. I don't happen to agree with him here, but I don't think he is being either stupid or cowardly. He is following high principles.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 02:46   Link #1508
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Spoiler for Ep17:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-11-28, 03:03   Link #1509
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

22 episodes, actually.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 03:05   Link #1510
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
22 episodes, actually.
So that makes 5 episodes to finish up everything... Its going to be rushed, just a feeling..
Old 2010-11-28, 05:38   Link #1511
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Seishin says he doesn't want to kill living intelligent creatures, even to stop them killing others. This is a perfectly reasonable principle, and one which many people agree with: killing won't stop killing. I don't happen to agree with him here, but I don't think he is being either stupid or cowardly. He is following high principles.
Is he truly following high principles, or is he just hiding behind them? Doing nothing won't stop the killings either. Killing may not have been the only way to solve the situation, he may have been able to save the village if he had tried to talk to Sunako earlier. It's far too late now, however, neither sides will back off and forgive the other.
Old 2010-11-28, 06:08   Link #1512
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So that makes 5 episodes to finish up everything... Its going to be rushed, just a feeling..
I'm still hoping that karice67's theory comes true.
Old 2010-11-28, 08:32   Link #1513
thesebzgal
harrum!

Send a message via Yahoo to thesebzgal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Quote:
Is he truly following high principles, or is he just hiding behind them? Doing nothing won't stop the killings either. Killing may not have been the only way to solve the situation, he may have been able to save the village if he had tried to talk to Sunako earlier. It's far too late now, however, neither sides will back off and forgive the other.
Spoiler for episode 17:
Old 2010-11-28, 22:02   Link #1514
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Is he truly following high principles, or is he just hiding behind them?....
To be honest, I don't know. I think he at least believes consciously he is acting on principle. One principle he does seem to be following is forgiveness: forgiving the shiki for just acting according to their nature.

Does anyone else wonder if the old priest's invitation was just a last desperate gamble to grasp at extending his life?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 22:33   Link #1515
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I hadn't thought of that - my assumption was that he did what he did to try and spare his family from being eaten. But you certainly raise an interesting possibility.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:22   Link #1516
molitar

I don't see a good end to this show which means it will suck! Doctor is dead now. he is controlled now that he is bitten.. I was hoping for some salvation by having Natsuno save the live villagers but that did not happen. So almost nobody left alive.. so what is their to save? I think this show is sucking more and more and going to have a bad ending.. which sucks.

Doctor was stupid also.. he didn't take more than one stake.. and even though it was shot I would of still grabbed for fragments they are still sharp wood and not stayed around.. secondly before all this went down I would of put up a sign no trespassing.. invitations only by personal permission of the me.. signed me. That way any past permissions to enter would of been null and void since now everyone patients and all would have to ask for permission to enter.. effectively rebuking prior permissions. Play the rules to your advantage not theirs.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:48   Link #1517
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I agree with some of the thoughts on episode 17, that the series up to this point has been a drag and a bit of a disappointment. I continue to watch it in the hope that something completely unexpected happens, because by now I don't see any way for the remaining humans to do anything to change their collective fate.
SSJiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:50   Link #1518
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I don't see a good end to this show which means it will suck! Doctor is dead now. he is controlled now that he is bitten.. I was hoping for some salvation by having Natsuno save the live villagers but that did not happen. So almost nobody left alive.. so what is their to save? I think this show is sucking more and more and going to have a bad ending.. which sucks.
Don't be hating on the show just because the ending is not turning out the way you want to - there are still 5 episodes left and more things to come - its still has a potential to have glorious ending, lol.
I hear people calling it sucky and worse show ever, it's obviously still the best show of the season since everyone is so freaked out by it and its causing such reactions from people
I am very curious to see how it will end, but I am sure they dragged this battle so long for a reason. Its going to be a complete despair till the very end and then I bet things will turn around. I just hope they will do it the right way.
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 09:17   Link #1519
stadtkind

Well Natsuno was bitten and killed too, but he rose as a daywalker prepared to fight the Shiki. Who knows what happens with doc later on! As far as the old priest goes, I also feel he's got something in mind since he figured out what was going on fairly easily and quickly - he must know something about the last time this happened in the village.

I still think it is a wonderful show, it's just that it needs a whole lot of twists and turns to have an ending that's not super obvious and with 5 eps to go I don't know where they could fit them!
stadtkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 10:10   Link #1520
nick.jr

gosh
at last.. ozaki sensei had been bitten
the village's last hope
but there's still 2 days left until ozaki sensei die right ?
hope they could settle it in the remaining day

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire