AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-29, 15:54   Link #1
Kaiko

Similarity to Gantz

The title pretty much says it all. Looking for anime thats similar to the manga though. Only reason is I didn't like the anime Gantz ending. Its a mix of action, fantasy, and romance in my eyes. Good character progression/growth.

Suggestions or anything related is welcome. Need a fix between waiting for the new chapters to come out.
Old 2007-06-29, 18:33   Link #2
sothis

i know you asked for the manga, but i haven't read it... but still, i'd like to point out Bokurano

i LOVED Gantz, and though Elfen Lied is usually the top rec for it (due to violence/gore alone), i've never found anything similar on any other level. Bokurano, however, could sooooo be called "gantz with kids". disturbing, similar in plot, and overall AWESOME.
Old 2007-06-30, 17:55   Link #3
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
for me Bokurano plot is terrible, it had potential to be good and personally i think they ruined it. I dont think it compares to gantz.

hm if so what does. True elfen lied is the top rec for it due to the gore.

The thing i felt a lot like about gantz is the main characters groth into a hero (you agree right?)

He started off a coward and became strong, i think thats a little hidden method as to what made gantz as popular as it is.

If you want to watch a series about character growth try hajime no ippo. Its a boxing anime.. dont be put off - omg boxing this will be pish. Believe me that was my initial thought but i decided to try ep 1... I LOVED IT and i am sure you will to. let me know how this goes for you I am sure you will enjoy that anime.

Amazin action scenes and fighting. One of the best character development stories made and one of best action series.

If you like this please do let me know - I have a few that i could recommend you but one is enough for now i reckon.
My Anime List
Old 2007-07-03, 03:24   Link #4
Navel

If what you liked in Gantz is the stupidity of its characters who portray so well people in the real world, I'm afraid Elfen Lied is not the anime you're looking for.

There's nothing similar to Gantz from what I have seen. I have no idea about Bokurano.
Old 2007-07-04, 13:06   Link #5
Chichi

Take my suggestion with a grain of salt since I haven't even finished the series I'm about to suggest but...

Red Garden

It revolves around the exact same premise as Gantz. The animation is different to the norm, but I didn't personally mind that. So yes, characters die in a variety of ways in an urban city, they then fight/kill monsters (of sorts) via an external organization (similar to Gantz). I don't know how the show proceeds from there, but it's very very similar to Gantz in that regard.
Old 2007-07-05, 06:47   Link #6
Trickle

Gantz was the last best manga/anime made imho. Afaik its still monthly in manga form.

If it helps, the only thing thats been worth returning to Anime Suki for in the last year or two is Claymore.

No its not the same, but you may like it. And with Claymore being monthly, this is why I'm also poking my nose round the suggestion forum, but sadly there doesnt appear to be anything of their caliber about still.

Elfen lied didnt do it for me I'm afraid, but is a good suggestion.
Red Garden...hmm, time to check it out.
Old 2007-07-05, 12:55   Link #7
Kaiko

I didn't like the ending in the Gantz anime myself >_> But meh. I'm still loving the manga. I'll be sure to look into Red Garden.

Offtopic: Just finished Eureka 7, now I feel all tingly inside :3
Old 2007-07-06, 07:34   Link #8
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
wah ur not gonna look into hajime no ippo...? all i can say is your loss
My Anime List
Old 2007-07-06, 09:39   Link #9
Kaiko

I read all the Hajime no Ippo manga already :P
Closed Thread