AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-22, 18:20   Link #1
Yellat

Send a message via AIM to Yellat
R.o.d Tv

does anyone else think that we are going to see the paper showing up soon?

Last edited by Yellat; 2003-12-06 at 16:14.
Old 2003-11-22, 18:28   Link #2
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

Kinda spoilerish below, I guess, I'm not boxing it though. ^^ I actually thought the three sisters were going to go find Yomiko after Nenene was taken. I think Maggie grabs the locket with her picture or something. Instead they just went after Nenene directly. It is a 26 ep series, though, isn't it? So I guess they didn't have to get her in as quick as I was thinking.
Old 2003-11-22, 20:20   Link #3
Rebochan
Clubbing

I'm still reeling from that plot twist in Episode 11. Still...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-23, 21:49   Link #4
Yellat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering A.I.
...I actually thought the three sisters were going to go find Yomiko after Nenene was taken...
i thought that they were going to find Yomiko then also, or that Yomiko would interfer in the abduction. i think this series turning out pretty well except for one or two episodes so far.
Old 2003-11-23, 22:28   Link #5
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

why would they go to find yomiko when nenene was just kidnapped in front of them? wouldn't it make sense to get nenene back first since she was drugged and all?
Old 2003-11-24, 04:29   Link #6
Yellat

Yomiko could have shown up and stopped the kidnapping or afterwards to help. they need something, cause they sure as hell arent going threw the male paper user(his name escapes me currently, i blame hamlet), he will turn them into tiny, little, bloody cubes. its already been shown they cant block his indirect attacks.

Last edited by Yellat; 2003-11-25 at 04:13.
Old 2003-11-24, 06:09   Link #7
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

His name is Sunny Wong AFAIK. I'm thinking the fight will get interrupted by one of the things Junior & Joker are up to - Sunny is too good a villain to get rid of now, isn't he? Of course with my track record on guesses it will probably turn out those people speculating he is Yomiko will actually be right, lol.

>wouldn't it make sense to get nenene back first

Well I didn't think they would be able to go straight to where Nenene was. Also at the kidnapping they were overpowered by just a bunch of Dokusensha goons who didn't even hose them down with water or anything - who'd have thunk they could take on Dokusensha's entire building? ^^ Besides, the title of the episode had paper in it...
Old 2003-11-25, 04:14   Link #8
Yellat

isnt Sunny Wong the guy with the pigeon?
Old 2003-11-25, 04:36   Link #9
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellat
does anyone else think that we are going to see the paper showing up soon?
Why does everyone think yomiko is going to show up.... the manga that this is based on doesnt have her, the creator even denied putting yomiko in iirc...
Old 2003-11-25, 08:26   Link #10
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

>isnt Sunny Wong the guy with the pigeon?

Just watch ep 9 again, Maggie calls the trench coat guy Wong when they meet in the cave while she's lost. The mustachioed Chinese guy is Kim (could be Kin, I forget which they use and the kanji can go either way ^^) but it's also mentioned in that ep.

>Why does everyone think yomiko is going to show up..

Aww, you're no fun. We're just hoping for a cameo, not for her to come in and take over the show or anything. ^^

Edit: spelling. BTW, did anyone see Yomiko's shadow in the flames in ep 6?

Last edited by Wandering A.I.; 2003-11-26 at 10:47.
Old 2003-11-25, 22:10   Link #11
Yellat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Why does everyone think yomiko is going to show up.... the manga that this is based on doesnt have her, the creator even denied putting yomiko in iirc...
hadnt heard that.
Old 2003-11-25, 22:46   Link #12
Xeiliex

Send a message via AIM to Xeiliex
Quote:
Yomiko could have shown up and stopped the kidnapping or afterwards to help. they need something, cause they sure as hell arent going threw the male paper user(his name escapes me currently, i blame hamlet), he will turn them into tiny, little, bloody cubes. its already been shown they cant block his indirect attacks.
As it stands they haven't fought wong(?) yet. Yomiko could jump in during the fight and help them out abit.while i don't the the three I think this fight near impossible for them without something intervening. recalling what happen at the the onsen in previous episodes., this paper user is no joke.

plus at the the end as they were gathering paper...a lot of it it was sucked away.
with limited ammo and already being worn out from the last fight I think some body pretty stong would have to intervene and help them out a bit.

if it were not yomiko her self It would either be joker-san,with some alterior motvie of courseas he is technically a villian, or on of his helpers. but some body as stong as Yomiko would definately turn the tables. wI could possibly see drake san helping them with draw the to regroup or add a plot twist but beating him would near impossible in my opinion.
Old 2003-11-25, 23:43   Link #13
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

What about Junoir-san he might actually step in to help Anita when shes on the verge of getting killed by Wong. I think its too early in the series for Yomiko to show up yet. I doubt Joker-san would help them, but I could be wrong.
Old 2003-11-26, 00:38   Link #14
Xeiliex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
What about Junoir-san he might actually step in to help Anita when shes on the verge of getting killed by Wong. I think its too early in the series for Yomiko to show up yet. I doubt Joker-san would help them, but I could be wrong.

junior-san is nice possiblity. think bot this some more if Yomiko were to show up now she would either ave to stay is the series or conviently disappear agian just Nenene comes to.
Old 2003-11-26, 20:16   Link #15
Yellat

junior-san is a person i hadnt thought of helping them. as for yomiko disappering it wouldnt be the first time that that was done in a series.
Old 2003-11-27, 04:29   Link #16
FlyByNite

I think Junior will help out Anita because she's the first friend he's ever had probably and will want to help keep her safe.

I don't see how they can beat Sonny Wong(I didn't know his name either. but he's ultra-strong.

I don't understand why the building just didn't trigger the sprinkler. We've seen the girls be beaten by wet paper before. Altho the whole building raid was cool. It was like a paper version of the Matrix Morpheus rescue in the first one

I'm still shocked Lee turned out to be a bad guy. I never got the impression he was anything other then a big fan of Nenene's.
Old 2003-11-27, 16:42   Link #17
Xeiliex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I think Junior will help out Anita because she's the first friend he's ever had probably and will want to help keep her safe.

I don't see how they can beat Sonny Wong(I didn't know his name either. but he's ultra-strong.

I don't understand why the building just didn't trigger the sprinkler. We've seen the girls be beaten by wet paper before. Altho the whole building raid was cool. It was like a paper version of the Matrix Morpheus rescue in the first one

I'm still shocked Lee turned out to be a bad guy. I never got the impression he was anything other then a big fan of Nenene's.
I have I feeline lee will be oe those bad guy redemtion stories....he'll either die helping nenene. or he will help them in some way in the end and will be let off the hook.

That said I'm real cofident that anita-chan and crew will be safe...I more worried about joker-san ambitions. If yomiko-san is i the series at all she have to be tied in with Joker-san. and of course I think junior-san will end having to fight Anita-chan.

well this is still all speculation.
Old 2003-11-30, 03:16   Link #18
Sakuya
*Artist

Does anyone know when the first R1 DVD for this series is coming out? Geneon's old website is not being updated.
Old 2003-11-30, 04:40   Link #19
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Quote:
junior-san is a person i hadnt thought of helping them. as for yomiko disappering it wouldnt be the first time that that was done in a series.
Ymm, colour me confused by that, but what are you talking about? Far as I know, there have only been two ROD serieses, the OVA, and this one. Since Yomiko didnt dissipear during the OVAs, what other dissapearance of hers are you referring to?
Old 2003-12-01, 05:07   Link #20
Rias

Spoiler for Episode 14 below:
Spoiler:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-12-01 at 05:11. Reason: added [spoiler] tags
Closed Thread