AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-18, 22:11   Link #161
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
well, Yanagimoto dislikes Haruhi.
Is it ever mentioned why?
Jealousy, perhaps? I mean, Haruhi gets great marks, and doesn't really have to work to get them... in most schools, that would breed some jealousy.

Another possibility is that Yanagimoto might be special in some way.

Anyway... that's incredible detail for minor side characters. Impressive in some ways. One thing that stands out to me while going through Haruhi's class, and their various relations and associations with one another, is how much of an outsider duo Kyon and Haruhi are. Especially Haruhi herself.

Most of the rest of the class are more involved with other classmates than they are.

That's an intriguing touch.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-10-19 at 08:38.
Old 2009-10-18, 22:40   Link #162
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
That's pretty much all the information we have on their classmates.

*e* In Haruhi's defense, at least one person in the class has "Wants to be friends with Haruhi" in her description.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-10-18 at 22:54.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:33   Link #163
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Jealousy, perhaps? I mean, Haruhi gets great marks, and doesn't really have to work to get them... in most schools, that would breed some jealousy.

Another possibility is that Yanagimoto might be special in some way.

Anyway... that's incredible detail for minor side characters. Impressive in some ways. One thing that stands out to me while going through Haruhi's class, and their various relations and associations with one another, is how much of an outsider duo Kyon and Haruhi are. Especially Haruhi herself.

Most of the rest of the class are more involved with over classmates than they are.

That's an intriguing touch.
I think Yanagimoto's perspective can be put thusly:

A girl waltzes into class every day and acts like she owns the universe. She disrupts the class every other day, stares out the window half the time, runs a group of delinquents out of another club's clubroom, and frequently walks around the school in a bunny suit. Despite all this, she never gets in any real trouble and manages to pwn everyone at everything, especially in athletics and acedemics.

I think there's quite a list there of very good reasons to hate Haruhi Suzumiya.

But whatever. So Yana is a heretic. What are ya gonna do?

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2009-10-19, 07:58   Link #164
OkamiNoKaze

Which character is Yanagimoto again?

also I don't know if they were just there at lunch from another room but were the younger members of ENOZ in Haruhi and Kyon's class? there are a couple girls that look like them in the episode.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:37   Link #165
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Look on the last page, there's two seating charts, and the second has everything in English. For a less harsh answer, she sits behind Kunikida, and that's about the only thing I can tell you.

As for the second question, there is no one in their class named Enomoto, Nakanishi, Okajima or Zaizen, so I'd think it's safe to say that none of them are in the same class as Haruhi and Kyon.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-19, 13:02   Link #166
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I'm pretty sure Yana doesn't have that good of a reason to dislike Haruhi.
Haruhi is capable of making friends (Tsuruya and Mikuru, and Yuki I guess) and is able to have a good time while still being her eccentric self but Yana wouldn't know that.
Also, Ryoko wanted to be friends with Haruhi. She and Sakanaka should have teamed up
Old 2009-10-19, 13:19   Link #167
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Most of the class is implied to have tried becoming Haruhi's friend. Yanagimoto most likely just took the rejection poorly.
Old 2009-10-19, 13:28   Link #168
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I've always wondered why everyone tried to make friends with her.
She seems more open now in the novels for whatever reason..
Old 2009-10-19, 14:10   Link #169
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
I've always wondered why everyone tried to make friends with her.
They were probably just trying to be nice. Also, she is a very interesting person, saying what she said at the introduction, being exelent in both sports and studys... It is natural people try to know her. It is also natural people just stop after a whyle and starting dislike her, she was very rude with everyone.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:34   Link #170
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

But no one (besides Yana) really dislikes her, they just kind of gave up
Old 2009-10-19, 14:47   Link #171
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Well, if someone's an ass to you, you generally ignore them, right? If dealing with someone upsets you, you don't deal with them. Maybe Yana's just more confrotational.

Although I'd personally try to beat the crap out of them for treating people like dirt. I think Haruhi's earlier behaviour is disgusting. Do you honestly think anyone would put up with her behaviour if she didn't have those powers? No. Kyon would have hit her in Sighs, and she'd have gotten what she really deserves. (Or deserved depending on your views.)

You don't treat people like toys, and you don't treat them like they're nothing. Haruhi did/does both and at times I found it kind of hard to read.

Her classmates get a free front row ticket to her dislikeable behaviour. They have two options: ignore it, or react to it. It looks to me like the majority of the class ignore/ignored it.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-10-19, 14:55   Link #172
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Although I'd personally try to beat the crap out of them for treating people like dirt. I think Haruhi's earlier behaviour is disgusting. Do you honestly think anyone would put up with her behaviour if she didn't have those powers? No. Kyon would have hit her in Sighs, and she'd have gotten what she really deserves. (Or deserved depending on your views.)
Errr, Kyon don't give a danm to Hruhi's powers. He would be her friend even without it. Actually, given her behaviour in late novels, I believe she would have more friends without her powers.

Anyway, I agree with the rest of the post. Haruhi was an ass to everyone so everyone just decided to ignore her. And, as you said, Yanagimoto is porbably just more confrontational then the others. Or maybe they were to the same Middle School and Yana dislike Haruhi since then.

I am more curious why Sakanaka still wants to be Haruhi's friend. She should've just gave up. I guess Haruhi is still somewhat popular. Kunikida said that he and Taniguchi also envy Kyon for being friend of Haruhi.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:59   Link #173
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember, most of the class only seeing Haruhi's interactions with Kyon in class. They hear rumors of what she's done (such as the bunny girl flyer incident early on, or a few other things the SOS-dan does in public) but not what goes on behind the closed door of the Literary Club. They of course also know about what Haruhi did before she starts the SOS-dan.
Old 2009-10-19, 15:07   Link #174
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Remember, most of the class only seeing Haruhi's interactions with Kyon in class. They hear rumors of what she's done (such as the bunny girl flyer incident early on, or a few other things the SOS-dan does in public) but not what goes on behind the closed door of the Literary Club. They of course also know about what Haruhi did before she starts the SOS-dan.
Sorry, I didn't understand the point of it. This is suppose to make people be more or less likelly to like her?
Old 2009-10-19, 15:14   Link #175
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
THey only know what they've heard and only know what they want to know, and they see Haruhi and Kyon talking-alot-
Old 2009-10-19, 15:24   Link #176
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Errr, Kyon don't give a danm to Hruhi's powers. He would be her friend even without it. Actually, given her behaviour in late novels, I believe she would have more friends without her powers.
I meant that Koizumi kept Kyon from being GAR. Not that Kyon cares or anything.

Though I don't think he wants to be friends with her. He kind of only talked to her because she's pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth
THey only know what they've heard and only know what they want to know, and they see Haruhi and Kyon talking-alot-
I'm not sure what you're inferring here, but that's not enough for people to go "OH. SHE MUST NOT BE A BITCH BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING."

Her behaviour in the classroom is enough. Several students and teachers more than likely saw her in the bunny girl outfit. It's not as much a rumor as something some people likely missed and don't like to talk about. It's probably embressing for the school and faculty.

If I'm missing something here, sorry. :C

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-10-19, 15:32   Link #177
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Though I don't think he wants to be friends with her. He kind of only talked to her because she's pretty.
I would post something here. But decided moving it to the right place. Give a look at the Haruhi's character thread, please.
Old 2009-10-19, 15:38   Link #178
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This means that anything she does to Mikuru is likely not known, or at best a rumor. Thus the class wouldn't know about Haruhi treating people like toys, since that is pretty much an internal SOS-dan matter.
Old 2009-10-19, 19:37   Link #179
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

On a random note, what If Sakanaka had powers? You know, cuz Ryoko seemed to be the only one interested in being friends with her and she's an alien
Old 2009-10-19, 19:48   Link #180
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
On a random note, what If Sakanaka had powers? You know, cuz Ryoko seemed to be the only one interested in being friends with her and she's an alien
Sakanaka only has a surname, therefore her having powers is extremely unlikely.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters