AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 10:04   Link #101
TrueKnight

Hero remains to be badass. His opponents were just really pathetic compared to him, or he's powers and skills are just too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Fairy Queen: careful, theres a demon wolf boss around here

Hero: Oh him I defeated him.

Fairy Queen: But theres a even bigger threat, a demon wolf kin...

Hero: Oh him I also defeated him....last week
That moment made me rofl. The demon realm residents are like wtf to his prowess. He's really worthy to wield the title of 'hero'. Also now we got the union guys going to enter negotiations with the demon queen. Damn they better not mess with the hero's wife or there'll be hell to pay when he comes back.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 10:26   Link #102
Shadow5YA

The Hero always had all the power he needed to take down the Demon Lord. The only reason he didn't was because he was won over with diplomacy, which is probably the main theme of this series anyway -- diplomacy and economics.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:29   Link #103
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch5:

Looks like the TVTropes page needs updating.

PS: Head Maid making fun of the Queen's boobs never gets old. lol
Old 2011-09-28, 12:27   Link #104
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

"We call meat that doesn't have any humanistic maternity "useless meat".

Head Maid is harsh Head Maid.

Another awesome chapter though. ;D

Gotta wonder if there's anyone out there that's a match for Hero though. Right now seems more or less unstoppable. I'd like to see him in a serious fight at least once.

Those Union guys better not do anything to the Demon Queen, or there will be rage. ><
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:53   Link #105
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
"We call meat that doesn't have any humanistic maternity "useless meat".

Head Maid is harsh Head Maid.

Another awesome chapter though. ;D

Gotta wonder if there's anyone out there that's a match for Hero though. Right now seems more or less unstoppable. I'd like to see him in a serious fight at least once.

Those Union guys better not do anything to the Demon Queen, or there will be rage. ><
LOL
Does Head Maid even realize that she's too, have a pair of those Useless Meat??
But look like Head Maid is experienced in tempting human, as expected of a Maid that can command an army.
She put that costume on Demon queen so the Merchant will busy staring to those Melons, and can easily deceived by Demon Queen "diplomatic skill"

If all goes bad, plan B already prepared, The mansion packed with Living "pretending to be dead" Armour.

Not to mention Head Maid preparing an ambush using Villagers and their family in the pretext to eat potato together in the mansion, if The Young Merchant become 'wild'
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 13:22   Link #106
tsunade666

I don't trust that young merchant or the union at all. They look like money hunger people that can't be trusted.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:24   Link #107
Key Board
Carbon

I'm not comfortable with maou being responsible for all technological breakthroughs so far

but I'm going to guess that she really didn't invent these, per say. Instead, these technological breakthroughs are actually old and forgotten technology dating from say, a few thousand years back

In fact, I'm guessing that the's major plot twist for this story. This actually takes place post world war 3 or something.

maou just happens to know about it because she is booksmart
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 18:42   Link #108
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm not comfortable with maou being responsible for all technological breakthroughs so far

but I'm going to guess that she really didn't invent these, per say. Instead, these technological breakthroughs are actually old and forgotten technology dating from say, a few thousand years back

In fact, I'm guessing that the's major plot twist for this story. This actually takes place post world war 3 or something.

maou just happens to know about it because she is booksmart
From this chapter it sounds like most if not all of her knowledge comes from being the race of demons that lives in the "exterior library." It also made it sounds like the library contains much more knowledge than one would credit for a medieval world. Though I think your thoughts that it must take place in a future earth is a little farfetched.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 19:35   Link #109
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, the technology that the Demon Queen has access to is rather advanced.

No, I'm not talking about the compass, windmills, agricultural techniques...

The paper and printing technology the Queen has is clearly at the very least mid-18th century level. And that's putting it lightly.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 19:41   Link #110
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, the technology that the Demon Queen has access to is rather advanced.

No, I'm not talking about the compass, windmills, agricultural techniques...

The paper and printing technology the Queen has is clearly at the very least mid-18th century level. And that's putting it lightly.
Yeah but that doesn't mean the story has to take place on earth. Mythical Libraries that contain ridiculous amounts of knowledge aren't rare in fantasy stories. Also paper and printing, where have we seen that? I mean we've seen her provide notes and stuff but I can't think of seeing any kind of printing being done, it might just be slipping my mind though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 19:49   Link #111
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I don't feel that this is a 'It Was Future Earth All Along", but I think there's definitely and potentially some mythos and plot importance behind 'Queen has access to crops, technology, innovations and stuff years/decades beyond the current time' besides just it being waived off as 'Demon World's stuff.'

While there's no real hint of it yet... It feels as if the Demon World is not really that advanced compared to the Human World, and that all the things the Queen have are not 'standard Demon World' stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah but that doesn't mean the story has to take place on earth. Mythical Libraries that contain ridiculous amounts of knowledge aren't rare in fantasy stories. Also paper and printing, where have we seen that? I mean we've seen her provide notes and stuff but I can't think of seeing any kind of printing being done, it might just be slipping my mind though.
It's not explicitly mentioned, but the way the Demon Queen described the economic report she gave the Hero in Chapter 1 ( it being paper instead of parchment ), the standard A4 size of the paper, and the graphs on the report...

It's not strictly mentioned to be the result of a printer-press technology, but I think it's really telling that it is.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:32   Link #112
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Personally, I don't feel that this is a 'It Was Future Earth All Along", but I think there's definitely and potentially some mythos and plot importance behind 'Queen has access to crops, technology, innovations and stuff years/decades beyond the current time' besides just it being waived off as 'Demon World's stuff.'

While there's no real hint of it yet... It feels as if the Demon World is not really that advanced compared to the Human World, and that all the things the Queen have are not 'standard Demon World' stuff.
Well I think thats what Xacual is saying that the "libary" place where the DQ is said to be from is the place where all the tech is coming from.
I also think thats the case and not a future lost world, pretty sure we would have seen some sorta hints at that, no way ruins could have gone unnoticed for so long.

Quote:
It's not explicitly mentioned, but the way the Demon Queen described the economic report she gave the Hero in Chapter 1 ( it being paper instead of parchment ), the standard A4 size of the paper, and the graphs on the report...

It's not strictly mentioned to be the result of a printer-press technology, but I think it's really telling that it is.
I probably wouldn't look/think too deeply into that part, I think the graph and paper was there for the sake of it rather than being "advanced"
Altho not say it isn't possible, I just find it rather unlikely and was just for convinence.
Old 2011-09-28, 22:49   Link #113
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 1 of the manga is out.
Old 2011-09-29, 07:59   Link #114
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This version of the manga adaptations actually downscaled the technology during the Demon Queen's presentation; the original 2ch flash manga had the queen give the Hero what she explicitly refers to as "printer paper", and she uses a reeled film projector for the rest of her presentation.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 21:11   Link #115
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not too worried about the Demon Queen meeting the shady Merchant Union guys, because I'm sure she's dealt with worse in her realm. It's they that should be worried...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 07:50   Link #116
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Hero always had all the power he needed to take down the Demon Lord. The only reason he didn't was because he was won over with diplomacy, which is probably the main theme of this series anyway -- diplomacy and economics.
Yea I felt that this premise was interesting indeed but in the end felt a little flat, the whole economics and diplomacy thing isn't so easy a weapon to wield on top of that the economics, etc were rather blaise and a very generalized one at that, on top of that how are you supposed to convert a hero with just words, when the amount of indoctrination is involved with warriors and those that perceive the world to be a certain way. I think I'd be way more interested if the intro arc was like some attempts at diplomacy, then a battle between the two, the hero realizing the futility of the fighting but still wanting to hold his ideals/nationality, then more diplomacy. Anyway the biggest problem I have from reading the first chapter was that it's so casual with it's lofty ideas on top of the fact that most of those ideas are wrong, or oversimplified.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 08:03   Link #117
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Anyway the biggest problem I have from reading the first chapter was that it's so casual with it's lofty ideas on top of the fact that most of those ideas are wrong, or oversimplified.
Really? Care to elaborate?

I'd say most of the ideas are spot-on.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 08:18   Link #118
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Really? Care to elaborate?

I'd say most of the ideas are spot-on.
The notion that war fuels economies is ridiculous, war depresses economies especially when it comes to long drawn out wars, see, Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, American ventures in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, if anything if they set up the notion of an illuminati that would make sense but for the most part those to benefit from war are not the general populace, in fact the burden of war is on the backs of the public where as the benefits are reaped by the powerful. The notion that war would be good for the common folk is absurd and surreal. Sure it may lead to "unification" but in the end the orphans of war are the burden of society and not those that truly prosper from war, which demon queen seems to imply it's the common folk with the death rate drop. I mean a perfect parallel is the war on terror, we are fighting an abstraction such as Demons. Also the notion that it's the states using each other's as buffers is most likely not relevant, as in a real war of "life and death" all soldiers would be sent that were able, that means that the poor, the homeless get to join the ranks of the military depending on how society is structured.
Old 2011-10-01, 09:28   Link #119
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
The notion that war fuels economies is ridiculous, war depresses economies especially when it comes to long drawn out wars, see, Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, American ventures in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, if anything if they set up the notion of an illuminati that would make sense but for the most part those to benefit from war are not the general populace, in fact the burden of war is on the backs of the public where as the benefits are reaped by the powerful. The notion that war would be good for the common folk is absurd and surreal. Sure it may lead to "unification" but in the end the orphans of war are the burden of society and not those that truly prosper from war, which demon queen seems to imply it's the common folk with the death rate drop. I mean a perfect parallel is the war on terror, we are fighting an abstraction such as Demons. Also the notion that it's the states using each other's as buffers is most likely not relevant, as in a real war of "life and death" all soldiers would be sent that were able, that means that the poor, the homeless get to join the ranks of the military depending on how society is structured.
That's looking at the effects on a modern country, the story is set in a medieval time perioed. Look at the effects of the crusades on the European economy, the crusades had a lot positive effects trade routes were established, new markets opened, and shipbuilding was improved. It also helped to create a money-based economy and increased the importance of fairs and markets. In a modern nation which has already undergone a lot of these changes it is a large drain on resources, but in a medieval setting an extended war that the people fully support (such as a war to reclaim the holy land or a war to resist demon invaders) can have a lot of positive effects.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 09:33   Link #120
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
That's looking at the effects on a modern country, the story is set in a medieval time perioed. Look at the effects of the crusades on the European economy, the crusades had a lot positive effects trade routes were established, new markets opened, and shipbuilding was improved. It also helped to create a money-based economy and increased the importance of fairs and markets. In a modern nation which has already undergone a lot of these changes it is a large drain on resources, but in a medieval setting an extended war that the people fully support (such as a war to reclaim the holy land or a war to resist demon invaders) can have a lot of positive effects.
Even in the medieval setting war is taxing, further taxing of the population to fund wars is evident in the crusades, the 100 years war, etc, even in feudal society war could only prolong the inevitable, if we look at Alexander and Rome, it's obvious that the natural order of things is for them to end, so to imply that the world is better with this arbitrary and artificial war is ridiculous, if history has taught us anything is that war is a burden, and that resources that are necessity for a successful and prosperous society are lost during times of war due to the pressing matters of war.

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome