AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-27, 21:49   Link #1441
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

If it makes anyone feel better: 2ch is begging for a second season too...to the point of asking people to buy DVDs to show their interest ^^

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 22:24   Link #1442
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
If it makes anyone feel better: 2ch is begging for a second season too...to the point of asking people to buy DVDs to show their interest ^^
Seriously,for the first time in my life I'm strongly considering importing something in hope to make a difference.

That was a great finale,it had a lot of elements that made me love the show and are the reasons why I'm hoping for more.

Random but this was the first time I saw Karuta outside of Chihayafuru

Images
rinne no lagrange
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

No idea if that's just random coincidence or if suddenly you're gonna start seeing more Karuta clubs in anime
Old 2012-03-27, 22:35   Link #1443
Echoes

Well, both Chihaya and Lan are voiced by the same voice actress, so that might explain the inclusion.
Old 2012-03-27, 22:38   Link #1444
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This has been a very hard 2 days for me, saying goodbye to 5 series I really love and having to set it all down on paper to boot. And this was definitely the hardest. Even though nothing really emotional happened, I was on the edge for the entire second half of the episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 23:39   Link #1445
GundamZZ
残念美人

The ending is open-ended.

It becomes more apparent that Suo is CHIHYA 2.0. Chihaya has a lot of room for growth. The future outcome is bright. Chihaya will make her way to the final match someday.

Spoiler for size:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 23:44   Link #1446
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I'm in for a second season as well. It also seemed to me that Arata and Taichi were going to be up to something based on that phone call.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 00:06   Link #1447
Kakkou
Tch.

Great, no, AMAZING series. One of the super dark horses for me from the previous seasons. This is the same as when I watched Oofuri. I never at all thought that either show would make me feel so strongly for it but here I am, singing praises all the way. It was beautiful and touching at the same time, yet hot-blooded unlike what you'd expect.

Man, finishing all these great show one after the other is making me sad. The next season has much to hold up to.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 00:13   Link #1448
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What a low-key ending. It's been quite a ride, outside of the occasional "Emofuru" moment. Chihaya is beautiful looking and her spirit is infectious, but unfortunately we have no real resolution here and have to wait for a second season, someday. Let's hope they get those 5 random mooks to join them, and maybe Arata will stop moping too XD.

And Taichi, lol you're a class act.

8/10 ending, 9/10 series, for now.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 00:33   Link #1449
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I have never done this before, but how much does the DVD cost? Can I buy it off Amazon Japan? I have never seen a series that makes me want to do anything possible to see that it has another season.

And to the rest: I am serious about this. If you have any information about the DVD sale (not the blue ray), please let me know. I am going to contribute to the sales so that second season becomes a reality.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 01:04   Link #1450
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
I have never done this before, but how much does the DVD cost? Can I buy it off Amazon Japan? I have never seen a series that makes me want to do anything possible to see that it has another season.

And to the rest: I am serious about this. If you have any information about the DVD sale (not the blue ray), please let me know. I am going to contribute to the sales so that second season becomes a reality.
Of course you can get it off Amazon.jp! Only the first six volumes are currently listed and they each contain three episodes. The first press editions also come with extras like character charms and cards.

The second volume only did about 2,333 units BD/DVD combined, so the show clearly needs all the help it can get. Id' love to do my part too but unfortunately I'm already tied up with other imports (current and backlogged) and an unfortunate lack of shelf space.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-03-28 at 02:03.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 01:36   Link #1451
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And don't forget the bi-lingual manga too - show Kodansha you care. Every little bit helps...
Old 2012-03-28, 06:00   Link #1452
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And don't forget the bi-lingual manga too - show Kodansha you care. Every little bit helps...
Yep mine are already purchased!
Old 2012-03-28, 06:51   Link #1453
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A second season would be most welcome. And easily one of the more underrated shows in recent years. It was the the only show that has sport as its genre that got me that hooked, the closest another of similar genre did that was Saki, and that was a long time ago.

One of the major themes of the show as a whole, is the passion one can have for something he/she loves, and that passion can be shared among friends. Dreams, however far-fetched it may seem, will never become reality without effort being put in.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:46   Link #1454
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm hesitant to mention something so third-hand, but there are rumors that a second season is coming...
Old 2012-03-28, 17:48   Link #1455
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

^ You're setting my hopes up pretty high now. Damn you .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:05   Link #1456
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm hesitant to mention something so third-hand, but there are rumors that a second season is coming...
What does it say exactly?
Old 2012-03-28, 18:12   Link #1457
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As best I can make out, that Asaka (or someone at Madhouse) supposedly said they've made the decision to begin a 2nd season either in Winter or Spring 2013.
Old 2012-03-28, 18:37   Link #1458
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Basically, what Enzo said.

Or rather, the staff are like "a second season confirmed? Really?" and the chief is praying "next April, next April, next April, next April, next April...".

The source thought it might be confirmed with the screening of the last episode...which we know we didn't get..(though I personally think it'd have been too early to do that. I mean, they didn't with Working!!, and that was pretty much guaranteed a second season...)

The important posts are the ones highlighted in blue (the third one - post #94 - confirms that the source of the rumour is the person who leaked the news previously about the opening changing).

Quote:
2期決まったよ、たぶん来年冬だと思う
ソースは中の人
チーフさんは4月からにしてくれって言ってるらしいから
1月か4月のどちらかのはず
and

Quote:
さあ、そこまではさすがに聞きづらいw
スタッフさんたちの間でもまだ「2期決まったの?まじで?」みたいな感じらしいし
チーフさんは「4月4月4月4月4月…」って祈ってる段階

もしかしたら今日の最終回ラストくらいで先取り2期告知くるかもしれん

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:27   Link #1459
sergel02

Even if it's true, that's so long away. It is one thing i kinda like about msot american cartoons. You'll get that annoying mid-season break or weeks here and there of reruns, but it overall goes on for most of the year. Usually between seasons there will be 6-9 months inbetween.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:35   Link #1460
Kirarakim

If true I can definitely wait until Winter/Spring 2013. As they say all good things come to those who wait.

It might just be a rumor but that site gave me some hope!

Tags
josei, karuta, madhouse