AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-06-18, 14:30   Link #281
Amray

I liked Strawberry Panic most when it comes to romance.
I thought the romance in it was very good and it really catches my attention. Not only because they are all lesbians, but also because the characters are all unique and the Anime is full of love circles and such that I found it awesome and very cute, yet beautiful.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:49   Link #282
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Kanon 2006
Ef - A tale of Memories

Miles above the others I've watched.

Working on a big project!
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:51   Link #283
MamoruUsagi

Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare First Love
Mars
The Devil Does Exist
Paradise Kiss
Bokura ga Ita
Sensual Phrase
Fushigi Yugi
Happy Hustle High
Ceres Celestial Legend
Kare Kano
Akuma De Sourou
High School Debut
Ultra Cute
Peach Girl
Missile Happy!
Wild Act
Black Bird
Land of the Blindfolded
Doubt!!
Absolute Boyfriend

Have couples that are dating and in relationships during the series.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-15 at 17:45.
MamoruUsagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 01:25   Link #284
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Bokura ga Ita is probably the best that first comes to mind.

Sailor Moon is a classic.

Hmm, weird. Even though I love romance (lol pun) I'm having a hard time coming up with titles. All the KeyAni shows seem to be about familial love or other forms of platonic love rather than romantic love. Love Hina is a harem show...hmm...
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 07:27   Link #285
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Saikano in terms of manga but i wouldnt suggest the anime.

As for anime i would have to probably go with Ef a tale of memories.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 06:40   Link #286
yohanesko

best of the best

I've seen alot like Kare kano, aishiteru baby, etc... they are all pale in comparison to these two classics

Kimagure Orange Road and Maison Ikkoku

try it yourself, and you will see what i mean
yohanesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 07:35   Link #287
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohanesko View Post
I've seen alot like Kare kano, aishiteru baby, etc... they are all pale in comparison to these two classics

Those two are the "classics".

Besides, if you're into manga, check out the manga versions of the anime that you enjoyed. Usually, you'll get more kicks where you don't really expect it.
Old 2008-10-11, 12:19   Link #288
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohanesko View Post

Definitely. These are the two "gods" of romance anime and you are correct that all these recycling series pale in comparison to them. However, I slightly disagree with the poster above me. I actually prefer the anime version of Maison Ikkoku over the manga.

Though I think that "Kare Kano" has also earned a respected spot somewhere near the top. And some more recent series, like "Honey and Clover", have excellent writing.

My definitive top 5 would certainly consist of these four, as well as "Whisper of the Heart", a Ghibli film. I'm not a fan of eroge adaptations or harem anime, etc, which seem so popular nowadays. These five series are the best showcase for romance anime.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 13:15   Link #289
MamoruUsagi

Kare First Love
Mars
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Sailor Moon
The Devil Does Exist
Bokura ga Ita
Paradise Kiss
Wild Act
Happy Hustle High
Akuma De Sourou
Ceres Celestial Legend
Peach Girl
Ultra Cute
Kare Kano
Absolute Boyfriend
Doubt!!
High School Debut
Missile Happy!
Fushigi Yugi
Black Bird

Mars Mars is the most realistic and easy to relate to romance manga, the couple is dating, living together, engaged, having sex and in a very real relationship during the series.

Wild Act is an amazing romance manga. The couple is dating, having sex, there's lots of kissing and a deep, committed relationship.

Kare First Love Kare First Love is a realistic romance manga with a very realistic and easy to relate to relationship, the couple is dating, going out, having sex and in a relationship the entire series, lots of kissing and sex.

The Devil Does Exist The Devil Does Exist is a very realistic and easy to relate to romance manga, the couple is dating and in a relationship during the series.

Sailor Moon Sailor Moon is the perfect romance, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend, dating, get engaged, get married, have a kid, meet their future selves, go through many obstacles as a couple, very easy to relate to, deep, epic, passionate, committed relationship that's been through break ups, misunderstandings, spells and has made it through everything.

Fushigi Yuugi Fushigi Yuugi has a couple that is dating and in a deep, passionate, epic relationship. The couple is dating and is boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, get engaged, have sex, get married, have a kid and have a deep, epic relationship.

Fushigi Yugi Fushigi Yugi manga is much longer and better than the show, the couple is dating for a much longer time, the relationship is much more mature and passionate, the couple is engaged for a much longer time, there is lots more kissing in bed, making out, make out scenes, the sex scene is much more passionate and the couple is dating and in a deeper, more committed, more mature, passionate relationship.

Ceres Celestial Legend Ayashi no Ceres has lots of kissing in hotel rooms, making out in bed, sex, living together, eloping, a pregnancy and a hot and heavy, steamy, passionate relationship in the manga only.

Bokura ga Ita Bokura ga Ita is a realistic and relatable romance.

Paradise Kiss Paradise Kiss is a great romance.

Happy Hustle High Happy Hustle High has a couple that is dating and in a committed relationship the entire series without breaking up.

High School Debut High School Debut has a couple that is dating and in a relationship during the series.

Akuma De Sourou Amazing romance manga.

All are very realistic, have couples dating, in relationships, going out, having sex, kissing, dating, making out, being in a relationship, moving in together, getting engaged, getting married, having a kid, dating and being in a realistic, mature, sexual relationship. That is very important and all of these have couples that are dating and in mature relationships during the series.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-15 at 17:47.
Old 2008-10-11, 13:52   Link #290
Theowne
耳をすませば

I don't know, maybe I'm too much of an "idealistic" person but I don't really think physical relationships or making out is really what makes a good romance anime. Maison Ikkoku, for example, had a grand total of two or three actual physical interactions, mostly minor, between the characters throughout its nearly 100 episodes, yet I think it's as realistic and effective as anything else. Same goes for Honey and Clover. They're the kind of shows where an exchange of words can be more powerful than a physical "moment" just because you're so attached to the characters and their thoughts/feelings. And there was absolutely zero physical interaction in "Whisper of the Heart", but that is one of the most effective romance anime I have ever seen.

P.S. I like a lot of romance series but I'm always hesitant about whether a series is going to cross over the "soap opera" line from which there is no return. I think that's just a part of preferring idealistic love stories over the shallow soap opera sort where everyone is cheating on everyone else, even if perhaps it's the latter that is more common in real life. It's hard to put that barrier in words. I thought, for example, that "Kare Kano" was a great romance series, but I felt "Bokura ga Ita" was a bit shallow, though everyone else seems to equate the two series in many areas.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 14:34   Link #291
MamoruUsagi

I love soap operas and teen dramas like Beverly Hills, 90210 and Party of Five and One Tree Hill. I love series with both physical and emotional relationships that are developed well. I like storylines involving break ups and cheating and sex as well as storylines involving deep, emotional connections. I think it's important to have both in a series, a mix of love and lust with both physical and emotional connections. Teen Dramas and Manga and Soap Operas all have great emotional and physical romances. What's most important is that the couple is shown dating and being in a relationship as a couple. I like it when couples get together at the beginning of the series and they are shown dating and being in a relationship and facing realistic challenges in the relationship, break ups, misunderstandings, differences, cheating, insecurities, adjustments, sex, personal and emotional drama, pasts, real issues that happen in relationships. It's better to show the couple dating and in a relationship and show if they can make it through the relationship and how the relationship goes.

Some series have couples get married way too fast, the actual relationship and dating is the best part.

I enjoy everything from Beverly Hills, 90210 and Sailor Moon and Party of Five and Fushigi Yuugi and One Tree Hill and Ayashi no Ceres and Gilmore Girls and Bokura ga Ita and Beverly Hills 90210 and Mars and Melrose Place and Kare First Love and 90210 and Akuma De Sourou also called The Devil Does Exist. I have a wide variety interests and enjoy both teen drama series as well as manga series of entertainment.

I also saw the series you mentioned, too. I noticed that Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place and Maison Ikkoku have a lot in common with the episode structures. Melrose Place is Beverly Hills, 90210 and Maison Ikkoku combined. Melrose Place has the apartment complex theme from Maison Ikkoku and the couples and drama and romance from Beverly Hills, 90210. Beverly Hills, 90210 has a lot more dating couples than Maison Ikkoku, but some of the episodes have similar structures. The episodes "Camping Trip" and "Unreal World" of Beverly Hills, 90210 were very similar to how some Maison Ikkoku go, only Beverly Hills 90210 has hundreds of different couples that are dating and in relationships and break up and get back together, I wish that Maison Ikkoku had more relationships, the series had a lot of potential, but it took too long for the couples to hook up, wheras Beverly Hills, 90210 has the couples hooked up in the beginning and dating and breaking up and in relationships during the series. I enjoy both series. I remember when I first watched the episode "Camping Trip" from Beverly Hills, 90210 I thought that it seemed a lot like it could be an episode of Maison Ikkoku, only with couples in relationships. I've seen all 297 hours of Beverly Hills, 90210 and read a lot of Maison Ikkoku and watched Melrose Place. The episode structures and some of the themes are similar. Beverly Hills, 90210 gets the couples together in the beginning and shows them dating and that's the part I prefer, but I enjoy both. Melrose Place has a build up like Maison Ikkoku, only a lot steamier with a lot of affairs, it's really like Maison Ikkoku and Beverly Hills, 90210 combined, but Melrose Place has a lot more cheating and affairs and sex than either Beverly Hills, 90210 or Maison Ikkoku. But the beginning of Melrose Place seasons are so Maison Ikkoku live action. I swear I remember thinking that.

Wow, I'm off topic, hee hee. Anyways, back to the topic.

I like it better when couples get together during the beginning of the series, so you don't have to wait for things to happen. Too much build up can really kill a great relationship.

Emotional connections are more important than physical connections, but both an emotional and physical connection is the best. There are types of great entertainment couples, the ones that make out a lot and have sex and are hot and the ones that have a deep, emotional, epic connection that you can relate to and then there's the combination of both passion, lust, sex and deep love, emotion, caring. My favorite is the combination. This message is probably repetative because I added more to it without rereading it. Sorry, back to topic.

It's important to show the couples dating and being in relationships to see how the couple is in a committed relationship. That's when you know how the couple actually functions as a couple, together, going through the hard times and the obstacles while dating and being in a relationship, if the couple breaks up and gets back together, breaks up and doesn't get back together, cheats on each other, continues dating and makes it through the obstacle, has the relationship go stronger. There's also moving in together and living together which is always a great part. Making out in bed and kissing in bed scenes are hot and passionate and fun and cuddling in bed scenes are also hot and passionate and fun, it's great to mix the emotional connection of love with physical passion, making out in bed, cuddling in bed, dating, having sex, living together, going through a committed relationship with emotional and physical passion and chemistry.

Bokura ga Ita
Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Mars
Wild Act
Kare First Love
The Devil Does Exist
Happy Hustle High
Absolute Boyfriend
High School Debut
Fushigi Yugi
Paradise Kiss
Peach Girl
Ultra Cute
Black Bird
Kare Kano
Akuma De Sourou
Marmalade Boy
Kare First Love
Love Attack
Missile Happy!
Sand Chronicles
B.O.D.Y.
Doubt!!
Land of the Blindfoldesd
Ayashi no Ceres

and

Beverly Hills, 90210
One Tree Hill
Party of Five
Gilmore Girls
Beverly Hills 90210
Melrose Place
The O.C.
Feliciity

are all great, both soap operas and teen dramas and manga.

On One Tree Hill, Nathan and Haley are dating, boyfriend and girlfriend, in a relationship and deeply in love. They get married, separate, get back together, get engaged again, get married again, have two weddings, are married teens, have a child and go from dating to boyfriend and girlfriend to husband and wife to divorced to boyfriend and girlfriend to engaged to husband and wife to expecting parents to mother and father and raise their son during the series. It shows them dating and in a deep relationship.

Soap operas and teen dramas have great romance that is more developed than manga because it shows the couples in relationships for a much longer time and it shows them dating as boyfriend and girlfriend and husband and wife and mother and father and it shows the couples dating and in relationships for a long time and it spends more time showing them as a couple, dating and in a relationship. Teen dramas go much farther into the relationship and actually show the couples together for a much longer time. It shows how the relationship as a couple gets more and more serious and deeper and more committed and spends more time showing the couple dating, boyfriend and girlfriend, husband and wife, divorced, engaged, married, having a child and being a couple in a relationship.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-15 at 17:40.
Old 2008-10-11, 17:17   Link #292
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

There are too many romance animes i like... most of them being drama / sad ones since the normal silly romance doesnt get to me.

Some that left a strong impression were:

Bokura ga ita (it is simply amazing how well the characters and their little and not so little love problems were showed. And without any supernatural happening involved...)
Fate Stay Night (saddest romance ending ever... T_T)
Kanon (well.. everything is so sad in this anime... )
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 17:56   Link #293
MamoruUsagi

It's been a long time, so I thought I'd give my opinions now

Sailor Moon - The best romance. Usagi and Mamoru are the ideal couple.

Fushigi Yuugi - Excellent romance. Miaka and Tamahome have an anmazing relationship, especially in the manga.

Mars Epic romance, Kira and Rei are an amazing couple.

The Devil Does Exist Amazing romance, Kayano and Takeru are an amazing couple.

Wild Act Yuniko and Ryu are an amazing couple. An excellent romance. Sex, kissing, dating, sweetness.

Sensual Phrase - I can relate to this series because my boyfriend is in a band and the series reminds me of me and my boyfriend.

High School Debut Haruna and Yoh are a great couple. Wonderful romance about a dating couple.

Ayashi no Ceres Amazing mature romance. aya and Tooya have a passionate relationship.

Happy Hustle High Sweet romance, Hanabi and Yasuaki are dating and have a sweet relationship.

Missile Happy! Sweet romacne, Mikako and Rou are a devoted, loving couple.

Bokura ga Ita Excellent romance, Nanami and Yano are so real.

Paradise Kiss Great romance with Yukari and George as a deep couple.

Kare First Love Great romance, Karin and Kiriya are a devoted, loving couple, serious, realistic relationship.

Fushigi Yugi is an excellent romance manga. Miaka and Tamahome. Taka.

Akuma De Sourou is an amazing romance manga. Kayano and Takeru.

Ceres Celestial Legend is an amazing romance manga. Aya and Tooya.

Ultra Cute is a great romance manga.

Kare Kano An excellent, serious romance with a devoted, deep couple. Yukino and Soichiro

I like romance that have couples dating and in deep, serious relationships. These are the top romance mangas.

A great romance has a deeply devoted couple and shows the mature of their relationship, emotional, physical, sexual, epic, devoted and deep, passionate connections and love.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2011-05-12 at 17:04.

Tags
romance, anime