AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 07:02   Link #221
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Seems this thread's been getting a lotta traffic, lemme post something tangentially related:

Kotobukiya to release a Non-Scale COMPATIBLE KAISER kit in 2011:

A little update GRAVION!! Ups.. Compatible Kaiser!! Ho ho ho ho ho.

Lee Linjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 15:24   Link #222
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Some people around the net can really irritate me. I know that not everyone is knowledgeable but you can't spout nonsense how this show is based on Endless Frontier game without even checking wiki at least once. Even worse, some people compare this to power rangers. Do non-SRW fans really see this anime as that?
Old 2010-10-14, 21:47   Link #223
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Koouki stole episode 2 for me with it's supremely smug facial expression.

Spoiler for Eye of The Tiger:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 22:21   Link #224
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Some people around the net can really irritate me. I know that not everyone is knowledgeable but you can't spout nonsense how this show is based on Endless Frontier game without even checking wiki at least once. Even worse, some people compare this to power rangers. Do non-SRW fans really see this anime as that?
well considering some people are too lazy to search for them self and just make an opinion based on several minutes of the episode. I went to some anime-related forum and discussion and also saw some comment like "what is this? gurren lagan imposter?" or that power ranger comment or complaining about lack of background story without watching DW (at least on ep 1, president brian gave us some background of DC war and aerogaters)

but luckily, not every non-SRW fans acted that way. this is a positive review for ep 2 by a non-SRW fans. there are also some positive comment by people new to the franchise found Random Curiosity although it also have negative (yet hillarious) comment like "cyber kitty and dragon"
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 11:48   Link #225
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for ep 3:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 13:40   Link #226
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:
Hohohohoho finally SRX Team!!
Lee Linjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 05:52   Link #227
seiftis
~defying fate

Just watched this and haven't checked 12 pages back.

Is it just me, or Excellen's voice is way too annoying? Bleeds my ears.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:39   Link #228
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

good to see some mech action this time ,thumbs up for Kai's Gespent standing up to more advance units of DC
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 19:34   Link #229
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 2 was great, lots of great fights, although Angelg has an interesting location for entering/exiting, Poor Lamia though hopefully she'll get a better grasp of language soon. The dragon and giant tiger were pretty cool as well.
Old 2010-10-16, 19:49   Link #230
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
good to see some mech action this time ,thumbs up for Kai's Gespent standing up to more advance units of DC
That is no Gespent boy! No Gespent!
If Kai rides on the Gespent it automatically becomes the greatest Gespent ever.

I thought it was decent episode, some decent actions in the episode. R-Blade and Wildfalken looked good, then again saying a mech looked good is pretty much redundant in this show.
And this episode further clarifies that Brook is a closet pervert.
Old 2010-10-17, 11:28   Link #231
HandofFate

finished SRW: Inspectors 3.
I guess I keep following this series for the fanservice of the girls, especially since H-doujins of SRW are in general pretty crap quality. But 3 episodes so far, it isn't really grabbing me.

I love the SRW games, but I'm in actually not that big a mecha show fan in general. and I'm not going to instantly rate this show high just because it has the SRW name on it.
Old 2010-10-17, 14:19   Link #232
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
That is no Gespent boy! No Gespent!
If Kai rides on the Gespent it automatically becomes the greatest Gespent ever.

I thought it was decent episode, some decent actions in the episode. R-Blade and Wildfalken looked good, then again saying a mech looked good is pretty much redundant in this show.
And this episode further clarifies that Brook is a closet pervert.
wait till Kai gets his customized version

the analogy is like being Mass produced unit like a GM's turning into Mobile fighter like in G Gundam

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:35   Link #233
xellos2099

I noticed they....
Spoiler for preview:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 16:53   Link #234
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Olympus View Post
but luckily, not every non-SRW fans acted that way. this is a positive review for ep 2 by a non-SRW fans. there are also some positive comment by people new to the franchise found Random Curiosity although it also have negative (yet hillarious) comment like "cyber kitty and dragon"
That is a nice objective review, I hope more people will retain that opinion as the anime goes.

And now, after watching next episode I have to say

Spoiler for for episode 3:

NOTE : Game discussion, and I particularly mean OG2 scenes that anime hasn't reach yet and especially OGG should be dealt in spoiler tags. Remember guys, non SRW fans are watching this show as well.
Old 2010-10-17, 18:49   Link #235
fukarming

Knowing Excellen is there, putting his photo with Kusuha on the desk is begging for teasing. The only reasonable explanation is that Bullet enjoyed being teased. He is a M.

The facial expression of Bullet in the photo looked really perverted. If it is not SRW and it is not Bullet I would think Bullet is squeezing Kusuha's ass.

Most anime character, when faced with Excellen's taunting, will usually back off. Bullet actually going to take the photo back seems like he is really going for the towel. Bullet, after seeing Excellen's naked body, is thinking "just as planned!"

Is it just me or is the face of the SRX team looks weird? Did they burn too much budget on the mecha battle scene and have no money left for characters? Did Ryusei always have that sideburn? Or is it intentional as Ryusei no longer a kid? He looks alot more a man compare to my impression. I don't spot this problem on the ATX team though.

Kai is cool. I wonder if we will be seeing Kai doing Gespent kick later on. While I want a tight plot, I would also like an episode dedicating the entire squad "testing" out Gespent kick like those youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISQIKZTr5d4

Overall the pacing and the battle is good. I have no complaint.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 06:40   Link #236
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
That is a nice objective review, I hope more people will retain that opinion as the anime goes.
yup, I prefer to read an objective review than some weird comment badmouthing SRW just because they didnt know about SRW/story. this is a sequel after all.

about the ep, I think it's good, as always. nice pace + fan service + good battle IMO
love to see latooni, kusuha (although only in photo. lol), super robot fanatic, and kai-sama~~ jet magnum ftw!!

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-18, 07:16   Link #237
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so i liked the mech battles, i can't wait for more info on seolla and ardo, i honestly thought tatooni got shot, what did seolla shoot? and why did her eyes change
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:49   Link #238
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I noticed they....
Spoiler for preview:
Her hair was changed for OGs and A Portable.
Old 2010-10-18, 18:05   Link #239
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

Is it just me or is the face of the SRX team looks weird? Did they burn too much budget on the mecha battle scene and have no money left for characters? Did Ryusei always have that sideburn? Or is it intentional as Ryusei no longer a kid? He looks alot more a man compare to my impression. I don't spot this problem on the ATX team though.
I also notice the significant drop in art quality in the 3rd episode. Ryuusei at the beginning of episode 1 looks miles better than what we see in episode 3. If anything, just look like at the girls' proportions, especially Aya...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 04:46   Link #240
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

hmm I dont see any problem beside Rai's hair, well at least they're better than this IMO

Tags
mecha, science fiction