AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 18:25   Link #21
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Okie kiddies! Time to preorder SMILE!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KSCL-680

Tracklist:
01. seppun words: hyde || music: ken
02. READY STEADY GO words: hyde || music: tetsu
03. Lover Boy words: ken || music: ken
04. Feeling Fine words: hyde || music: ken
05. Time goes on words: tetsu || music: tetsu
06. Coming Closer words: hyde || music: ken
07. Eien words: hyde || music: hyde
08. REVELATION words: hyde || music: yukihiro
09. hitomi no juunin words: hyde || music: tetsu
10. Spirit dreams inside words: hyde || music: hyde

The limited edition is no longer available for ordering at cdjapan but you can get the regular edition! I forwent the special edition for the regular edition because there is a Janne da Arc single coming out, and I need that extra 1000 yen.

Thank God Yukihiro gets only one song. Man, I don't like him! XP Although, if he had none.... But still, including Spirit Dreams Inside is a ripoff. >.<##
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 17:22   Link #22
Zidane

Im new to l'arc, introduced cause drivers high, and i already really liked spirits dreams inside from when i saw ff . I never realised it was them cause it was in english untill recently. Did they do more fully english songs? Or songs in the trend of drivers high ?
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 14:14   Link #23
goldenthal

Most of the songs are in Japanese.
But I must admit Spirits Dream Inside ain`t bad at all.
goldenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 12:14   Link #24
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Laruku doesn't do many english songs. They'll include english phrases, like most Japanese bands, but they rarely do all english songs.

Now, Hyde, the lead vocalist, on his solo project had all english songs and mostly english, and english/japanese mix. I have a copy of roentgen done entirely in english, although I know it was released in japanese too. His sound is totally different from Laruku though.

Now, I can't promise the english is the best you'll hear (Cape of Storms sounds like a drunken ballad to me... but I still like it. ) but it is better than most of the engrish you'll hear out there. I think he had an english person check his stuff...? He's written some poems in english, and his fluency surprised me, even though he used a wrong verb tense in one.

Now, say the words of love if you wanna kiss me! Love, if you wanna kiss me - Love if you wanna dance with me - then let me be...

^_~.
Old 2004-06-01, 10:23   Link #25
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

[fangirlism]

OMG LURKUU SIGLE ISH TEH BESTEST TING OMG OMG!!!!!!11111

[/fangirlism]

The PV confuses the hell out of me, but I love this song. It owns the SMILE album. *so happy she ordered it*

Yeah, I just had to resurrect this thread to be a fangirl.

Speaking of which, SMILE is going to have a domestic release soon. So all you kiddies who were like, "I can't order stuff" can get it here. Delete those d/l albums! XD
Old 2004-06-01, 20:20   Link #26
Mad_Baka

Send a message via AIM to Mad_Baka
i love L'Arc En Ciel!! i forgot where i first heard them (maybe in GTO or something) but Man they are good

i noe i at least listen to one of their songs everyday since 25% of my mp3 player goes to them lol

have y'all seen this it's the band at some game show then a live performance ^_^
(hope i don't get in trouble for posting this heh)
L'Arc En Ciel
current favorite song is Dune heh

Last edited by Mad_Baka; 2004-06-01 at 20:32.
Mad_Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 00:09   Link #27
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

P'unk~en~ciel - Debut!!!!!

Larger Photo

The above CD single was released yesterday (06/02).

L'Arc~en~Ciel's new single, "Jiyu e no shotai," is coupled with P'UNK~EN~CIEL's debut single, "milky way." First press edition presents 4-color CD label and P'UNK~EN~CIEL card. The CD label of regular edition has the same art but is printed with white ink on shiny CD surface instead.

Hyde rocks and P'UNK~EN~CIEL rocks HARDER. Go for it.

Couldn't you resist Hellychan, could you?

HaRoRuleZ

Old 2004-06-03, 10:27   Link #28
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Hyde rocks and P'UNK~EN~CIEL rocks HARDER. Go for it.
Ooo, I did not like P'unk~en~ciel's single. I don't like Tetsu's voice at all. It sounded fine on some of his solo works, but ... how do I put it... its not whiny enough to be alternative, and its not angry enough to be rock? On his solo works, it was fine because the background drowned out his voice... but when its that prominent... eh, I just don't like it. I hope Tetsu doesn't get all of P'unk~en~ciel's (how would you shorten that? Punku? Punkuru? ) singles. Tetsu, I lovest thee, but thine voice is not my cup of tea!

Come to think of it... I don't really like the song much either... maybe it will grow on me?

+9
Old 2004-06-04, 15:42   Link #29
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ

Larger Photo

Couldn't you resist Hellychan, could you?
OMG! This card is so cute!!! ~( >_< )~
yesasia doesn't have this limited edition anymore! ( I don't even know if it had it because I don't see any limited editon single mentionned in the Laruku's list of CDs ><! )

Lucky you!
Old 2004-06-06, 07:09   Link #30
Kazahaya

After listening to Punk en ciel's Milky Way I have decided to wait for thier next album no matter how much I love Jiyuu e no Shoutai =_="
i don't like jrock, but i love them. imo Hyde's voice is definitely what makes the band unique and stand out from others ^^ (though the Hitomi no Jyuunin single with all the other members siging Ready Steady Go is really cute hehhh)
fave songs: Neo Universe, 4th ave cafe
fave album: Real
Kazahaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 15:25   Link #31
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
I listen to L'arc~en~ciel alot, it's in my playlist and I have L'arc~en~ciel cd's also ordered from Japan ^^
Well favourite songs would Loreley, Honey, Shout at the Devil, Garasu Tama, Milky way, Flower... ah so many good songs
Favourite album is Heart
Baka-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 01:56   Link #32
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
Ooo, I did not like P'unk~en~ciel's single. I don't like Tetsu's voice at all. It sounded fine on some of his solo works, but ... how do I put it... its not whiny enough to be alternative, and its not angry enough to be rock?
Yeah, I thought it was a bit grating myself. Doesn't fit together with the music super well.

Quote:
On his solo works, it was fine because the background drowned out his voice... but when its that prominent... eh, I just don't like it.
LOL! "... it was fine because the background drowned out his voice..." That's hilarious and very honest.

Last edited by LynnieS; 2004-06-07 at 02:06.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 18:13   Link #33
Babak

Their new single; Jiyu e no Shotai is great. Hyde's voice sure is something!
And I have to say that I really liked the re-make (you can call it a remake, right?) of Milky Way. Tetsu voice is good too.

I hope that P'unk~en~Ciel will keep the style they had in this song in the future, because I like it.

EDIT >
I'd also like to ask if there's anyone else that noticed the big difference between Floods of Tears in Dune and the single. Anyone?
Why isn't it the same..?

Last edited by Babak; 2004-06-20 at 20:32.
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 10:04   Link #34
djezus

Hi !

I search the sub of the Smile DVD.
I just want the sub of 'recording part' in english or french.
Someone got it ?

Thx !!
djezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:17   Link #35
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak
EDIT >
I'd also like to ask if there's anyone else that noticed the big difference between Floods of Tears in Dune and the single. Anyone?
Why isn't it the same..?
There's often 'single version' and 'album version' of songs. Sometimes album's version is better, sometimes not.

djezus, trying to find subs for Jpop stuff is like trying to find subs for dramas. Be thankful for what you have, and if you want to understand it, learn Japanese.
Old 2004-06-23, 11:03   Link #36
djezus

I agree with you, Chiaki Nozomi

But in France, we got some teams who translate japan series tv...
So maybe someone makes this sub (because L'Arc~en~Ciel is mythical )

and I don't search the sub of the live song, just the sub of the short documentary (about 20min) ^^

So if someone here got it for me ....

Bye !
djezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 01:41   Link #37
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Please forgive this fangirl burst but -

LARUKU IS GOING TO BE AT OTAKON ON JULY 31~!

Kyaa~ OMG!!

.... And I can't go!!! (T-T) It's on my birthday too! *sob*

Anyone who goes here BETTER

- take pictures (even if they disallow it! Be sneaky~ ^_~.)
- write up a live report
- get their autographs
- grab Hyde's non-existant bum for me! XD Or throw an orange rose onstage...

And have lotsa fun and remember the plight of those who wanted to go but couldn't! *goes off and sulks some more in her pool of self pity*

+11
Old 2004-06-28, 05:41   Link #38
Babak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
LARUKU IS GOING TO BE AT OTAKON ON JULY 31~!
Well, the day they come to europe is the day pigs start to fly..
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 16:34   Link #39
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak
Well, the day they come to europe is the day pigs start to fly..
Yeah unfortunately... ...why? They have a French name, so why aren't they coming here!

*sulks*
Old 2004-07-03, 01:28   Link #40
yukihime
fuyu no bara

Hiii... Laruku fans right here!
fave album : Smile, Real
fave song : depends on the situation. for example, in the morning, to get myself hyped up, i listen to Ready steady Go. in my romantic mood, i listen to Anata or Hitomi no Juunin. Finale is one of my fave too.

Probably the reason why Laruku don't make too many songs in english is becoz their english is terrible... try listen to ken & yukkie's pronounciation... my god...
yukihime is offline   Reply With Quote