AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 10:17   Link #11161
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

^ That was the most hilarious thing I've read all day. You just made my day.
Old 2014-03-05, 16:02   Link #11162
Tiberium Wolf

Kickstarter Fail: John Campbell Burns Comics Rather Than Sending Them To Donors

This is what happens when you finance lunatics that can't grasp what will cost to make "the product" and deliver it to the investors. Since Kickstart is a gamble and if you dont have info about the ppl doing is purely a shot in the dark.

See this line:
"After shipping costs, I “lost money” on most of the books I sold at the $25 level so..."
Old 2014-03-05, 17:26   Link #11163
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Kickstarter Fail: John Campbell Burns Comics Rather Than Sending Them To Donors

This is what happens when you finance lunatics that can't grasp what will cost to make "the product" and deliver it to the investors. Since Kickstart is a gamble and if you dont have info about the ppl doing is purely a shot in the dark.

See this line:
"After shipping costs, I “lost money” on most of the books I sold at the $25 level so..."
"a fool and his money are soon parted"

why people give money away in these funding scams is beyond me. Especially when if the idea works the guy you funded becomes a millionaires/billionaires and all you get is a lousy t-shirt.
Old 2014-03-05, 20:33   Link #11164
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Third-Graders Caught Smoking Pot in School Bathroom
Quote:
Three third-graders were caught smoking marijuana in the boys' bathroom of their northern California elementary school last week in what the local police chief says marked the youngest pot bust he has ever encountered.

The three boys — two 8-year-olds and one 9-year-old — were caught last Thursday by another student, who informed school administrators, who in turn alerted local law enforcement, said Sonora Police Chief Mark Stinson.
Source: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...athroom-n45431
comments: smoking weeds @ that age already? I wonder where they get them weeds from.
Old 2014-03-06, 05:09   Link #11165
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Third-Graders Caught Smoking Pot in School Bathroom

Source: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...athroom-n45431
comments: smoking weeds @ that age already? I wonder where they get them weeds from.
Older brothers/sisters who legally bought it?
Old 2014-03-06, 05:41   Link #11166
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Older brothers/sisters who legally bought it?
And willingly gave it to their 8/9 year old sibling? To give pot(not for medical purposes) to a child..honestly..that would just be disgusting. I think what's more likely is carelessness. The owner left it lying around and one of the kids got curious which is what led to this situation.

Last edited by Libros; 2014-03-06 at 06:51.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 06:48   Link #11167
Tiberium Wolf

Massachusetts court says 'upskirt' photos are legal

LOL... I can stop having LOL from all the wording used there like:

"A female passenger on a MBTA trolley who is wearing a skirt, dress, or the like covering these parts of her body is not a person who is 'partially nude,' no matter what is or is not underneath the skirt by way of underwear or other clothing," wrote Justice Margot Botsford of the state Supreme Judicial Court.

"In sum, we interpret the phrase, 'a person who is ... partially nude' in the same way that the defendant does, namely, to mean a person who is partially clothed but who has one or more of the private parts of body exposed in plain view at the time that the putative defendant secretly photographs her," the high court ruled.

But Robertson's lawyers argued that the female passenger on the trolley was not "nude or partially nude" and was not in a place where she had a reasonable expectation of privacy, according to court documents.
Old 2014-03-06, 08:39   Link #11168
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Malaysia bans Ultraman comic
Quote:
Kuala Lumpur (March 6, Thu): Malaysia's Home Ministry has done what countless monsters and space aliens could not: Vanquish Ultraman.

According to a report by national news agency Bernama, the ministry issued a ban on the publication of the Malay-language edition of the comic book, Ultraman the Ultra Power, for allegedly containing elements detrimental to public order.

It is unclear what aspect of the comic led to the ban.

Ultraman is a fictional Japanese superhero who fights "Kaiju" (monsters), and first appeared on television in the 1960s.

It later gained popularity worldwide, including in Malaysia, leading to localised versions of the TV series and comic books.

THE MALAY MAIL ONLINE
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 10:48   Link #11169
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-06-09-53-06
Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- A few weeks after her foray into the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, Barbie is entangled in controversy again, this time over her ties with the Girl Scouts.

"Holding Barbie, the quintessential fashion doll, up as a role model for Girl Scouts simultaneously sexualizes young girls, idealizes an impossible body type, and undermines the Girl Scouts' vital mission to build `girls of courage, confidence and character,'" said Susan Linn, director of the Boston-based commercial-free childhood organization.
Old 2014-03-07, 12:48   Link #11170
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Australian man selling 'luscious and captivating' beard for $1M
Quote:
This beard is one of the most valuable fields of facial follicles known to man. Not only is it a luscious and captivating neck-mane of rich mahogany and buoyant masculinity, an artwork within itself, this beard has (and will continue to) save countless amounts of lives.
[...]
As the new owner, you may have the beard shaved by a an expert team of taxidermists, art restorers and forensic scientists. Painstakingly reconstructed and mounted within a framed glass case. Or, you may choose to have it remain on the host, and use it (within limits) as you see fit.

This is a rare and momentous opportunity to own the world’s first #milliondollarbeard, and support a movement which encourages people to have their skin checked for melanoma and enjoy the sun a whole lot smarter.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/million-dollar...6838.html?vp=1
comments: his beard is too pricey for me, but if you have a million to down and love to own his beard, be my guest.
Old 2014-03-08, 03:57   Link #11171
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Inventor of the Cronut Has Another Brilliant Idea

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-shot/6157151/

Quote:
Quote:
Dominique Ansel, creator of decadent dreams and purveyor of swoon-worthy -- and hours-long-wait-in-line-worthy -- dessert concoctions, is at it again. He's created the Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shot.

And soon it will be unleashed upon the public!

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shot will be unveiled for gleeful human consumption Sunday at the SXSW Allison+Partners event, but "we have plans to roll then our in NY soon! Stay tuned!" says a Dominique Ansel Bakery spokesperson in an email.
We've reached the pinnacle of humanity's existence. Its all down hill from here.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 13:48   Link #11172
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

There's some more context here
. Apparently the "offending" book compared the character Ultraman King to Allah. I just... why?

I am kind of embarassed of being Malaysian right now. And a little worried since I really love Ultraman, although I assume there's little chance there'd be a widespread ban of all Ultraman-related media.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 16:09   Link #11173
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post

There's some more context here
. Apparently the "offending" book compared the character Ultraman King to Allah. I just... why?

I am kind of embarassed of being Malaysian right now. And a little worried since I really love Ultraman, although I assume there's little chance there'd be a widespread ban of all Ultraman-related media.
There is still the internet.

Cmon, I still get to read this.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 21:52   Link #11174
JokerD

Man arrested after driving through Woodlands Checkpoint barrier

Another breach of the land border (previous one was last month) And the reason I'm posting this here is:

*sigh*
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:06   Link #11175
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Lol...so the barrier actually worked
Old 2014-03-08, 22:46   Link #11176
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What? I thought they bought the tire-slashers one? Why is it only the pop-up plate one?

WHERE HAS MY MONEY GONE.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-03-08, 23:55   Link #11177
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
For all of 10 seconds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What? I thought they bought the tire-slashers one? Why is it only the pop-up plate one?

WHERE HAS MY MONEY GONE.
I think that was the passport clearance area, this looks like the customs area...

Correction, it got 1 tire, but he drove over it anyway
Crash barrier failed to stop man who dashed through Woodlands Checkpoint

Should have just smashed the window and pull the guy out.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 01:16   Link #11178
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Should have just smashed the window and pull the guy out.
Not existent in police protocol. Military only.

The latter protocol is, "When he is stopped and refused to come out, put 100 MG rounds into him, 20 cents each only." The former protocol avoids this sort of collateral damage, so they minimise casualties to avoid backlash from the lawbreaker and public, who view them to be more merciful and followers of the rule of law they enforce.

The APO who drew the baton did the right thing. Ready stance while his colleague encourages the driver to come out. That is SOP; as only half-policemen they cannot make decisions themselves, and the driver did not pose an immediate or significant threat as the barrier is up and stopped him.

It was not known that the barrier is another cheapo product though. Should have bought the Israeli/American ones.

EDIT :

Sochi Hotel Guests Complain About Topless Portraits of Putin in Rooms

Quote:
SOCHI (The Borowitz Report)—With the Olympics underway, hundreds of visitors to Sochi are complaining that they checked into expensive hotel rooms only to find them decorated with seminude portraits of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The portraits, showing Mr. Putin shirtless and riding a variety of mammals, adorn the walls of virtually every hotel room constructed especially for the Olympics and were created at a cost of over two million dollars, Olympic officials said.

Tracy Klugian, who travelled from Ohio with his wife to attend the Sochi Games, said that he was appalled to find his hotel room dominated by a gigantic portrait of a shirtless Putin riding what appears to be a bear.

Said Mr. Klugian, “I did not travel thousands of miles just to be grossed out.”

For his part, President Putin has been dismissive of the complaints, today calling the hotel guests “babies who cry.”

“These people who are complaining about what is on their walls should be grateful,” he said. “At least they got one of the hotel rooms with walls.”

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2014-03-09 at 02:25.
Old 2014-03-09, 02:34   Link #11179
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
For all of 10 seconds...
Should have just batoned the windows and grabbed the guy...

I mean windows are not that ex to replace too..
Old 2014-03-09, 15:44   Link #11180
Tiberium Wolf

Speed trap city accused of corruption, threatened with extinction

Be warned that the article is long. It's corruption at it's best.

Anyway I lol a lot but this one in particular:

" The city doesn't pay its bills on time, if it pays them at all, the audit says. It doesn't balance the checkbook or withhold employee payroll taxes or hold elections when it should. It doesn't maintain insurance on city vehicles. Record-keeping is hit or miss. The auditors were told that the records they sought were destroyed by an accident or in a flood. The water meter readings? Those were "lost in the swamp." "

Stockwell fire blamed on bird carrying lit cigarette

So now do we need to find the bird and lock it up?

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2014-03-09 at 16:23.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor