AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-05, 08:44   Link #1
cute_jay

crayon shinchan

hey guys..... can i know which fan-sub grp subbed the anime crayon shinchan or can i know where can i download them?
cute_jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 08:57   Link #2
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Shin-chan! O_O

has it even been subbed is the question... ?
it's really long, I know that ^^;
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 15:48   Link #3
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Shin-chan! O_O

has it even been subbed is the question... ?
it's really long, I know that ^^;
As far as I know, only a few movies have been subbed (traditional, ie, tape fansubs). But the series was shown subbed in Hawaii and tapes recorded from TV have circulated in the past. It would be something interesting for some group to take. It's obvious that is virtually impossible to sub all episodes, but as it's an episodic series (meaning there's no big story going on), it wouldn't really make a difference if everything wasn't subbed
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 01:34   Link #4
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Crayon Shinchan' parents' most scorned TV show

'Crayon Shinchan' parents' most loathed TV show 'sez the Mainichi Daily News.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/archi...dm008002c.html

hahaha... i like this anime. Its a very funny anime. I watched the TV series months ago (in dub) and i was roaring with laughter specially because of Shinchans antics.
I guess parents doesn't share my feelings for this show.

Sorta' like The Simpsons back then
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 02:00   Link #5
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

for a country that puts out some of the bizarre concepts for television/comics/etc. (Midori no Hibi, "Yatta!" singers, Arnold Schwarzeneggar advertising an energy drink, etc. anyone? ) the populous sure does like some rather boring shows...i can't think of any parent around where i live that would willingly subject their child to a series of documentries...or any kids that would pick a quiz show over Spongebob, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, or Power Rangers...maybe that just reflects how different the two cultures are
"Dobutsu Kiso Tengai", a variety show about animals, didn't surprise me...what kid doesn't like animals? I know i loved em

Anyway back to Crayon Shin-chan: If you don't want your kid to watch it, then don't let them. The same thing happened with Ren and Stimpy, i know my mom didn't let me watch that (she also didn't let me watch Rugrats for about a year because "that one girl was too mean")
oh and it's a bit different than the simpsons situation: The Simpsons is aired before and after regular sitcoms like Seinfeld, That '70s Show, King of the Hill, Oliver Beene, and other fox shows.
besides, most american TV watchers know that anything and everything fox produces is like a stab at how far you can go at things (New fox special! When Animals Attack XXIV!)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 02:52   Link #6
hentai_wolf
Vivisectionist VI

People often claim that Japan is somehow more "enlightened" because they seem to allow a lot more on television than their Western counterparts. However, I still think it's not because of any actual difference in morals, but rather just because the parent groups in the US are just more vocal in getting their way.
hentai_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 03:20   Link #7
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
About Crayon Shin-Chan and what I remember about the comics serializations and single-issues back in the early 90's Taiwan--The comics and the subsequent animated series caused an uproar in the tiny island with parents and politicians going ape-shit, American WWJD soccor-moms style. I was still in grade-school, luckily my parents were a bit more liberal with my upbringing and I was allowed to be exposed to the social satire that is Shin-Chan. I laughed so hard at Shin-chan's sneering and disobedient remarks at the adults in his life and I was just as confused at the numerous "wrestling" events taking place at night... I was, after all, still young.
It's my understanding that the U.K. has managed to air Shin-chan on the local FOX network. My guess, it'll never make it state-side, at least on air. For one, Shin-chan's trademark "elephant" dance will never make it pass the censors--something I wonder how the Brits handled it. Disobedience in children is nothing new in the U.S. but from what I can remember, that was the biggest problem the parents and policians in Taiwan had with Crayon Shin-Chan; the boy-nudity and sexually-suggestive themes were, as far as I can remember, secondary. Different cultures I suppose, where the Asian parents stressed (often absolute) obedience in their children, I can imagine now, if this show ever happen to slip through the cracks and make it onto U.S. airwaves--the hype over the sex-based satire(wrestling, etc.) will completely obscure the disobedience issue.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 10:17   Link #8
Merk

I'm from the UK. On the subject fo how Shinchan managed it. I think with a lot of editing/censorship. I've never seen the original, but the version shown on foxkids is full of kiddy humour, obvious cuts and painful american popculture refrences. It does push whats allowed for a kids show, but its probably not nearly as bad as in the original version.

The theme song says it all "Hey hey, Shin Chan/He's the kid with an attitude!"
Merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 11:07   Link #9
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk
I'm from the UK. On the subject fo how Shinchan managed it. I think with a lot of editing/censorship. I've never seen the original, but the version shown on foxkids is full of kiddy humour, obvious cuts and painful american popculture refrences. It does push whats allowed for a kids show, but its probably not nearly as bad as in the original version.

The theme song says it all "Hey hey, Shin Chan/He's the kid with an attitude!"
Yeah, they cut out that elephant dance I read in the manga. Shin still hits on his teacher though, much to her annoyance. And there's still lots of toilet humor.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 21:51   Link #10
amateras

it'd be nice if some group takes up this project because to me, it's the best anime out there for as long as I can remember..

there used to be manga of this anime in vietnamese and I enjoyed every single episode...

it's better than "the simpsons" so u get an idea...something I'd read when I wanna feel relaxed and happy..
amateras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 23:22   Link #11
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
AnimeCoalition subbed one of the movies and did an excellent job

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 00:54   Link #12
Jeebs
Ooga Booga

Send a message via AIM to Jeebs
fond memories, i use to watch this in japanese on the international channel without subs and i still laughed a lot.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 05:23   Link #13
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

they show this on Fox Kids, ok, so they probably change alot, but it's still fun to watch
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 05:58   Link #14
Blaat

Isn't it licensed? Its on tv over here.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 11:50   Link #15
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
I've tried numerous times, but Shinchan's awesome gibberish proved to be too hard for the translators to do. lol
Uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 17:26   Link #16
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

It's on TV (dubbed) in the UK, so I presume it's licensed here, dunno about other countries.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 23:39   Link #17
I love waffles!

It is now airing on Adult swim.
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 01:29   Link #18
ChiPsiUpsilon

Adult Swim? Really? o.O Do you guys think Shin-chan is adult swim material though?

I mean, some of the jokes might be a bit crude, but I always thought of Shin-chan as a children's show. At least, I watched it when I was a kid.
ChiPsiUpsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 04:11   Link #19
Sakuya
*Artist

They changed the dialogue to be even MORE crude. I'd rather watch the subs . I would really love to see the new seasons.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 15:43   Link #20
errorrrr

if you understand chinese your best bet is to either get the chinese (cantonese or mandarin) dub for this or chinese sub for this... there are tons of chinese shin-chan material on chinese sites. the chinese is very good imo. I've watched both japanese and chinese and the chinese dub seems to be able to capture his weirdness and crudness of speech very well.

about the new seasons... days ago i downloaded one of their 15 year aniversary episodes... pretty well done with original VAs XD~~~ after 15 years shine chan still hasn't lost any of his charm <3

btw, I have to say Adultswim's english dub version does no justice for this great series.
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote