AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 05:20   Link #2541
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
17th century when Ben Franklin made his lightning experiment.

Scub bursts are considered natural disasters until recently.

AO world's history despite running parallel mostly to real history has significant differences due to bursts. That the population is around 3.5 billion not 7 billion.

Interestingly Johannson's book seems to be AO version of the Myth of Ageha in Pocketful of Rainbows. The Myth of Ageha describes Renton and Eureka's story in Eureka 7. Johannson's book describes the world before the Scub's arrival.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I'm excited though I do have doubts that it well end well. As for Ao's older sister, Naru has her own family, and Elena is from the past. If we are still assuming Eureka gave birth to her in this world, the only viable options left are Maggie and Fleur.
Yeah, I'm still looking forward to the finale as well.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 05:24   Link #2542
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wait, was episode 22 the last episode? The ending credits gave me that vibe. Man, I hope that this series continues, especially now that things are finally starting to make some sense.

Though I have thought it was weird how there's been ABSOLUTELY ZERO mention of Coralians the entire series, despite Ao being half, and the Coral Carriers being kind-of turned into them (my theory is the Scub Coral is attempting to turn humans into Coralians, but is failing and thus killing them).

I still like this series so far, but I'm still vague on the purpose of Elena as a character. She doesn't seem to do anything apart from fulfilling the role of "oh, here's a person that kinda indirectly knows Eureka". That, and being a potential member of Ao's future harem.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:29   Link #2543
miketyson

There's not *zero* mentions of them, there's maybe 2 mentions or so. Once when Eureka's talking to Hannah on the Gekko and then once when Naru talks with Ao in that episode she first starts wearing her new ear-horn-headband. Other than that "coralian" just isn't a thing in AO the way it was in the original.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 12:21   Link #2544
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wait, was episode 22 the last episode? The ending credits gave me that vibe. Man, I hope that this series continues, especially now that things are finally starting to make some sense.
The last two air in November.
Old 2012-10-06, 14:51   Link #2545
Marower

It's a really special feeling when you enjoy an OVA about

Spoiler:

more than the actual series.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 16:07   Link #2546
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Watched the 22nd episode, though it's the end for the TV series the conclusion has yet to be reached.

Surprises and revelations were unlocked heralding unexpected twists and a saddening truth.

Spoiler:

And, just like Ao I simply couldn't make of Truth at the end. Implications twistedly suggest that Ao was forced to shoot the Quartz Gun, and thus rewriting the timeline again, and whether I want to believe if that in did happen then is uncertain if the timeline became worse or improved upon.
That's if Ao truly shooted the Quartz Gun.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 19:42   Link #2547
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Watched the 22nd episode, though it's the end for the TV series the conclusion has yet to be reached.
It's not the end, not for another two episodes.

Quote:
The issues returned back with the Scub Coral, which according to Ao's timeline they would end up consuming all of Earth.
No, they're not going to consume the Earth. They are going to consume whatever poor fool happens to be infected with it if Truth gets close, though.

Quote:
And, just like Ao I simply couldn't make of Truth at the end. Implications twistedly suggest that Ao was forced to shoot the Quartz Gun, and thus rewriting the timeline again, and whether I want to believe if that in did happen then is uncertain if the timeline became worse or improved upon.
That's if Ao truly shooted the Quartz Gun.
He hasn't done anything yet.
Old 2012-10-07, 07:00   Link #2548
ookamigirl

This was a pretty LOL OVA.
Especially Ao as a girl part ^^
Well, Ao did want to be part of the PR team LOL
It totally backfired on him though.
Think he'll be careful what he wishes for in the future!
The snowman Secret kinda saved this OVA from being all girly.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:59   Link #2549
Kurohane

Isn't it scary how much he looks like her? Lol, Elena was hilarious. I appreciated the Soul Eater and Ranma 1/2 references. Also, is it bad that I support Ao x Fleur after watching this?
Old 2012-10-08, 22:15   Link #2550
bigdeath

Its shame we have to wait about 2 months since this looks to be leading to an exciting conclusion.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:24   Link #2551
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just watched episode 22. So wait am I too understand that everything they've been saying for the last 8 or so episodes is in fact not even true at all regarding pretty much every major cast member in the show. I don't even know what to say about this show anymore really, they might as well just come out and say they've been yanking us around this whole time and that there are no consistent rules as to the true nature of this universe. The only thing left to see is if they are finally going to commit to this version of the show for the last couple of episodes or are we going to see another 180 and/or totally different direction one last time for the finale. At this rate I would almost see it as a disappointment considering that's what this show has basically become about and what I expect from it.

Sigh....I think Naru basically summed up this show in two particular instances in her conversation with Ao. One was that little nod she gave after her exposition on the apparent True true true TRUE version of Za Truthu, as if to say, "no really honest to go this is the REAL deal, I mean it this time, don't you believe me?" and the other was to take those ear accessories off, which right now I can almost guarantee up until this episode were absolutely meant to be a sign that she had morphed into a different being, but now obviously if they are going to pair her up with Ao again instead of what they were planning to replace the original plan for her character, but are now I guess reverting to would have to be conveniently disposed of. So there you go, it's just a fetish thing or at whatever, she never actually responds directly to Ao as to why the heck she was wearing them....again probably because up until this episode they were real. Good grief.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 03:43   Link #2552
konart

Latest art from Yoshida:

Spoiler for I'm being trolled:
Old 2012-10-17, 00:33   Link #2553
Justin_Brett

There's no need to stoop THAT far, Anemone.

You know the worst thing about what they've done with Naru? We're probably not going to get that twin Nirvash fight the opening implied, and if it happens it'll definitely be rushed. I'd much rather have seen that than more Truth.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 17:20   Link #2554
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

i have this feeling that we're going to see both Renton and Ao in the original Nirvash using the amita drive to bring Eureka back.

Truth can't be beat without a arch type (from what Naru said) the Nirvash Renton is piloting seems to be a fully mechanical one. we already know the mark one is fully mechanical aswell.

thoughts?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 20:26   Link #2555
Loaded Soda
"...goddamnit, Eureka."

That will be one bad ass scene.
Loaded Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 13:07   Link #2556
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
thoughts?
I'd like to find whoever thought that a 2 month break between eps 22 and 23 was a good idea and kick them right in the <censored>.

Honestly, how do they expect to maintain viewer interest in the story line doing something so stupid.
Old 2012-10-20, 15:18   Link #2557
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I'd like to find whoever thought that a 2 month break between eps 22 and 23 was a good idea and kick them right in the <censored>.

Honestly, how do they expect to maintain viewer interest in the story line doing something so stupid.
They did this due to olympics. It's a miracle we are getting those episodes before the DVD\BD release
Old 2012-10-20, 15:25   Link #2558
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
what , i thought 23 /24 would be epic oav quality animation

This series will never be saved then
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 12:20   Link #2559
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They did this due to olympics. It's a miracle we are getting those episodes before the DVD\BD release
That makes no sense. The Olympics ended over a month ago, why would they delay E7AO for two months after they ended?
Old 2012-10-21, 12:26   Link #2560
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
That makes no sense. The Olympics ended over a month ago, why would they delay E7AO for two months after they ended?
I bet they're using the time to try to figure out some way to resolve this mess in less than 60 minutes. Personally I don't think it can be done in any way that gives any degree of closure to all the cast members, the plot line and ties it together in a satisfactory way to the originals storyline. They just plain wasted way too much time with story arcs that went nowhere or simply resulted in an immediate return to the status quo and/or net zero development for anyone other than Ao and in some cases even for him.

IMO it was already too late regardless of whether we got the last couple episodes on time or in a delayed fashion as the ship has kind of already sailed on what is certain to be a very disappointing and unsatisfying conclusion to a pretty disappointing and unsatisfying sequel to Eureka Seven, but I guess we'll see shortly what they manage to come up with.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen