AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-02, 02:40   Link #81
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Is it just me or those anyone els think that Yagi has a bunch of nude models posing for him. His art looks so realistic from all the different angles, not to mention his obsession with naked women.

I also think he watched the Avatar movie to many times.
Old 2010-07-02, 02:48   Link #82
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I also think he watched the Avatar movie to many times.

...what?
Old 2010-07-02, 02:57   Link #83
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alovelyburn View Post
...what?
We had soul-link before Avatar came out, but now we have Clare controlling her own Avatar.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:00   Link #84
evil_kenshin

Quote:
We had soul-link before Avatar came out, but now we have Clare controlling her own Avatar.
merging with another being (and soul link) are not exactly original ideas even existed before avatar.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:02   Link #85
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
merging with another being (and soul link) are not exactly original ideas even existed before avatar.
For example James Cameron is a big Ghost in the Shell fan and that series has tons of mergings and mind linkings.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:15   Link #86
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
For example James Cameron is a big Ghost in the Shell fan and that series has tons of mergings and mind linkings.
Let me just put it this way, this was unexpected before the last two chapters.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:19   Link #87
MalakTawus

Quote:
Claire waited her whole life to kill Priscilla and failed miserably just now; she had her face planted on the ground by her foot....for all we know, she could have let Raciella take her simply because she had given up, and just wants to end it all. If she can't kill Priscilla, then what else is she supposed to do with herself?
No,this is just wrong.
It would make sense to give up if Claire failed miserably using her full powers,but we know (and she knows too) that's not the case since for some mysterious reason she couldn't awaken.
She knows that something strange happened to her,so for someone with that resolve to kill Prissy it's impossible to give up in this situation.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:20   Link #88
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Let me just put it this way, this was unexpected before the last two chapters.
to me the idea of Clare merging with the destroyer as her next powerup seemed likely after the previous time she merged with the destroyer (though slightly different).

Claymore is not that different in nature to Berserk where things happen quiet randomly but at the same time when it happens its not to surprising.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:38   Link #89
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

What? Another chapter? Didn't the series end with 104? Riful looked pretty much the way Clare did. Having similar manifestations of injuries, why does Clare get to buck the trend of dying? I'm so confused. This manga sucks.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:40   Link #90
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
What? Another chapter? Didn't the series end with 104? Riful looked pretty much the way Clare did. Having similar manifestations of injuries, why does Clare get to buck the trend of dying? I'm so confused. This manga sucks.
then your free to stop reading no one is forcing you to read this series
Old 2010-07-02, 03:47   Link #91
MalakTawus

Quote:
If you can't see the difference in their situation you are really slow.
Anyway i too sugest you to stop reading Claymore if you don't like it, it's not that difficult.
Old 2010-07-02, 03:57   Link #92
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Like Riful would have survived the series... She's a AB and they all have to die. There's no cure only prevention.

Spoiler for For Riful Fans:
Old 2010-07-02, 04:58   Link #93
vampu

Am I the only one who thought the middle face looked like Sophia? I was certain the second i saw the image...
Old 2010-07-02, 05:14   Link #94
MalakTawus

Anyway there is a development that made me really happy in this chapter: Deneve and Helen are out of danger!!!!
To be honest i thought that they wouldn't survive this......it's great to be wrong sometimes!!!
Old 2010-07-02, 05:31   Link #95
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Anyway there is a development that made me really happy in this chapter: Deneve and Helen are out of danger!!!!
To be honest i thought that they wouldn't survive this......it's great to be wrong sometimes!!!
while I agree that I'm glad Helen is out of danger , Deneve i'm not really agreeing with.

Yuma and Cynthia were in bad shape before Dietrich got involved then they would of presumably fought the survivors of the AF vs hellcats fight yet still they had enough yoki to align and save Deneve from awakening (considering when we first saw them their shock reaction meant they had only just finished killing the survivors thus no rest)

considering cynthia and yuma's reaction to the time beth was hit yet the exact same thing was happening to deneve and they managed it seems like an excuse to keep her around.

Deneve was in alot worse shape than Beth was at the time (both in terms of the infection and the state of her body) so i'm kinda disappointed in that regards that Deneve survived since its just a plot shield effectively.
Old 2010-07-02, 05:44   Link #96
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

SO what are we going to call her? I go for just Clare the Destroyer. It would be hard combining three names.
And were the heck is Miria?
Old 2010-07-02, 06:12   Link #97
MalakTawus

Quote:
while I agree that I'm glad Helen is out of danger , Deneve i'm not really agreeing with.

Yuma and Cynthia were in bad shape before Dietrich got involved then they would of presumably fought the survivors of the AF vs hellcats fight yet still they had enough yoki to align and save Deneve from awakening (considering when we first saw them their shock reaction meant they had only just finished killing the survivors thus no rest)

considering cynthia and yuma's reaction to the time beth was hit yet the exact same thing was happening to deneve and they managed it seems like an excuse to keep her around.

Deneve was in alot worse shape than Beth was at the time (both in terms of the infection and the state of her body) so i'm kinda disappointed in that regards that Deneve survived since its just a plot shield effectively.
I don't agree at all.What are you talking about?
Beth and Deneve were in a completely different situation.I don't understand how can you even compare the two,Deneve isn't even infected (and she doesn't even have a huge pole sucking her life energy).Her arm was like that only 'cause she couldn't regen anymore,it's not infected.
And btw it was Deneve herself that said clearly that even if she'll take some time to recover her yoki, her life isn't in danger.
The only danger for them atm is Priscilla,but it seems that she's quite busy.....

Quote:
SO what are we going to call her? I go for just Clare the Destroyer.
I agree, CtD sounds good to me.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:14   Link #98
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I don't agree at all.What are you talking about?
Beth and Deneve were in a completely different situation.I don't understand how can you even compare the two,Deneve isn't even infected (and she doesn't even have a huge pole sucking her life energy).Her arm was like that only 'cause she couldn't regen anymore,it's not infected.
And btw it was Deneve herself that said clearly that even if she'll take some time to recover her yoki, her life isn't in danger.
The only danger for them atm is Priscilla,but it seems that she's quite busy.....
then how come she was about to awaken this chapter if she wasn't infected?

She had the exact same effects as Beth did (the rising of yoki, the lines on the skin)
Old 2010-07-02, 06:19   Link #99
Battler-kun

It was so clear what will happen in this chapter.
Pretty easy to predict that Clare would fuse with that thing in order to defeat Priscilla.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:35   Link #100
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for For Riful Fans:

Aaah, careful there my friend ... thin ice you're on ... I might refuse to praise your artwork input for a couple of days if you keep up that noodle stuff
Seriously... as a more or less Riful fan... I had a good laugh out of it

Also, welcome bunk0

Nice discussion goin on. Ah this is fun. Merging and it's consequences seems to be the prime topic at hand. I suppose it is gonna result in the most ridicolous powerup for Clare we have seen in some time.

Knowing Yagi this might go many ways though ... merging her with Raciella/Luciella might open the door for him to circumvent the "cliche" (as some see it) merging with the Teresa part inside her that some expect as a necessity for her to be able to handle Prissy. ... merging with the Destroyer might also turn out to be a step towards her fully understanding her Teresa part if she learns something from the experience... whether she then rly further merges with it or not.

As for who is gonna be in control in the end. Hard to say at this point, this too branches of into so many beautiful possibilities:

Imho, Clare being in full control, with the Destroyer as a kind of puppet/avatar she can freely control at a whim would put her on a totally insane level ... which would come with some problems for the storyline of her development imho ...

So far she was always on a road of powerup that seemed to have open end ... this would feel like the end of the ladder ... and yet even from there it might go various ways ...

If she rly controls the Destroyer ... that might lead us to the Dragonkin storyline where new powerfull enemies appear that yet again dwarf her power ...thus taking her down again from her superpowerd pedestal ...

It might also open up an interesting plotline revolving on how Clare went "to far" in taking other peoples powers into herself in order to further her goals of revenge and protecting others...and has crossed the point of now return ... which would make for a rather tragic part of the story possibly leading to our heroines inevitable death, maybe even suicide.

Being fully merged and in control of the Destroyer would also appear to be a powerup that is hard to get rid of again. With the "Queens of Blade" mode 4 limb awakening Yagi came up with Jean's mental "wedge" as a plot means to set limits on that powerup ... I think it would be much harder to find plaussible restraints on her Destroyer powers if she does get them to the full ....

On the matter of Prissy's survival... I dare say that IF Clare gets full control the odds for Prissy drop ... low.. very low ... whoseever heads that are in the black swirl in Prissy's back... it is clearly suggested her past is catching up with her rapidly and menacingly ... on the other hand, as Shieky duely noted, Yagi made a point to show that Prissy could be worse ... she still is showing astonishing restraint despite her "normal level" of SuperAB brutality

Now if CLare is not fully merged, or can not totally control the Destroyer ...that would highten Prissy's chances of survival first of all ... it might be used to make this fight turn out into a draw, with neither of them being able to totally defeat the other ...I'd be open towards that one btw ..since so far that would be a novum if memory serves right ... two of the most powerful and important characters facing of in the final showdown ...and both having to admit they cannot kill the other cause they simply are totally even matched ...that might be fun

Other thoughts on incomplete mergin and control: Teresa might come in here, too: ... maybe in the end Teresa will not be "yet another" powerup ...maybe Teresa will be the part that yet again saves Clare, allowing her to keep her sanity during her time inside the Destroyer, maybe even giving her a way out. This might turn out slightly cheesy though, dunno ...

If Clare does not have full control might also mean we see more action on part of other ghosts maybe still showing up soon ... though even at a later stage in the Prissy/Clare/Destroyer skirmish I don't see anyone else, not even Miria or Galatea or Miata in a position to seriously tipp the balance in this ... they might come in to save some allies though.

Speaking of allies ... dunno if we can call Dietrich one at this point but I sure am glad Yagi remembered her and is continuing the line of her rather unique and weird moral code compelling her to help despite indicating she might not yet rly share the ghost's viewpoint and goals. BTW ... Hooray for Helen's "HEY SHORTY" ...I was totally lmao

I am a bit dispointed that there is not even the shortest switch to what the heck is going on with Raki ... I still suspect he might play a part in the final resolution between Prissy and Clare ... though atm it seems unlikely he will be in a position to influence this current encounter of the two ...

I also rly wanna know what's going on with Miria Galatea and the rest ... though I can understand that as it is this might overcomplicate things and might be left unresolved until this momentous clash comes to and end ...or pause in one way or another.

btw., since Galatea could sense Alicia and Beth moving so well ...she should have a verritable headache or some pain in her inner godeye right now from what is goin on with Clare, Prissy and the Destroyer

While this chapters events are not entirely uncalled for after the last one ... and I can relate to people who even call them rather "predictable" for someone of Yagi's level of plottwistyness - I do not at all feel dissapointed with this ... I have a feeling that Yagi once again is using this action heavy sequence to construct multiple branches for more indepth character and plot that is coming in the aftermath.

well... that's about all comin to mind so far