1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-07, 02:11   Link #961
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched this episode.

Wow, R2 has FINALLY kicked it up a notch. This was a great episode. I'm just surprised not a single one of you realized the most important implications of Jeremiah defecting to Lelouch's side.....

He's "Orange-kun" for real this time.

And for those calling for Rolo's blood...you guys are being merciful. There's a worse fate for Rolo if Lulu can think of it; the latter can make Rolo's life hell with the "Obey Me Forever" Geass, especially with Orange to back him up now.

Great stuff.
Actually I laughed when he called him 'Orange' again, because I realized that his headpiece was ORANGE in that scene.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:12   Link #962
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I used to call him "jiji", but not anymore. Orange-sama is worthy!
Old 2008-07-07, 02:13   Link #963
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Watched this episode.

Wow, R2 has FINALLY kicked it up a notch. This was a great episode. I'm just surprised not a single one of you realized the most important implications of Jeremiah defecting to Lelouch's side.....

And for those calling for Rolo's blood...you guys are being merciful. There's a worse fate for Rolo if Lulu can think of it; the latter can make Rolo's life hell with the "Obey Me Forever" Geass, especially with Orange to back him up now.

Great stuff.
Oh I have no doubt when Lelouch finds out it will be more than a simple killing. Lelouch is damn smart and he can easily come up with a very cruel way to break Rollo. Mess with the people Lelouch cares about and it won't be a pretty end for you. I'm just wondering how and when Lelouch will find this out. After all Shirley never got around to saying much to him about the cause of her death.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:14   Link #964
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Oh I have no doubt when Lelouch finds out it will be more than a simple killing. Lelouch is damn smart and he can easily come up with a very cruel way to break Rollo. Mess with the people Lelouch cares about and it won't be a pretty end for you. I'm just wondering how and when Lelouch will find this out. After all Shirley never got around to saying much to him about the cause of her death.
She probably doesn't even know what hit her. Which I think makes it so much more heart wrenching... Not even knowing why you are dieing in a pool of your own blood like that...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:18   Link #965
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
She probably doesn't even know what hit her. Which I think makes it so much more heart wrenching... Not even knowing why you are dieing in a pool of your own blood like that...
Not to mention that the puddle was really big. Even Euphie didn't bleed that much.. or did she?
Old 2008-07-07, 02:21   Link #966
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Not to mention that the puddle was really big. Even Euphie didn't bleed that much.. or did she?
Look at Suzaku's shirt man... Yeah, Euphie was bleeding a lot... Of course, Lelouch might have made things a little worse with that "live" command of his... Probably made the blood pump out of Shirley faster...
Old 2008-07-07, 02:21   Link #967
ptoss1
Banned

Quote:
Watched this episode.

Great stuff.
some people think rolo couldn't have killed shirley because of the gun wound, but couldnt have rolo grabbed the gun out of shirleys hand and shot her and then put it back in her hand. this way, it would look like she suicided
ptoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:23   Link #968
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Yeah that's definitely a terrible way to go. All you know is that your time is up and you can do nothing but lay there. She wouldn't need to know that Rollo did it. Just mentioning she was talking to Rollo and then was down would've been enough for Lelouch to act on. After all he knew Rollo was on his way, but never saw him during this whole event. Unless Rollo confesses going to be hard for Lelouch to immediately suspect him.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:24   Link #969
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Most of the blood on Euphy was the blood of those who she had slain. Yes, Euphy was shot, and she did bleed, but she was recovered almost immediately by Suzaku. Most of Euphy's blood from her wound ended up on Suzaku's clothing. She didn't lose as much blood because she had medical treatment after she was shot. Shirley, on the other hand, wasn't so privileged.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:25   Link #970
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoss1 View Post
yay!!!!!!orange is not annoying anymore but funny and cool
I guess I was in the minority... I always considered Jeremiah funny and cool...<.<
Old 2008-07-07, 02:26   Link #971
ptoss1
Banned

having a headmask makes orange cool
and funny
and relevant to the story
and a cyborg
and powerful

why didn't sunrise give him a mask at the beginning of the story

Last edited by ptoss1; 2008-07-07 at 02:41. Reason: because i want to
Old 2008-07-07, 02:31   Link #972
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I think this is one of the best episodes so far, with all the emotions involving Lelouch's mother and Shirley. Lelouch was walking along the border of becoming good or bad to achieve his goal, and Rolo's crime will hopefully work in favor of making him better.

Of course, this would erase any kind of possibility Rolo surviving at the end. He has been acting better to maybe change his future in the eyes of Lelouch. But, right now, those possibilities zeroed.

On the good side, Viletta earned some more points. Like Lelouch she was also walking in the middle, with her heart wavering towards both sides, though his physical essence staying with Lelouch. Now, with her latest actions, I think, she had settled in her role for the future.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:38   Link #973
ptoss1
Banned

Quote:
I guess I was in the minority... I always considered Jeremiah funny and cool...<.<
why? in R1 i thought he did nothing to contribute to the series, at least until i saw siegfried and orange's mechanical time slowing eye that made siegfried the most mobile fortress mecha ever in the history of anime
Old 2008-07-07, 02:39   Link #974
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoss1 View Post
why? in R1 i thought he did nothing to contribute to the series, at least until i saw siegfried and orange's mechanical time slowing eye that made siegfried the most mobile fortress mecha ever in the history of anime
Because I liked how crazy he got every time Zero was mentioned or when he was called Orange.

But yeah, I really didn't start liking him till he started kicking ass in Siegfried.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:46   Link #975
Dart

I only got as far as page 11 so far, but... I can't see Kallen switching sides due to anything other than a total mindwipe by the emperor. Lelouch just picked up the one guy in the series with the ability to completely negate a geass. Anyone other than me see the simple solution to this problem?
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:47   Link #976
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
I only got as far as page 11 so far, but... I can't see Kallen switching sides due to anything other than a total mindwipe by the emperor. Lelouch just picked up the one guy in the series with the ability to completely negate a geass. Anyone other than me see the simple solution to this problem?
Well, it'll certainly be interesting to see how quickly Lulu takes advantage of being able to Geass people multiple times now.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:50   Link #977
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
I hope they won't go down that road, it's just too cheesy and makes me kind of feel like the chess theme gets a turn towards a Yugioh one. Like ha i use my spell card "Mindwipe"! You thought so, I activate my trap card "Geass canceller"!

Orange would be getting a bit too convenient in my eyes -.-
Guilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 02:50   Link #978
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Well I've managed to make it to page 22, so will eventually catch up . A mindwipe would be possible, but it doesn't seem like she's heading out that way any time soon. Kallen certainly won't jump ship, but will be interesting to see what happens with her in the coming episodes.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:58   Link #979
Same_Shark

Lelouch is going to murder Rollo. Hopefully in a brutal fashion.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:02   Link #980
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You know, if you're going to make a post that bashs the writing and directing of a series then it's a generally a good idea to make yours....well errrr....well written, logical and not full of mispellings (one of which actually includes the word writing itself). It really just utterly destroys anything resembling weight in your argument when in trying to condemn something you commit the exact same offense in the process. Not that I agree at all with anything you've written since along with you not providing anything convincing (and nobody ever does when they do the "poor writing/direction" bit ) you pretty much missed the point of Shirley and Rolo's character development in and of itself.

I don't know if you are trying to be ironic, but I can tell for sure it's at least hypocritical.
forgive my misspelling and my bad grammar. i m not a native english speacker, i learn english by myself 15+years ago using my knowledge of latin to work the etymologie of words and figured the rest by myself, you could argue that by now i should speack english with more ease but i unfortunatly lack time to devote to it. therefore building a proper argumentation is a lot harder than if i was using my mothertongue as i m lacking the vocabulary the gramatical structure etc etc.
i dont think it was really hard to understand my post since from what i saw a lot of people understood it but you seemed to just stop on my poor grammar and jumped to conclusion.

poor direction = too much time wasted on useless stuff, who cares about a whole eps of hat hunting when there was 3 maybe 5 min in the whole eps plotworthy. this leads to a rushed eps where they tried to pack too much stuff in it : jeremiah's 180°turn, shirley's death, trying to make lelouch x suzaku interaction start again, trying to deal with the subject of forgiveness. i wont comment on the completely incoherent behavior of the 3 protagonist after shirley almost falling to her death.
shirley's murder being left out of screen gives room for sunrise to pull a :
rollo :" i tried to save her from a third party who was monitoring jeremiah" or a
rollo :" she should never have mentioned nunally as i m your only siblin lelouch"
i m pretty sure sunrise doesnt even know yet how they ll deal with who is the murdered and how he will be dealth with (sorry that is totally partial but i had a lot of negative experience with sunrise).
shirley's death can be justified as it could make lelouch reflect on her speack about forgiveness and make change his mindset reguarding his actions & vengeance, but the circumstance that lead to her death were for a lack of other words dumb, the author were just trying to put her into this situation using everypossible mean.

i m not sure my argumentation will sound better to you since this time i wrote this post from work typing 1 or 2 sentences every 5 min when i had a little downtime :/.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote