AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 23:39   Link #3481
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
-Kira killed Rau with the beam saber.
An armless Providence.

Quote:
-Kira took out Saviour with beam sabers
While Cagalli is crying.
Another "Kira used SEED mode while X didn't" Scenario.

Quote:
-Kira took out Neo Roanoke with beam sabers
Actually, he took Neo out by shooting him.

Quote:
-Kira destroyed the Destroy (Stellar) with beam sabers
Before Shinn arrived, he wasn't doing anything or even damaging the Destroy. Heck, Stella managed to block one of Kira's beam saber swing when she went insane after he took down Neo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I guess you are trying to say that it was unfair?
Err... That sounds kinda childish, no offense.

Quote:
... Well, it's perfectly fair because it was a battle, not a duel. Everything is permitted. The fact that Kira can activate SEED mode at will and the fact that Shinn can't is not Kira's problem.
It doesn't matter if it's unfair or not, the point is that Shinn wasn't fighting at his fullest yet.

Quote:
The fact that Kira was distracted by archangel and didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot is his own problem.
Kira does kill, Rau among others. He also sliced a Federation ship in half with METEOR. Just because He doesn't want to kill doesn't mean he isn't doing everything in his power to protect the Arch Angel or Orb. It would be stupid to claim that he always held back in a situation that could endanger those he cares about or millions of lives.

Kira does melee but he isn't exactly the best, flashy tricks aside.

Joking aside, this is a terrible discussion.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:42   Link #3482
Destined_Fate

No need for the backhanded remarks. Besides, I'm not here to convince anyone since I know what happened and how they purposely set up Kira as the Ranged champ with melee being his weak point, Athrun as the Melee champ with ranged being his weak point, and Shinn being a heavy jack of all trades guy.

Ranged - Kira > Shinn > Athrun
Melee - Athrun > Shinn > Kira

Ranged - Strike Freedom > Destiny > Infinite Justice
Melee - Infinite Justice > Destiny > Strike Freedom
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:44   Link #3483
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Which still completely ignores the fact that Kira's done better at melee than both Shinn and Athrun.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:45   Link #3484
Destined_Fate

Ugh, there's no talking sense with you. I'll just leave it at that than since you're adamant that Kira is a God that's better than everyone at everything.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:47   Link #3485
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If that's what you want, then fine. But keep in mind that until you provide proof of your claims, such as when Athrun definitively beat Kira, not a single person that's participated here will believe what you say.
Nice closure there, Rising Dragon .
Old 2012-06-17, 23:51   Link #3486
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Ugh, there's no talking sense with you. I'll just leave it at that than since you're adamant that Kira is a God that's better than everyone at everything.
I have not once said anything of the like. I have not said Athrun or Shinn were terrible pilots, they are both remarkably good pilots. I am merely asserting that Kira's skills in one particular aspect of combat are not deficient or lower than certain other pilots when the evidence points to the case that he is not, as you are claiming.

While I will respect your desire not to continue the actual debate with me, I will not stand idly by while you make unsupported assertions when everything else suggests otherwise.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:06   Link #3487
Destined_Fate

I could say the same of you as well. That's why this conversation should end now since we're at an impasse.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:11   Link #3488
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

well kira was engineered to be the perfect co-ordinator still that last battle was so one sided kira and athrun just showed up and kicked everyones arses which sucks since i just watched 40+ eps focusing on the minerva, archangel just shows up and steals the show.....
Old 2012-06-18, 01:35   Link #3489
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Dare I say that the change of tone in the music used as the series progressed didn't help at all?

I noticed how it was all suspense and military-ish at the early stages and when it's just Shinn and the Minerva team then it became all choir-y and heroic when Archangel's team show up.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:38   Link #3490
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
well kira was engineered to be the perfect co-ordinator still that last battle was so one sided kira and athrun just showed up and kicked everyones arses which sucks since i just watched 40+ eps focusing on the minerva, archangel just shows up and steals the show.....
Well, that's what happens when they change gears from the original goal. They were under a lot of stress after all. Had they been given more time before starting Destiny and let the SEED hype die down to a less zealous level than maybe things would have turned out better.
Old 2012-06-18, 06:57   Link #3491
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Err... That sounds kinda childish, no offense.
Me childish!? HA! Double ha.. fair enough, Im probably the most childish person in this forum, so guess you are right.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it's unfair or not, the point is that Shinn wasn't fighting at his fullest yet.
lol wut!?
It's not that he did't want to fight at his fullest, but it's because he couldn't. Shinn would have activated Seed mode much sooner than Kira if he could.. But he can't. That's his inability. And it's not a dual. So Kira dosen't have to wait till Shinn is angry enough to activate Seed mode. (Even in a dual, I'm not sure if that should be a rule)

And even when Shinn was fighting agains Kira at his "best" (+ help from Ray) Didn't he still get kicked in the face or something?..I can't remember.

Quote:
Kira does kill, Rau among others. He also sliced a Federation ship in half with METEOR. Just because He doesn't want to kill doesn't mean he isn't doing everything in his power to protect the Arch Angel or Orb. It would be stupid to claim that he always held back in a situation that could endanger those he cares about or millions of lives.
Rau, METEOR, 'He dosent want to kill', 'He held back'..?? Again, wtf are you talking about? When did I say anything like that? Kira didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot at that point. This is not my interpretation of that fight, it's what Kira said.. Literally. (though, I can't remember that episode.)

And I alo never said anyting about Kira holding back against Shinn... I sure he was doing everything in his power to beat Shinn. His his arch-nemesis!!

Quote:
Kira does melee but he isn't exactly the best, flashy tricks aside.
His flashy moves are quite effective. He is overall very efficient with his two beam sabers.. And like so many before me have pointed out, he extremely capable in close combat.

I Understand You disagree. So would you like to point out all those moment where he flopped with a beam saber? And who might be better according to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I could say the same of you as well.
No you can't.. He made point and came up with arguments and evidence to suport that point. You had nothing to say throughout this conversation other then: 'You are wrong, I'm right! Why? Cos I say so!'.

..You talked about Video games, cards and some other s*** for 5 pages long!

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-06-18 at 07:18.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:10   Link #3492
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Im probably the most childish person in this forum
I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
lol wut!?
You're overreacting, dude.

Quote:
It's not that he did't want to fight at his fullest, but it's because he couldn't. Shinn would have activated Seed mode much sooner than Kira if he could.. But he can't.
The point is that Kira really hasn't shown the ability to beat Shinn with SEED mode(while he's piloting Destiny). In fact, when Shinn did went SEED mode during their skirmish at Orb, Kira got pushed back. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not.

Quote:
And even when Shinn was fighting agains Kira at his "best" (+ help from Ray) Didn't he still get kicked in the face or something?..I can't remember.
Shinn wasn't in SEED mode during that time. Still, Kira was almost killed anyway if it weren't for Athrun.

Quote:
wtf are you talking about? When did I say anything like that? Kira didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot at that point.
Quote:
The fact that Kira was distracted by archangel and didn't want to kill a ZAFT pilot is his own problem.
I'm not seeing you being specific here.

Quote:
This is not my interpretation of that fight, it's what Kira said.. Literally. (though, I can't remember that episode.)
Are you talking about operation angel down or operation fury? If it's the latter, it would be stupid to take what he said seriously. I think it would be stupid if it's the former as well, considering what's at stake.

Quote:
His flashy moves are quite effective.
On unsuspecting victims and cannon fodder.
You gotta' love his twirls, though.

Quote:
He is overall very efficient with his two beam sabers..
Didn't seem to help against Shinn when he's swinging around the bulky, easy to avoid, Arondight during their fight at Orb.

Quote:
And like so many before me have pointed out, he extremely capable in close combat.
Especially when there are always two, conveniently placed fodder, standing side by side for Kira to... fodderize.... always.

Quote:
I Understand You disagree. So would you like to point out all those moment where he flopped with a beam saber? And who might be better according to you?
I expect a full rant from you if I do, so no thanks.

Quote:
..You talked about Video games, cards and some other s*** for 5 pages long!
I've been playing Dragon's Dogma for the past week now, and I like it. In fact, I'm playing it and right now.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:43   Link #3493
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yesman, that very last remark kaito-kid made wasn't directed at you. :V
Old 2012-06-18, 10:57   Link #3494
monster

Quote:
Still, Kira was almost killed anyway if it weren't for Athrun.
That's thanks to Rey.
Quote:
Are you talking about operation angel down or operation fury? If it's the latter, it would be stupid to take what he said seriously. I think it would be stupid if it's the former as well, considering what's at stake.
Nonetheless, that is what happened.
Quote:
On unsuspecting victims and cannon fodder.
Kira in Freedom always makes a scene, you can't say there were any unsuspecting victims. So now let's see, that still leaves at least Stella, Sting, Shinn, Athrun, and Heine.
Quote:
Didn't seem to help against Shinn when he's swinging around the bulky, easy to avoid, Arondight during their fight at Orb.
No need for the beam sabers, Kira just used Strike Freedom's hands.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:00   Link #3495
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He didn't even use the hands, he caged the sword with the beam shields.
Old 2012-06-18, 11:41   Link #3496
Washu-Chan