AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 11:22   Link #39661
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Probably superficial if the face not burned in literal sense, but the scar would still be visible (unless healing spell is used dood)

-----

Anyway, I decided to use the manga as inspiration for the new fic's romance dynamic (just happen to be similar, hohoho)
Old 2013-01-18, 11:26   Link #39662
Eratas123

Well, since it's a pure flame, I'll make it more scarring.

Can't blame ya. Miyamura and Hori are a very sweet couple and that's what I'm basing Synchronicity's romance with Charlotte and Ichika. Also, did you get to the hand holding part? That nearly gave me diabetes.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:36   Link #39663
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's like... the most realistic shoujo moment ever. Compare it to typical bastard boyfriend route, or cheerful dude route, I cannot feel the doki-doki sensation at all, but this one is very engaging.

But I agree about the diabetic part, it IS shoujo after all.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:39   Link #39664
Eratas123

Well Miyamura's a kind guy. Also, this isn't shoujo. The tag gets switched between SHoujo and Shounen multiple times. The general agreement is that it manages to be both at once, and the tags at one point had both Shoujo and Shounen.

Still, one has to wonder why not tying hair and wearing glasses make you unrecognizable.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:51   Link #39665
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Well Miyamura's a kind guy. Also, this isn't shoujo. The tag gets switched between SHoujo and Shounen multiple times. The general agreement is that it manages to be both at once, and the tags at one point had both Shoujo and Shounen.
It's based on a webcomic after all, the storytelling is typical shoujo, but the gag and character expression is straight out of PG shonen 4-koma. Webcomic tend to mishmash things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Still, one has to wonder why not tying hair and wearing glasses make you unrecognizable.

You ask?
Old 2013-01-18, 11:58   Link #39666
Eratas123

Hori's also a nice protag. Funny and somewhat physically rough when it counts, but not to the point where she looks sociopathic. The worst she's ever done is gripping his tongue and teasing him.

Yeah, but they explain it with Superman using his speed to blur his features. Look at the latest chapter - which also has Hori being jealous rather hilariously - and tell me straight up they're not being stupid.

Anyway, some people have made a good point: WHo should I pair older Ichika with in Reversal? Many say Tabane, but since I hate her with the fury of a thousand suns.....
Old 2013-01-18, 12:00   Link #39667
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Anyone here would be able to understand a graveyard visit scene? Currently writing one for Inami...
Old 2013-01-18, 12:07   Link #39668
Eratas123

I would. Mostly me and my dad fixed up the grave and added flowers. Lastly, if you're alone, talk to the grave like you would if they were there. if you need a good example, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WL5AWsXhzI
Old 2013-01-18, 12:09   Link #39669
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
I recommend Yamada, THINK the comedy potential. Just... awesome.

Tabane MIGHT hace a crush on him, and maybe it's the same for Ichika, but she's too reckless and uncaring for him and it put a strain in their friendship and potential budding romance too.

@ Stratos
Graveyard in Japan is unique, in that they don't bury the whole body and cremate it first. They bury the ash and mark it with expensively crafted gravestone. They also seems to be very tightly packed, because cost of mortuary is expensive (~20 Million yen I think)

This doesn't apply in the rural area, where you use something like very large wooden bucket to store the body and bury it normally (like the one used to carry Sasuke in Naruto)
Old 2013-01-18, 12:18   Link #39670
Eratas123

That was partly my plan. Natasha Fairbanks is also fair (lol) game since he visits America.

She has more than a "crush" on him. If you read Chapter 2, it's heavily implied she wanted to sleep with him and CHifuyu keeps her at bay.

I will also make the occasional allusions to non heterosexual relationships in the Academy and Dan crushes hard on Utsuho like he did in canon. Tatenashi also has tremendous foe yay with her cousin/Chifuyu's middle school friend.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:21   Link #39671
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Here it is:

Spoiler for Visiting:

Prior to this, he was going to make a surprise visit to Tsurugi but she was nowhere to be found, both at the Katami Dojo and her family residence.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:23   Link #39672
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^
*Typing at the keyboard hard as he trying to stole the narrative...futilely*

Man that's so awesome I can't replicate it
Old 2013-01-18, 12:27   Link #39673
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Don't break your keyboard, that one was typed with emotions. |3

EDIT: Yeah, imma turn in too.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:28   Link #39674
Eratas123

See you guys tomorrow....or later.
Old 2013-01-18, 17:09   Link #39675
DarkJak2050

A new one for the archive.

Odd Set Harmony
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 20:35   Link #39676
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's Demi's actually

Very nice with the one-shot, I'll be taking pointers from it in case I feel the urge to write a full-flashback chapter.
Old 2013-01-18, 20:44   Link #39677
Eratas123

Man, making Familiar of Zero fics are so relaxing. I guess I feel right at home writing about a horribly stilted world where magic paves the way for tyrants.
Old 2013-01-18, 21:03   Link #39678
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ FEEL THE DARKNESS

I guess every author is to their own genre huh
Old 2013-01-18, 21:23   Link #39679
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Anyway, I changed the planning for the gendeflip fic from strange post gospel stupid conflict ball to Kingdom hearts-like mindscrewy scene where Ichika awakened... in a graveyard, near Dan's gravestone of all things, then he met Dan who is alive.

Because the context is really that absurd, it'll take time. But I'm sure I can pull that.
Old 2013-01-18, 21:57   Link #39680
Eratas123

The Familiar of Zero fic basically runs on irony. You say feel the darkness, but the main character has a soul that's literally made of darkness and corruption.....and despite this he actually has one of the highest moral compasses in the game since he's self sacrificing and selfless in his actions. By contrast, his 'Good Counterpart' is a priest who has a 'whatever it takes mindset'.

Even physical appearances turn it on its head. The MC is covered in many burn wounds and looks generally monstrous because of it while the priest is described as being beautiful and gentlemanly (Demi should know who Julio is).

So what, is Ichika a ghost now?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest