AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-08-08, 12:02   Link #101
ReXcore
One Piece/Bleach&Naruto

Send a message via MSN to ReXcore
time to crack up the atmosphere, lets 'roll!
ReXcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 14:39   Link #102
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

I'm kinda surprised people are talking about his voice at this stage. We've seen him appear at least 2 or 3 times in the anime prior to this (albet a rather long time ago ^_^; His laugh IS new though I think.

I really enjoyed this flashback. Gives us a better understanding of some of the characters that will be major participants in this arc as well as nice development for Ace and White Beard.

I'm sure manga readers just want things to start, and they will as of next week, but as one just enjoying the anime this week was a treat
Old 2010-08-08, 14:50   Link #103
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Awesome episode, even if some of the stuff was padded out...i loved it. Even though we saw only a little of Thatch, he seemed like a nice guy.

Teach really did look like a psycho.....

This flashback also gave marco a bit more added character..in the way he interacted with Ace...shovin food down his mouth

WB's laugh sounded a bit weird...though...but its all good.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 14:57   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
(albet a rather long time ago ^_^;
I believe that's the reason.
Old 2010-08-08, 18:51   Link #105
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
I'm kinda surprised people are talking about his voice at this stage. We've seen him appear at least 2 or 3 times in the anime prior to this (albet a rather long time ago ^_^; His laugh IS new though I think.

I really enjoyed this flashback. Gives us a better understanding of some of the characters that will be major participants in this arc as well as nice development for Ace and White Beard.

I'm sure manga readers just want things to start, and they will as of next week, but as one just enjoying the anime this week was a treat
Someone mentioned his laugh was off. The laugh was bad. Awful laugh + gurgly not-so-deep goofy sounding voice = fail.

This dude is supposed to give some monologues. He's supposed to be the closest thing to the king of the pirates. He needs an epic voice.

Whitebeard has the power of shockwaves as seen in this episode. His voice should resound and shake the entire area.

Only reason I can think of Whitebeard not getting a more epic voice is that they're saving voice actors for the final bosses of the series... the ultimate heavyweights.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 02:46   Link #106
Petbe
Wingless Angel

For those who are unsure of his laugh, I want you all to go to episode (I think it was) 316. This is the episode where Shanks and White Beard meet up. It is a bit into their discussion but there is a part where he begins to laugh. The laugh that we heard echoes the heavens. It is much more fitting for the man closest to being the Pirate King.

That is the laugh I was expecting, that is the laugh I had wished I heard. Not the gurgled laugh we heard.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:48   Link #107
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

His sounds fit good..Not pefect but good.The laugh on the other hand, is terrible.If you are hearing it for first time, you'll require a max 3 second to understand that its actually a laugh.

I also hated that seaquake animation.Worst water effect I've seen for a awhile.
Old 2010-08-09, 12:29   Link #108
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Whitebeard's voice is perfectly fine. His laugh is exactly the same as it was before, so how come only now there is complaining? And of course his laugh isn't going to be loud and reverberate throughout his vicinity when he himself wasn't laughing out loud in this episode.
Old 2010-08-09, 13:56   Link #109
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Someone mentioned his laugh was off. The laugh was bad. Awful laugh + gurgly not-so-deep goofy sounding voice = fail.

This dude is supposed to give some monologues. He's supposed to be the closest thing to the king of the pirates. He needs an epic voice.

Whitebeard has the power of shockwaves as seen in this episode. His voice should resound and shake the entire area.

Only reason I can think of Whitebeard not getting a more epic voice is that they're saving voice actors for the final bosses of the series... the ultimate heavyweights.
Whitebeard's voice is perfectly fine. It is as its always been. Did u see him laughing when Shanks told him to call Ace back? My God, that was probably 1 of the most intimidating laughs i've heard...well i imagine that's how'd i'd feel if were actually in Whitebeard's prescence
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 19:22   Link #110
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the sfx when Whitebeard used his Earthquake powers was...interesting, wasn't what I was expecting before hearing the walls of reality crack

I don't know if he's used his powers already in the anime, I've missed a lot of episodes.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 20:12   Link #111
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
His laugh is exactly the same as it was before, so how come only now there is complaining?
No it isn't.

Its a bad laugh and you know it. In fact 1) its not even a laugh (and sounds nothing like GURARARARA) and 2) its not the same as it was before (at least the laugh wasn't).

His voice is ok. I understand WBs a sick, old, dying man, and I'm fine with his tired sounding voice (as most people here are).

His laugh is very lackluster however and just sounds awkward and comedic in equal measure.

Last edited by paradox13; 2010-08-09 at 20:25.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 22:48   Link #112
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
His laugh is very lackluster however and just sounds awkward and comedic in equal measure.
I just watched the scene where he laughs right now, and I distinctly hear "Gurararara!!". And of course it's going to sound awkward and comedic. One Piece is full of unique laughs, so that's to be expected.
Old 2010-08-09, 22:54   Link #113
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I just watched the scene where he laughs right now, and I distinctly hear "Gurararara!!".
Unintenionally comedic is different from intentional comedy. The first case just makes it awkward.

And it doesn't sound like Gurararara to me, sounded more like a very soft uhurhurhurhur, more like a mumble then a laugh.
Old 2010-08-09, 22:56   Link #114
Gin
*Artist

I think Whitebeard's laugh sounds good, its no where near as good as Moria's or Blackbeard's, but its still pretty awesome.
Old 2010-08-10, 20:35   Link #115
solomon

Man been a while, picked up the show when they finally stopped the filler and moved on to a decent plot line.

General Thoughts;

Opening is GREAT, hopefully some of the good animators from the opening and the previous arcs come back, they really make the show fun!

I skimmed the manga for this arc, but honestly Oda's layouts and over detailing of things made it such a pain in the ass to read, that I only know the GENERAL gist of what happens. Should be A LOT more fun to watch in anime form, specially with the great direction and acting the show has.

I like Whitebeard's voice, sounds badass. I do admit his "Gurarara" laugh isn't nearly as good as Blackbeards "ZEHAHAHA!" though
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:56   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has a replacement been mentioned yet for voicing Mihawk? Seeing as though Aono Takeshi can't do it.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:39   Link #117
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

I'm curious about that as well.

Since Iwa-san's va is currently in trouble his lines this week were done by I'm thinking Wataru Takagi (Ganju in Bleach, Tobi in Naruto), but I'm not certain, for those who were interested.
Old 2010-08-11, 11:47   Link #118
Blackbeard D. Kuma

New Ivankov - Mitsuo Iwata (source - anime news network)

New Mihawk - It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I heard that Bin Shimada will be Aono's replacement.
Old 2010-08-11, 14:49   Link #119
solomon

smatta with Aono-ossan?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:13   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
New Mihawk - It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I heard that Bin Shimada will be Aono's replacement.
Same as the Aono Takeshi change in Dragonball Kai. I thought as much.

Thanks for letting us know.