AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 02:45   Link #581
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Are you ****ing serious about the character roster?

I'm not getting this ****ing game such bull****.
Uhhh... Ok? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 08:41   Link #582
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I want Wapol! I want Coby! I want *Insert random character here*!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 09:21   Link #583
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If you read my earlier posts I mentioned the characters from first game being playable. Why would they not add in characters who were in the first game not playable? They made brand new characters now lets see hmm I wonder which one is the easiest to put in a "Sequel" a character who already has a moveset or creating a new one from scratch?

The problem is the "Non-playable" characters Magellan needs to be playable. What is their bullshit excuse this time? Oh I know being a shitty game company. Moria and Ivankov have enough content to be put in the game. This game is becoming more of a joke than it already is.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 16:50   Link #584
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Anyway... we finally got some Vita gameplay videos... and a new scan showing off those DLC costumes we saw...

Spoiler for scan:
Old 2013-03-20, 18:37   Link #585
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Game was released today, but so far nobody has foudn anything special that we haven't seen already, so I won't talk about that right now.... in other news, the release date has been announced for the US/EU version, but all they said was August 2013. Anyway.... we DID get a look at what the EU Collector's Edition will be...

In my opinion, that's a very nice figurine you get with the game~
Old 2013-03-21, 18:29   Link #586
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Game was released today, but so far nobody has foudn anything special that we haven't seen already, so I won't talk about that right now.... in other news, the release date has been announced for the US/EU version, but all they said was August 2013. Anyway.... we DID get a look at what the EU Collector's Edition will be...

In my opinion, that's a very nice figurine you get with the game~
Looking forward to getting that game. If it's before my birthday, I'll ask my family to get it for me. If it's after my birthday, I'll place the order for it myself.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 17:53   Link #588
marvelB

I'm actually considering importing the Vita version.... but the only problem is that I do not have a Vita yet! I'll definitely get one by this summer, though. There's already a few titles for it that I'm interested in getting....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 22:02   Link #589
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm actually considering importing the Vita version.... but the only problem is that I do not have a Vita yet! I'll definitely get one by this summer, though. There's already a few titles for it that I'm interested in getting....
Well, I'll definately look at uploading some screenshots of the Vita version when my copy arrives then, just to help out I guess~
Old 2013-03-27, 18:50   Link #590
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Soooo.... my copy of One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 for Vita showed up today... played afew missions into the story, tried out afew characters.... and loving it (huge surprise eh?). I'll post up some Vita screenshots eventually, but I SHOULD be able to answer any questions about the game at this point~
Old 2013-03-27, 21:00   Link #591
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Out of the new playable characters, who's your favorite to use?
Old 2013-03-27, 21:04   Link #592
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well.... so far in the story I've only unlocked Luffy, Nami, Franky, Smoker, and Jinbei. So faaaar.... I'm really enjoying Smoker. He's great at crowd control compared to other characters.... unfortunately, fighting bosses DOES take while~
Old 2013-03-28, 20:48   Link #593
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Sooo... played alittle into the story... mind you, I don't speak/read Japanese, so this MAY be wrong on some things... but as it seems...

Spoiler for What I can tell of the story so far... (spoilers):

All in all, it's an interesting enough story. We get some good teams building, some surprisingly good cutscenes. They DO throw in some altered anime moments (like when Luffy was about to be struck by Akainu, this time Ace is currently out cold), so it does have some good moments. Anyway... onto screenshots...

Spoiler for screenshots:

It IS a pretty good looking game, so I'm still loving it. An interesting thing to note is that the Select Function is still in.... so you can still switch Luffy's hat on/off, Smoker's shades on/off.... but probably my favourite is that if you play as New World Franky and hold Select for 3 Seconds, you can change his hair to 1 of the 3 seen above~
Old 2013-03-28, 21:47   Link #594
Undertaker

So about the story, it that the actual main story or the "dream/fantasy" story?

I'm just surprise they go the what-if Musou Orochi kind of way. Well, I have a trip to Asia next month so I'll probably pick the game up there anyway.
Old 2013-03-28, 22:16   Link #595
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
So about the story, it that the actual main story or the "dream/fantasy" story?

I'm just surprise they go the what-if Musou Orochi kind of way. Well, I have a trip to Asia next month so I'll probably pick the game up there anyway.

The "Dream Story" IS the main story, since I figure there wasn't enough New World stuff for them to do yet without absolutely repeating the last game's story.
Old 2013-03-29, 00:19   Link #596
Undertaker

That is an interesting take on it...

Well, at least than certain someone can't keep complaining about lack of moves or characters now, I mean how do complain when the whole game is a what-if parallel universe and not straight adaption...
Old 2013-03-29, 01:43   Link #597
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That is an interesting take on it...

Well, at least than certain someone can't keep complaining about lack of moves or characters now, I mean how do complain when the whole game is a what-if parallel universe and not straight adaption...
Oh, speaking of moves.... EVERY single named move in this game is now listed in the top right when used.... so now we won't have any confusion as to what's in and what's not~
Old 2013-03-29, 02:05   Link #598
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Oh, speaking of moves.... EVERY single named move in this game is now listed in the top right when used.... so now we won't have any confusion as to what's in and what's not~
Well, "someone" will surely still find a way to complain about it...
Old 2013-03-29, 10:59   Link #599
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Yes. I eagerly await that someone's reply .

So, SOGESNAKE, would you say this game is enough of an upgrade/update to be considered a sequel? It looks great, but it still doesn't quite suffice for the package I'm looking for. Hopefully, Pirate Warriors 3 will deliver that.
Old 2013-03-29, 23:59   Link #600
marvelB

Yeah, the new story mode actually sounds pretty interesting. And count me in for waiting for that certain "someone's" seal of (dis)approval, as well!

But honestly, I'm a little disappointed that Caesar doesn't seem to be a boss in this game despite Punk Hazard even being a stage here. I'd also would have at least expected Hody Jones to make it as a boss, as well. I'd especially think that would be fitting since the anime changed Hody from the near-total fodder he was in the manga to some Lucci-level fighter who was somehow able to keep up with Luffy in Gear 2 mode, and - heaven forbid - actually gave him some trouble during their battle! I STILL find it hilarious how Toei completely missed the point of that fight (Hody was NEVER supposed to be a serious threat for Luffy, lol).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps3, video games