AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-16, 11:04   Link #21
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

At least they got the ris iron sights round the right way this time but come on why is the model 1887 still there =/

Its nice to see them sort of taking a more realistic approach to the kit and weapons but it'll all be for nothing if they keep adding nonsense they think is cool rather than relevant.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:37   Link #22
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For the planned weaponry, this exotic vs realistic distribution is slowly tiring me out...

Spoiler for list of weapons:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2011-05-16 at 13:47.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 14:20   Link #23
Forsaken-Waffle
That Goon Day!!

Send a message via MSN to Forsaken-Waffle Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken-Waffle
Lol i saw this on youtube machinama
Old 2011-05-17, 05:31   Link #24
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

One question, not trying to be rude but why do you guys even care? Its a game, most people won't even notice the errors and nobody really has a problem as long as bullets come out of one end.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 07:03   Link #25
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
One question, not trying to be rude but why do you guys even care? Its a game, most people won't even notice the errors and nobody really has a problem as long as bullets come out of one end.
Well, I know that I am in the extreme minority, but I play these games for the single player experience. I could not possibly care less about multiplayer. I want a good, long story.

Unfortunately, the CoD games of late have really scrimped on single player length (but the stories have been good... MW had a great story, MW2's was somewhat ridiculous, and I haven't played Black Ops yet).

So, I do care about these kinds of things because I want to see a good story as the basis for the single player experience.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 14:59   Link #26
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Sadly, your right.
Old 2011-05-17, 15:09   Link #27
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Well, I know that I am in the extreme minority, but I play these games for the single player experience. I could not possibly care less about multiplayer. I want a good, long story.

Unfortunately, the CoD games of late have really scrimped on single player length (but the stories have been good... MW had a great story, MW2's was somewhat ridiculous, and I haven't played Black Ops yet).

So, I do care about these kinds of things because I want to see a good story as the basis for the single player experience.
I was talking about if the guns look/work like they do in real life....

Awwwwkwarrd.....

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 16:02   Link #28
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Because it takes little effort to be accurate hell even medal of honor managed it.

If they're gonna half ass something like the guns which are lets be honest an important part of a shooter then what else are they going to cut corners on.

It probably annoys me more than most since I have a keen interest in all things military but I cant imagine I'm the only one.

On the 1887 note its because it essentially ruined the mulitplayer until it was patched.

Old 2011-05-17, 18:15   Link #29
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

In reality, even the best guns get jammed from time to time and bullets maims and sometime kills people with one shot.

I don't believe people want QTEs to take cover and clear jammed guns after expending several rounds or limp around after taking shots.

CoD is just like any other blockbuster hollywood film that eschew real life elements for artisitic license to get all the cool aspects.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 18:59   Link #30
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm not referring to the workings of the guns I'm talking purely about the athletics and how it takes little effort to research whats being used and what isn't. =s

They just seem to go with what they think is cool rather than look at whats actually being used which in reality is already pretty cool.

I know they're just tailoring to their target market and hell I'll probably still buy it myself but I'd really like to see them taking a little time to make it a bit more believable.

Old 2011-05-17, 20:02   Link #31
Xion Valkyrie

I feel like the singleplayer campaign really needs a bit more work. The gameplay really feels outdated, and the new 'action-movie' QTEs and what not are really starting to feel gimmicky.

Black Ops also felt way more linear than the previous 2 games, where it's pretty much just straight up follow the leader. I think if it wasn't for the fairly well done storyline, I probably would have just stopped playing halfway through.

Of course, since 90% of their playerbase don't even touch the singleplayer and jump straight to the multiplayer, I doubt they're really going to focus on improving it.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 20:40   Link #32
JagdPanther

Quote:
I was talking about if the guns look/work like they do in real life....

Awwwwkwarrd.....
Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh....

I somehow confused your post with one talking about errors in the story.

Old 2011-05-23, 22:17   Link #33
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Modern Warfare 3 engine adds a lot of cool stuff

Quote:
Modern Warfare 3 developer Infinity Ward has said that the game's engine features plenty of improvements over MW2's.

Bowling told us in May: "... We never - for any game - build a 'brand new' engine, but iterate on a solid base... adding what's needed and innovates it."

Battlefield-like environmental destruction is rumoured to feature in Modern Warfare 3.

Failllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll using the same engine since the first Modern Warfare, Battlefield will defiantly beat this.
Old 2011-05-23, 22:41   Link #34
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

First Official Game Trailer:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 02:35   Link #35
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Story hints look engaging enough; it'll be a good while after launch before I pick this up, I think. And what I'd like to see in addition to/instead of Yet More Zombie Maps is MW2's Special Ops... as an extra plus, some of these could be unlocked by campaign progress because they give you an opportunity to play through key moments from a different perspective. A good example of this is the 'Assault on the 87th Precinct' extra mission for Dead to Rights: Retribution. The next-to-last campaign mission in that game has Jack and his canine partner help take the place back; this extra mission covers the seizure of that station from the GACs' point of view.

Hmm, the Kel-Tec KSG looks like it was inspired by the Neostead (which can be found over in BC2). Note that the Kel-Tec's ammo tubes are under the barrel, instead of above. And anyone who's seen RoboCop 2 might recall the Magpul FMG's 'ancestor'...

Kind of surprised, given the various 'vaporware' guns which have found their way into games, that the Pancor Jackhammer doesn't get more love... it's been in how many games aside from the original Dead to Rights? Bonus: apparently Pancor also made a reusable trap kit (the 'Bear Trap') which turns an ammo drum into a sort of claymore mine...

On a lighter note, am I the only one who, whenever they hear about dual-wielding 1887s, find myself thinking, 'Hey, Marathon called, they want their WSTE-Ms back?'

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 03:02   Link #36
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Kind of surprised, given the various 'vaporware' guns which have found their way into games, that the Pancor Jackhammer doesn't get more love... it's been in how many games aside from the original Dead to Rights?
The only other game I remember that has the Jackhammer in it (and the game that made aware it existed) is Max Payne.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 07:57   Link #37
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Story hints look engaging enough; it'll be a good while after launch before I pick this up, I think. And what I'd like to see in addition to/instead of Yet More Zombie Maps is MW2's Special Ops... as an extra plus, some of these could be unlocked by campaign progress because they give you an opportunity to play through key moments from a different perspective. A good example of this is the 'Assault on the 87th Precinct' extra mission for Dead to Rights: Retribution. The next-to-last campaign mission in that game has Jack and his canine partner help take the place back; this extra mission covers the seizure of that station from the GACs' point of view.
Same here. I waited a good while before purchasing MW2. I am still waiting to purchase Black Ops.

I just want to play for the story. I could not care less about repetitive multiplayer.

Old 2011-05-24, 08:57   Link #38
patnam

is WORLD WAR 3... oops, is MW3...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 01:26   Link #39
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I really can't wait! It looks to kick some ass.

Hopefully, there will be some Moscow burning to the ground as Cpl. Dunn once said in MW2.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:29   Link #40
Helmifzn
Crynet Systems

post some ss from mw 3

Helmifzn is offline   Reply With Quote