I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-15, 12:37   Link #441
yuuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by - HEROiNEx View Post
Every character is going to go through a major downpoint. This is Orihimes. Ichigo went through one. Rukia went through one. Chad went through one. I think that even though those characters could easily overcome it, its because they have someone constantly on their side who understands them. Orihime doesn't have that. She has Tatsuki, who she can't even see right now, and we have Tatsuki who can't even feel Orihimes presence and feels as if she's completely gone. KT hasn't ruined anyone, the regular Orihime is still there, she's going through her own development atm.

Though it may be a long development, why is it such a big deal? Every character has to go through one, some are quicker than others, and some are slow. Some people can't change off the bat, whether they're in war, or if they're just plain at home writing down their goals to make a change. Its hard to change, it takes a world of confidence and determination, which Orihime doesn't have. First, they need to give her those things and then work upward, which is what KT is trying to do from what I can see.
Woah... I'm not saying I hate her. I voted for neither liking nor disliking her. To me, she's changing at a very slow pace. I mean real..... slow. That is why it irritates me. Though you are right that it takes time for one to change, that is why I patiently wait for the moment.

But I don't expect her to do something real bizzare that will be totally OOC. What I am expecting is to finally fight and use her fairies to do something other than healing. (I'm a huge fan of her healing abilities, for reasons unknown).
Old 2008-08-15, 12:52   Link #442
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
She must have some one that understands her what about her friend Tatsuki, Ishida is too caught up in his quincy power most of the time but he does seem to understand a little but I think Tatsuki understand more because she has been her friend longer then Ishida has.
I'd agree that Tatsuki could be truly strong support for her. Problem is, Inoue (and Ichigo) have kept her in the dark entirely about shinigami, hollows and their own powers. If Inoue can't confide in Tatsuki, she can't get much support therr either. Not to mention how alienated Tatsuki must feel about being lied to.

Many people find strength in being with someone who needs them (and vice versa). To be unsure of oneself in the absence of such a mutually co-dependent relationship is not admirable, and I respect the opinion of those who find it weak/annoying. That said, it's understandable and I'm hopeful she'll get over it. Either by finding true love, or realizing her own worth to her friends.

Unfortunately, in her own head she seems to have tied up her self-worth with being effective in battle. That's not what friendships or love are based on, or should be based on. It's simply the willingness to sacrifice or be there for each other. The typical shounen solution to this dilemma of Orihime's would be to have her suddenly realize her battle abilities and kick butt. But I expect Kubo to take a more subtle, deeper approach to her development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuuk1 View Post
Woah... I'm not saying I hate her. I voted for neither liking nor disliking her. To me, she's changing at a very slow pace. I mean real..... slow. That is why it irritates me. Though you are right that it takes time for one to change, that is why I patiently wait for the moment.
Spoiler for manga:

*Any bolding in quotes my own*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
If she wanted to help everyone else that much, why they hell doesn't she try? She is always like "Gonna change" and the next moment she is behind someone and this someone is protecting her *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
Training with her means she wants to change but when she goes on the battlefield she doesn't do anything.
As for what fighting you think is right, it comes to opinion, I will drop it.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-08-15 at 15:10.
Old 2008-08-15, 13:08   Link #443
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Some people hate her because she's like every other shounen girl.
And Rukia isn't like every tomboy tsundere out there?
Old 2008-08-15, 13:12   Link #444
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
And Rukia isn't like every tomboy tsundere out there?
That's more interesting than a Mary Sue (generalization).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-08-15, 13:15   Link #445
Scarlett_Rain55

How is Orihime a Mary Sue? She has some Mary Sue qualities, but when was being emo, insecure, depressing, doubtful, Mary Sue qualities? IIRC to be a Mary Sue you had to keep a =) in every situation you were in. Orihime didn't seem to do that in the HM arc.

P.S: I hate most Mary Sues, which is one reason I hate reading shoujo!
Old 2008-08-15, 13:21   Link #446
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
How is Orihime a Mary Sue? She has some Mary Sue qualities, but when was being emo, insecure, depressing, doubtful, Mary Sue qualities? IIRC to be a Mary Sue you had to keep a =) in every situation you were in. Orihime didn't seem to do that in the HM arc.

P.S: I hate most Mary Sues, which is one reason I hate reading shoujo!
My apologizes, wrong one. I'll restate.

More interesting than a Damsel in Distress. (I know you're gonna say Rukia was one too, but Rukia couldn't get out because her powers were stripped from her. She also accepted her fate, and didn't WANT anyone to save her. Orihime HAD her powers, and she didn't bother escaping, even though she wanted to leave.)

Old 2008-08-15, 13:26   Link #447
Scarlett_Rain55

What was she going to do? Reject her prison cell, then stealthily evade the sneaky arrancar and look for Ichigo in a long, wide, barren desert while getting lost in the way, making it even harder for her to escape?
Old 2008-08-15, 13:28   Link #448
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
What was she going to do? Reject her prison cell, then stealthily evade the sneaky arrancar and look for Ichigo in a long, wide, barren desert while getting lost in the way, making it even harder for her to escape?
She could have escaped when Aizen said he didn't need her anymore.

Old 2008-08-15, 13:31   Link #449
Scarlett_Rain55

I think you expect too much from her Hari Michiru. And plus she was being guarded by the charming Ulquiorra. Who'd want to escape from that sexy beast? XD
Old 2008-08-15, 13:33   Link #450
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
I think you expect to much from her Hari Michiru. And plus she was being guarded by the charming Ulquiorra. Who'd want to escape from that sexy beast? XD

I'm sure I wouldn't, but all Orihime sees is her 'Kurosaki-kun~~~'.

Old 2008-08-15, 13:50   Link #451
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Since Taksuki doesn't know about soul society and death gods Orihime seems to haven't seen Taksuki
for a why'll to understand her anymore so who understands her Ichigo? Rukia understandes her more then Ichigo.
Ichigo seems to understand Rukia more then he does Orihime. But he understands about being a big brother when he found out Orihime brother was a hollow.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-08-15, 14:28   Link #452
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
She must have some one that understands her what about her friend Tatsuki, Ishida is too caught up in his quincy power most of the time but he does seem to understand a little but I think Tatsuki understand more because she has been her friend longer then Ishida has.
Huh?
He understood her thousand of times in Soul Society. He begged Ichigo to win for her. He understood she had a crush on him. He held her in his embrace. AND more.
Time doesn't really matter. Ichigo knows Hime before Rukia but we know who shares a deeper bond with who
And when it comes to Orihime, Ishida is not too caught up in anything.
I'll answer to amirali ..some day. I'm not in the mood of debating, I want to sleep and I also want a normal answer for you, so later..
Old 2008-08-15, 14:54   Link #453
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

The fact that angers me about Orihime is that She realizes that she relies to much on ichigo instead of her own strength(She said it herself during the Yami fight) But yet instead of getting stronger she continues to rely so much on ichigo to do everything for her. She has the ability to do it on her own i just think that her obsession with ichigo makes her weak
Old 2008-08-15, 15:11   Link #454
- HEROiNEx
what bout my s t a r ? ★

Send a message via AIM to - HEROiNEx Send a message via MSN to - HEROiNEx Send a message via Yahoo to - HEROiNEx
After that Yami fight she went to train with Rukia in SS. Got an ultimatum from Ulq. who mind-gamed her into submission, and got what Aizen wanted. While doing that, he of course allowed her to think she was doing something good for her friends, and used that to his advantage. To Orihime that was getting stronger, because she thought she was protecting her nakama her own way. Then she decided to put her powers to use. She was going to reject the existence of the Hougyoku so that maybe the madness would stop in general. It would've been a good plan if Aizen wasn't like 5 steps ahead of her.

Orihime does have confidence and determination and strength, but they need to be coaxed out of the poor girl. The same way they needed to be coaxed out of Ichigo for a while.
Old 2008-08-15, 15:59   Link #455
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

Everyone in Bleach sometimes need encouragement/help/training in order to get out of their funk or become stronger. It's the golden rule of the shounen genre. And Kubo himself states that the main focus in Bleach is on it's characters. KT loves making and developing his personages.
In Inoue's case, however, it looks like Kubo has made her his official cheating device. She can reject death. And Kubo doesn't want his precious characters dead. This is it. This is her character's development since training with Rukia and till now.
Although all of Inoue's interactions with Ulq are very promising for her character. I like it that with him she is a 'strong woman'... but only with him... unfortunately.
Old 2008-08-15, 16:50   Link #456
- HEROiNEx
what bout my s t a r ? ★

Send a message via AIM to - HEROiNEx Send a message via MSN to - HEROiNEx Send a message via Yahoo to - HEROiNEx
Its kind of a let down, I agree.
But if she can be strong with Ulq, then it shows promising development for the future?
>w<; I like to think so anyway.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:16   Link #457
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Its simple.

The Orihime hate didn't happen until after Soul Society, Orihime started taking the lime light, and Rukia fanatics threw a major tantrum over it, and thus gave birth to the Orihime hate.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:19   Link #458
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Its simple.

The Orihime hate didn't happen until after Soul Society, Orihime started taking the lime light, and Rukia fanatics threw a major tantrum over it, and thus gave birth to the Orihime hate.
From the view of a biased fan.

Old 2008-08-15, 17:22   Link #459
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
From the view of a biased fan.
You're one to talk. Don't deny that no one really paid much attention to Inoue until after S.S., she was another Chad and Ishida, where there was only niche fan groups. But once Inoue took over as the lead, a shit storm sweep across the internet.

And don't let me remind you the kind of profound hate that occurred when Inoue finally confessed.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:24   Link #460
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You're one to talk. Don't deny that no one really paid much attention to Inoue until after S.S., she was another Chad and Ishida, where there was only niche fan groups. But once Inoue took over as the lead, a shit storm sweep across the internet.
Well, I wouldn't know, because I started watching Bleach a few months ago. Inoue's not really a lead in the HM arc; she hardly shows up at all (just like how Rukia was in the SS arc; we didn't see much of her either).

Closed Thread