AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-19, 15:01   Link #1
NorbJunior

Sailor Moon Kaguya Island (and other myus)

Hey...I just saw Kaguya-shima Densetsu here today...does anybody know if it is subbed and/or who released them? Am a huge fan of the myus and I would love a subbed version of this one. Thanks!
Old 2004-01-19, 15:12   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm curious, what is a myu?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-19, 15:14   Link #3
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

I always call them sera-myu cause thats how I came to know about it. If I am not mistaken it mean the actors/actress' who sing in the Live Action musicals in Sailor Moon. I enjoy the music from the plays and its a good show to watch ^_^
Old 2004-01-19, 18:05   Link #4
lilitu93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorbJunior
Hey...I just saw Kaguya-shima Densetsu here today...does anybody know if it is subbed and/or who released them? Am a huge fan of the myus and I would love a subbed version of this one. Thanks!
Unfortunately it's not subtitled and the video quality is pretty bad. It's a VCD rip plus it looks very compressed to me to make it be around 315mb (it's over 90 minutes, I think, as I got 45 minutes into it and it wasn't even to the half-way mark). Because it's such low quality, it's hard to see anything when it's dark, which seems to be about half the scenes that I've watched so far.

I'll watch the end of it in the next day or so--it's very cheesy and makes the live action look high budget, but it's quite fun. The senshi's costumes aren't nearly as good as the live action, however, and my husband complained about lack of panty shots (I think there were a few when it was dark).

I'm glad to see one of these finally, but I wish someone would post the subtitled versions up here, as I know there are a few fansubs of them that you can get on DVD, so hopefully someone will rip one of them soon and post it here.
Old 2004-01-19, 19:22   Link #5
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
I used to follow all 9 musicals (at the time there were 9, now there's like 12). They're called the Sera Myu Musicals. Live Action Sailor Moon on stage with songs. Very very very very good.

More information can be found here:
http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/mu...oon/index.html
Old 2004-01-19, 20:02   Link #6
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Myu is jp short for miyujikaru (musical). Sera Muun is the anime being made into a musical, so the shortening becomes Sera-Myu.

TV-Nihon says they're going to do subs of the musicals starting from the first one.

There's been 13 sets of musicals produced so far since it started (and usually there's a kaiteban - revised musical for each of them so it's about double that number), and there's a 14th musical coming soon (or could be on already) - featuring the 777th performance of Sera-Myu and is the Final Second Stage performance (or so the poster said).
Old 2004-03-10, 13:40   Link #7
Kurata Sana
=^_^=

Sailor Moon Musicals

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer with the "search" option.
Is there any fansub group who's planning to sub some of the Sailor Moon Musicals? I'd love to see *and* understand them ^^''
Old 2004-03-10, 14:02   Link #8
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurata Sana
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer with the "search" option.
Is there any fansub group who's planning to sub some of the Sailor Moon Musicals? I'd love to see *and* understand them ^^''

Yes we are
Old 2004-03-10, 14:33   Link #9
Kurata Sana
=^_^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
Yes we are
That's great ^_^
Would you mind to tell me who "we" are?
(Don't want to look stupid, obviously, I just couldn't find the information anywhere...)
Old 2004-03-10, 15:21   Link #10
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
Yes we are

ROFL.. u r kidding me.. R u really going to do that.. Ohh i am all behind u guys a 100% on that... if u need any help on the IM me.. OMG i still cant beleve that u r going to do that
Old 2004-03-10, 15:27   Link #11
Atom_Bunny
Usagi no Atom

King Ranger is part of a subbing group called TV-Nihon - the ones that are subbing Sailor Moon Live?? ya know.. ^_^

If the work on SM Live is anything to go by then the Musicals should be FAB ^_^

Atom XX
Old 2004-03-10, 15:45   Link #12
DekaMaster
Banned

Heh yeah. I didn't want to say which group I was with,didn't want to break the forum rules. But yeah we are doing them. Alot from R2 dvds. They take a while so just be patient.
Old 2004-03-11, 09:34   Link #13
Kurata Sana
=^_^=

Thank you very much for the info.
*happy*
I'm sure they'll be as good as the subs of the SaMoon Live Action.
*will be as patient as she can*
Old 2004-03-12, 20:54   Link #14
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Is this going to be from the original Sailor moon series ??
Old 2004-03-13, 16:07   Link #15
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

The musicals at first did follow the anime/manga themes somewhat in the general sense.

The first one was from Sailor Moon, second was Sailor Moon S, third SuperS, the fourth and fifth were from Sailor Stars, and then that's where it kinda goes wonky after that. The 6th was sort of an amalgam of SuperS and Sailor Stars, the 7th had a totally original story. There was I think it was the 10th musical production was based on Sailor Moon R, 11th again on Sailor Moon S (featuring Mistress 9 this time), and the 12th (which is the latest one) were based on Sailor Stars again. Then there was that whole vampire trilogy... ugh (that was the 8th and 9th and sort of 9.5th production).
Old 2006-02-07, 07:08   Link #16
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I just came across this thread while searching the forum. So much in this thread was wiped out by the recent forum reset. This comment really brings me back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Back then I knew nothing about the musicals. Now I've actually helped sub one of them with Live-eviL. Wow. It is a shame that it is so very time consuming to sub a myu, since I'm dying to see the end of our next myu project, but patience is a virtue.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread