AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 10:02   Link #221
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
this anime really gives you that WTF doesn't it? girl on girl, boy on boy, crossdressing you name it.

Had a look at some scans of the moyashimon manga, quite frankly I don't really like it. The bacteria don't look at cute and the manga feels alot different compared to the anime, just my 5 cents.

I'm going to keep everything crossed for a 2nd season instead!
I agree! the characters in the anime are much cuter, but it has to do with character design.
The anime has more time to work on the design. I think Haruka manga and anime both are sexy, now the other characters is another thing.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 13:43   Link #222
dauthik
Guitar Hero

Send a message via AIM to dauthik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
who scanlates the manga anyway? i want to follow the story now....
No one. If I could translate, I'd try and help, but eh.
dauthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:34   Link #223
Holammer

First of all, thanks to Shinsen & BSS for subbing Moyashimon. I love it to bits and found the edutainment aspect of it quite hilarious. While I understand it's a handful to translate I'm grateful for every episode that is translated.
Judging from the spoilers (thanks for using spoiler tags folks) posted on this thread, Moyashimon sure as heck got some unexpected story arcs incoming! If you reacted to the kiviak scene in the first episode, just imagine the dôjinshi treatment of this series. The stuff with Kei is amusing and I can't say to save my life that I saw it coming. There was a hint in episode Six in the conversation between Aoi and Sawaki and some mannerism stuff which I really didn't put much thought into.

Just today I was preparing some tuna salad when one of my onions had a big patch of mold growing on it, got me wondering which of the cutesy little dudes it was (A. Oryzae, the regular guys with five knobbly sprouts). Wish I had stuff like this catching my interest back when I was in school.
Holammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 16:11   Link #224
pushpaka

I too have been greatly enjoying Moyashimon and so thanks to BSS and others.
Between this and Sayonara Zetsumei Sensei, I'm pretty satisfied with how things are. Just wondering though, has there been any word about whether there'll be more Moyashimon eps forthcoming - especially now that BSS has taken on some more new projects?
pushpaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 17:09   Link #225
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
wow. just watched the final episode.

Spoiler:

rofl. dead hazuki!

dammn. so sad its finished.

anyway they need a second series.

Old 2008-01-14, 05:13   Link #226
Holammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpaka View Post
I too have been greatly enjoying Moyashimon and so thanks to BSS and others.
Between this and Sayonara Zetsumei Sensei, I'm pretty satisfied with how things are. Just wondering though, has there been any word about whether there'll be more Moyashimon eps forthcoming - especially now that BSS has taken on some more new projects?
AFAIK, the translator doing Moyashimon for BSS quit. Shinsen's status is unknown to me.

Mind boggles at the thought that some people have the gall to sub an anime which a reputable group already released halfway throughout a season, or trying to cut ahead of them with poor speedsubs.
Leaving precious gems like this untouched.

Last edited by Holammer; 2008-01-14 at 05:15. Reason: Spelling.
Old 2008-01-14, 07:16   Link #227
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, it mystifies me how this show has so much trouble with fansubbing efforts, though I understand the scientific aspects may be more difficult than usual. Compare that to something like Persona getting at least five subbers doing speed releases.

And we've yet to see Shigofumi and Noramimi being subbed. Actually, Minami-ke Okawari is sure taking a while..

At least it isn't the level of maddening wait for Gigantic Formula..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 07:19   Link #228
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Compare that to something like Persona getting at least five subbers doing speed releases.
Persona is based on a Playstation game, has action, gore and pretty animation. That's an instant win combination for a lot of anime fans
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 07:22   Link #229
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

True. Like how Devil May Cry anime had almost the same amount of fansubbers.

I can understand why those types of shows get fansubbed. But I think it almost defeats the purpose of fansubbing things others have been deep into and not subbing the truly great shows that goes under the radar or just isn't quite as popular.

I know I'm being selfish about it, but I think filling in the gaps for the shows that are less-subbed is pretty important as far as this hobby is concerned.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 07:41   Link #230
Holammer

In the end it boils down to the amount of Epeen you gain by doing popular stuff I guess, and while I'm using that silly expression I'd officially recommend using the term Ewillie instead. That's what the Zero Punctuation guy would call it I'm sure.

Moyashimon got:
Spoiler for plot:
... and still people avoid it like a leper. Just watch Rosario to Vampire, Spice and Wolf as you watch this space. Bamboo Blade is fine too.
Old 2008-01-14, 07:56   Link #231
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holammer View Post
In the end it boils down to the amount of Epeen you gain by doing popular stuff I guess, and while I'm using that silly expression I'd officially recommend using the term Ewillie instead. That's what the Zero Punctuation guy would call it I'm sure.

Moyashimon got:
Spoiler for plot:
... and still people avoid it like a leper. Just watch Rosario to Vampire, Spice and Wolf as you watch this space. Bamboo Blade is fine too.
Yes, it's a shame about the state of fansubbing, my brief stink with fansubbing scene left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and remind me of a backward and outdated attitude (of the ones i've met anyway)

I guess i'll just have to leave it for people who can survive in that environment.

dunno about the vampire one, but the other two are high on my list along with all Macross Universe.

seems like great minds, think a like.
Old 2008-01-14, 08:07   Link #232
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Ahem, this is the discussion thread for the anime Moyashimon.

Can we get back on topic please.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 10:35   Link #233
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holammer View Post
AFAIK, the translator doing Moyashimon for BSS quit. Shinsen's status is unknown to me.
According to their site, the only reason we don't have more subs is due to RL issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS Website
As for Moyashimon, you’ll have your microbe animu soon, as soon as whatapath gets back from RL and does the signs.
BTW anyone know what that piece of bread says in the last episode?
Old 2008-01-15, 13:26   Link #234
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode seven was completely out of this world --- a random turn of events if i do say so myself. Most of the facial expressions in this one had me laughing so hard.
Old 2008-01-15, 15:25   Link #235
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
True. Like how Devil May Cry anime had almost the same amount of fansubbers.

I can understand why those types of shows get fansubbed. But I think it almost defeats the purpose of fansubbing things others have been deep into and not subbing the truly great shows that goes under the radar or just isn't quite as popular.

I know I'm being selfish about it, but I think filling in the gaps for the shows that are less-subbed is pretty important as far as this hobby is concerned.
Remember that you have to get a person that can translate the show plus is interested in watching the show.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:28   Link #236
Holammer

Man I stoked seeing a new episode (#7) after all this wait. It really sets the scene for weirdness in upcoming episodes.
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2008-01-15, 17:19   Link #237
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Thank you, SEES! This is one of the weirdest good anime I've seen, and I was afraid it was dead
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 19:54   Link #238
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

for your information.. there are some .ass files of moyashimon 7-9 and 11 on rapidshare/whatever (use rapidsearch). Just use those with the raws.. and that one untranslated episode 10, well, you might consider watching it raw :P

Anyway.. as i just finished watching moshiyamon, I must say I enjoyed it.. a lot :P As mentioned, it has everything, crossdressing, boy-boy, girl-girl, cute germs, humour, a little drama .. Best (also very original) anime i've watched in a long time..
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 20:14   Link #239
Dop
Mmmm....

Aah, fantastic. Thanks to SEES for picking up the slack on this one.

What a bizarre festival, with the locked gates, special money, and the weird rules.
As for Itsuki-sensei, what can I say, the man is a god! Selling aphrodisiacs to students, what a brilliant idea.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 03:51   Link #240
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
for your information.. there are some .ass files of moyashimon 7-9 and 11 on rapidshare/whatever (use rapidsearch). Just use those with the raws.. and that one untranslated episode 10, well, you might consider watching it raw :P

Anyway.. as i just finished watching moshiyamon, I must say I enjoyed it.. a lot :P As mentioned, it has everything, crossdressing, boy-boy, girl-girl, cute germs, humour, a little drama .. Best (also very original) anime i've watched in a long time..
There actually is a translation for ep 10.
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, seinen