Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-24, 01:08   Link #21
G.o.S
~desu♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Do you know how many chapters of Natsu is out already?
First three volume are listed on amazon.co.jp and the 4th volume is up for pre-order (publish date is 11/27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Shaft has Bakemonogatari (presumably) in Spring, so no. Judging from the title, it should be Summer.
Aside from Bakemonogatari, there are two other shows that SHAFT will work on for 2009: Shina Dark and Maria Holic, both which were announced long ago. I didnt remember SHAFT doing 2 shows in 1 season before. SHAFT did 3 TV series (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hidamari Sketch and ef memories) in 2007 with 1 movie, Kino no Tabi, and then went on with sequels of their previous year's TV series (ZSZS, Hidamari x365 and ef melodies) with 2 or 3 more OVAs. tl;dr They usually went with 1-show-per-season schedules. So I am assuming that they have meet their quota for 2009 with 4 new TV series. We'll see. Maybe they are just doing good in businesses lately. But I completely agree with you that it would be appropriate to air Natsu for summer 2009
Old 2008-11-24, 01:25   Link #22
ZODDGUTS

I'm pretty sure shaft isn't currently doing Shina Dark nor will it will appear next year. Check the anime section for Shina Dark for more info.
Old 2008-11-24, 06:07   Link #23
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.o.S View Post
Aside from Bakemonogatari, there are two other shows that SHAFT will work on for 2009: Shina Dark and Maria Holic, both which were announced long ago. I didnt remember SHAFT doing 2 shows in 1 season before. SHAFT did 3 TV series (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hidamari Sketch and ef memories) in 2007 with 1 movie, Kino no Tabi, and then went on with sequels of their previous year's TV series (ZSZS, Hidamari x365 and ef melodies) with 2 or 3 more OVAs. tl;dr They usually went with 1-show-per-season schedules. So I am assuming that they have meet their quota for 2009 with 4 new TV series. We'll see. Maybe they are just doing good in businesses lately. But I completely agree with you that it would be appropriate to air Natsu for summer 2009
They're not going to do Shina Dark any time soon. Shaft's website listed the anime as "Music Clip Animation" (which is the DVD bundled with third volume of manga.) Even if they're going to do the TV series, the manga stock won't going to be enough.

Last year, they were doing three anime in January: Negima, Hidamari Sketch and Kino no Tabi; this caused them a load of schedule problem. I believe this year's situation is much better. (<blatant advertising>Already wrote about this in my noisy blog</blatant advertising>)

So yeah, they'll do only one anime per season and Summer is free (assuming Bakemonogatari is 13-episodes). It would be perfectly approriate to air Natsu no Arashi for Summer 2009.
Old 2008-11-29, 07:43   Link #24
moshika

manga volume 4 is out.

Last edited by moshika; 2008-12-30 at 07:22.
Old 2008-11-30, 11:10   Link #25
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems there KJ altered the first design of Kaya/Kaja so she won't look like the hybird of Yakumo and Eri. I wonder how will this look like and SOUND like in anime. Knowing KJ is more of a joker than a ecchi guy.
Old 2008-11-30, 13:06   Link #26
Solafighter
Hige

Mh yeah, i just remember, i wanted to read the manga. I will read it tomorrow.

Still only the first 8 chapters out, or already more out, kenji?
Old 2008-12-01, 06:46   Link #27
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Only the 8 chapters are out scanlated, but the other chapters are raw. I dunno if Iam at the 3rd manga since it's raws and a poor scan. Will let you know if anything comes up.
Old 2008-12-01, 11:18   Link #28
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Only the 8 chapters are out scanlated, but the other chapters are raw. I dunno if Iam at the 3rd manga since it's raws and a poor scan. Will let you know if anything comes up.
Thank you.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:15   Link #29
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I have lost trust in Jin ever since the School Rumble fiasco. I feel that SR was too long for its length.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:35   Link #30
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Jin Kobayashi? Oh God, I do really hope he will give a good ending, not a cop out types.
Old 2008-12-03, 23:17   Link #31
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well this manga of his started slow and got interesting in the later chapters opposite of School Rumble, so Iam hoping now this will not have the same end as School Rumble.
Old 2008-12-30, 07:49   Link #32
moshika

manga chapter 29 is out.
Spoiler for save space:
Spoiler:

Last edited by moshika; 2008-12-30 at 11:33.
Old 2008-12-31, 04:11   Link #33
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

AHHH~~~!!!! thanks moshika for the awesome updates!!!

Can't give reps yet. Nazi reps are at me again

HENTAI KAMEN FTW!!! MAKE AN ANIME OF THAT!!! Also note KJ is not the original author of H-Kamen.
Old 2009-01-05, 20:10   Link #34
G.o.S
~desu♥

I just read the manga up to chapter 8 today. Now, I am really looking forward to this. The first 5-6 chapters are slow-pace and uninteresting, but it get really better in chapter 7, 8 with some really interesting plot. Also, this kind of manga material may go well with SHAFT/Shinbo style IMO.
Old 2009-01-05, 21:42   Link #35
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.o.S View Post
I just read the manga up to chapter 8 today. Now, I am really looking forward to this. The first 5-6 chapters are slow-pace and uninteresting, but it get really better in chapter 7, 8 with some really interesting plot. Also, this kind of manga material may go well with SHAFT/Shinbo style IMO.
I just wrapped up ch8 today as well and i am really impressed so far. I agree it did start slow but i really cant wait to see what is going to happen next.

Eri+Yakumo hybrid makes me go back into SR withdrawal

Yasaka looks like the bastard child of midget Hanai lol
Old 2009-01-10, 00:27   Link #36
kyouray
2D > 3D

StarChild official website has opened : http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/natsunoarashi
Old 2009-01-10, 10:35   Link #37
lswift84
Project D!!!

ANN has this listed as an adaptation so do you think they(Shaft) are going to add things to it (non-manga filler/fanservice)?

I have read vol 1-8 is that really enough info for the anime?
Old 2009-01-10, 10:41   Link #38
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for Trap:
Old 2009-01-10, 10:44   Link #39
sirn
田舎者言うな

Fillers, no. Fanservice, sure. Non-manga plot development, maybe. I haven't read past the first eight chapters yet, but I don't think the manga material at this point is enough for anime to concluded and I'm pretty sure they'll change the first five chapters in some strange way.

Oh and Bakemonogatari will be aired in summer, now I wonder when will Natsu no Arashi! airs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
StarChild official website has opened : http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/natsunoarashi
Ouch. It's Starchild again. I thought they were able to escape from StarChild this year.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:46   Link #40
lswift84
Project D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for Trap:
lol

Spoiler for Kaya:
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shaft, shounen