AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 21:50   Link #121
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I'd love to hear more on this particular thought...honestly might help me to remember the show since between now and (About half a dozen new season premier episodes) whenever during the day I watched the blasted thing I've forgotten most of it... *cough*

So you could say it didn't leave a a huge impression aside from their being a pink caddy, a cute maid with a gun, and some sort of crime syndicate. Ah well I think assassin #1 makes it worthwhile enough to watch for now.
There's intrigue, style, and erotic power. What more could you want?

I consider it one of the best shows this season--judging solely from one episode, of course.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:32   Link #122
Molenir

Definitely not impressed. As I was watching, each moment that passed only increased my feeling that the show was getting lamer by the second. Storyline thus far simply doesn't have much to offer. These kids are trying to figure out how to be free. In order to be free, just kill their master. Bam, mad scientist dead, story over and done with. But no, we can't have that. Instead we get Noir/Gunslinger Girls lite. Redone with all the cool graphics of the others, but suffering from some of the same pitfalls as the other stories of this type. This is based just off episode 1 of course though. Unfortunately I doubt I'll bother to watch another episode after the first. Just not interested in this kind of show. If I really feel the need, I'll just wait til its complete, and watch the end. That way I get the ending, and can just skip all the lame drama these types of shows feel they must have.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:47   Link #123
acrana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Definitely not impressed. As I was watching, each moment that passed only increased my feeling that the show was getting lamer by the second. Storyline thus far simply doesn't have much to offer. These kids are trying to figure out how to be free. In order to be free, just kill their master. Bam, mad scientist dead, story over and done with. But no, we can't have that. Instead we get Noir/Gunslinger Girls lite. Redone with all the cool graphics of the others, but suffering from some of the same pitfalls as the other stories of this type. This is based just off episode 1 of course though. Unfortunately I doubt I'll bother to watch another episode after the first. Just not interested in this kind of show. If I really feel the need, I'll just wait til its complete, and watch the end. That way I get the ending, and can just skip all the lame drama these types of shows feel they must have.
When have they said they want to be free? Currently they both are brainwashed by drugs and traditional methods. Just give it a few episodes...You dont know if they are going to runaway or not yet.
acrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:57   Link #124
Wattstax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffp3fdhgu View Post
I wonder which ending route in the game this anime will take? the title is requiem for phantom, guess it's not going to be Ein true ending, heh
Phantom is the name of the combination of all asassins. So it could just be the Reqiuem of this "Organisation" and therefore also the End of Inferno. I don't believe, that they will pick a total Bad End. I hope for the Zwei-Ending though.
Wattstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 12:40   Link #125
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Omg I missed the episode what happened щ(゚Д゚щ)
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:36   Link #126
Key Board
Carbon

episode 2 had

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:30   Link #127
Coruja

Just watched the first episode...

Hm, I loved both the Opening and Ending sequences better than I liked the episode.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:39   Link #128
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
episode 2 had

Spoiler:
Probably basing that on one of the endings in the OVA/game.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:57   Link #129
Mentar
Banned

Good ep! As a game fan, I was delighted by it, even though next to nothing really happened.

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 20:50   Link #130
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for Episode 3 stuff:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-11, 10:36   Link #131
bran
h e a d s h o t

I absolutely love this anime. Reminds me of Nikita. Carries a similar athmosphere.
The nostalgic background music is awsome.
The only title that caught me immediately alongside Higashi no Eden.

Farewell...and thank you.

Last edited by bran; 2009-04-11 at 10:53.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:34   Link #132
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Ep2 was alright, it completely gave the same hopeless feeling as one can feel playing the game. It was more or less faithful to the gameevents, while they maintained a balanced pace too. The only thing I remember they had to skip, was the knife training of Ein, but it is in the preview as far as I can tell, so they might squeeze it in there dunno. Not like it was so important anyway. The animation was decent, however for some reason I'm not fond of Claudia's design here, despite that she was one of my favorite characters in the game. IDK why Ein wear skirts all the time too, isn't it impractical for her anyway?
I'd rate ep2 as a 8,5.

So far I like the series, I personally think, it's a bit different than anything going on these season so far, due to it's depressing/dark nature. I enjoy it a lot more than the other ongoing shows, as they are so heavily based on earlier similar series most of them gives me a strange Deja-vu feeling, which makes me to feel uninterested or even disappointed in them.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:40   Link #133
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Awesome as always. The Zwei/Claudia interaction with jazz gave me a grin...

I don't know why, but I...

Spoiler for Don't read!:

Old 2009-04-11, 15:42   Link #134
Key Board
Carbon

Because she reminds you of Yayoi from White Album, perhaps?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:09   Link #135
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Anyway, I didn't expect Matrix music track to pop out near the end of the episode.
Seriously. If anyone is curious, he's talking about the bgm at 00:30 and 17:57. It's almost identical to the bgm in The Matrix Reloaded when Neo fights the hundred Smiths. It's slightly different though, so they obviously didn't pay for the original tracks. I wonder if what they're doing is legal.

Edit: The song is called Burly Brawl by Juno Reactor.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:24   Link #136
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Ep2 was alright, it completely gave the same hopeless feeling as one can feel playing the game. It was more or less faithful to the gameevents, while they maintained a balanced pace too. The only thing I remember they had to skip, was the knife training of Ein, but it is in the preview as far as I can tell, so they might squeeze it in there dunno. Not like it was so important anyway. The animation was decent, however for some reason I'm not fond of Claudia's design here, despite that she was one of my favorite characters in the game. IDK why Ein wear skirts all the time too, isn't it impractical for her anyway?
I'd rate ep2 as a 8,5.
Claudia's re-design isn't the best, but I think her characterization is spot-on at this point.

I'm happy to see the knife training in the next episode preview since, in all honesty, I don't like Bee-Train's gunfights that much so anything that tries to showcase something else helps.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 18:55   Link #137
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep2 was even better than ep1, for me. The atmosphere, story and characters worked.

Takagaki Ayahi, who plays Ein, is terrific, in my opinion. I could picture Toyoguchi Megumi doing this role, and I think Ayahime is at least as good as she would have been. As Noe in True Tears and Otome in Da Capo2, she gave us some great emoting, and she has given us both that and some great tough hopelessness in this show. I'm enjoying Irino Miyu as Zwei, too.
Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-11 at 19:41.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 19:08   Link #138
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Because she reminds you of Yayoi from White Album, perhaps?
Because's Claudia by Aya makes her so damn sexy and husky.

Old 2009-04-11, 20:04   Link #139
Snooker
Call me neet.

Excellent prologue! darkworld of mafia impressed me.
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 04:54   Link #140
cereal_killerxx

Saw the first two episodes. I think this is the best anime this season. Nice opening and ending, BGM, and the characters and plot seem like they have alot of potential. Also...

Spoiler for Episode 3:
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen