Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-27, 02:23   Link #21
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
LOL, really? I was under the impression it's a fairly serious wargame?

Never played it though. So the story is pretty mcuh non-existent?
Heres the site for soldat, its a free game http://www.soldat.prv.pl/

And here is the description of the game http://www.soldat.pl/man/manual-en.html#WSTEP
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 02:26   Link #22
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Game with best plot=Metal Gear Solid!!!(hehe,Luffy style laugh)
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 02:36   Link #23
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Halo 2 isn't out yet.

So you're A) wrong or B) lying.
I choose option c... I live on the future... Jan. 5, 2005...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 14:02   Link #24
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Quote:
Sid_Burn:

I play Halo 2 on xbox... that's owned by my friend... not me... so... I must say that the plot on Halo 2 is much better than Halo itself...
Dude, you cannot be possibly playing Halo 2 yet because like the other people are saying this game has not come out yet. Bungie kept postponding the release date so often that I don't even know when it is coming out anymore. All the anticipations and the waiting, they better make this game right! They said it sure will be out by November but we will just have to wait and see. Beside I cannot wait any longer and so if you will excuse me I will just go back to my 'box and try out that "Truth and Reconciliation" level once more. Go'day!
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 15:05   Link #25
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINAL-BRAIN
Dude, you cannot be possibly playing Halo 2 yet because like the other people are saying this game has not come out yet. Bungie kept postponding the release date so often that I don't even know when it is coming out anymore. All the anticipations and the waiting, they better make this game right! They said it sure will be out by November but we will just have to wait and see. Beside I cannot wait any longer and so if you will excuse me I will just go back to my 'box and try out that "Truth and Reconciliation" level once more. Go'day!
It's possible, if unlikely, that he knows someone that works for the company with a beta version. Or he's counting the red vs blue series as "Halo 2" If any halo fans haven't seen it, I recommend downloading. I don't know if I can give a link, since it uses footage from the game (halo 1 multiplayer) I'm not sure how it stands legally. Do a search and I'm sure you'll be able to find it.
As for games with best plots I'd have to say star ocean 2 and disgaea. In so2 you can influence the relationships between characters. Also there's some predictable but still interesting plot twists. Disgaea, the plot isn't great, but it's really funny which makes up for it. There are some serious moments, which are handled well.
Old 2004-06-27, 15:53   Link #26
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Or he's counting the red vs blue series as "Halo 2" If any halo fans haven't seen it, I recommend downloading. I don't know if I can give a link, since it uses footage from the game (halo 1 multiplayer) I'm not sure how it stands legally. Do a search and I'm sure you'll be able to find it.
It's legal, the guys over at bungie(or as Tucker likes to say, "BUNGLE") apparantly love the series, they've gotten the redvsblue guys to do stuff at e3 for them, a new york convention, there's even a redvsblue video they've done for walmart that you can occasionally see on the display xbox's. The site is www.redvsblue.com but you'll have to search around elsewhere to find some of the older episodes or you'll have to wait for them to rotate them in. Or you could buy the dvd. Actually the first three eps of the first season are up right now so would be a good time to hop onto the series too.

Kudos to Disgaea as well, the plot wasn't hugely epic (well it wasn't given that kind of treatment in game, it easily could have been) but it had a very original plot unlike anything I'd ever played before and that goes a long way.

Last edited by Sanjuronord; 2004-06-27 at 16:11.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 06:25   Link #27
Ending

Have to think... Final Fantasy 6 had a good plot, but was a bit too combat-oriented. Half-Life had an interesting plot too, but not really in-depth enough. Baldur's Gate 2 had a good story with enough depth and side-quests, so I guess my vote goes for it (Have written a fan-fic of it too )
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 20:12   Link #28
bagelthevampireslave
You don't want to know

Send a message via AIM to bagelthevampireslave
Im sorry to say this but I'm a real sucker for Kingom Hearts and Ratchet and Clank. I don't know if its the game play or the plot that just kinda mixes together but I like them. Final Fantasy 7 is very good too.
bagelthevampireslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 08:19   Link #29
foxdie

Quote:
FFVIII was the second best storyline in the series...
oh man, that has to be the worst storyline in a FF ever. The whole orphanage thing was way to soft and mushy for me (second place for FFX). FFVII kicked those games in the story dep.

Vagrant Story had a cool story. As did Chrono Cross
foxdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 09:07   Link #30
Ending

Quote:
oh man, that has to be the worst storyline in a FF ever. The whole orphanage thing was way to soft and mushy for me
Speaking of mushy stories, someone really should start a topic out of this -my vote would definitely go to FF8.

Also remembered, that Disciples 2, despite being a RTS, has a pretty interesting story -especially with the elves and undead.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 10:37   Link #31
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

#1 Planescape Torment : play it, and you'll know why.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 13:00   Link #32
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Finally, someone else who agrees with me. WAY too few people played that game.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 13:51   Link #33
DukeGaladrien
Hopeless Baseball Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to DukeGaladrien
The top story for me was Chrono Trigger. The time travel and storyline along with the 13 (I think) different endings you could get really kept me playing this game. I definately have played and replayed it the most of any of the games I've owned (with only final fantasy VII coming anywhere close).

It's gonna be hard for any game to ever eclipse it on my list.
DukeGaladrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 17:29   Link #34
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Oh, it's definitely one of the best.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 17:55   Link #35
_Riku_

1.Baldurs Gate- I love thie plot... .unbeatable...
2.FF VII - also suuuper
3.FF X - one of my fave games ever
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 06:39   Link #36
Goshzilla

great plot

The Fallout series in my opinoin had a great plot setup.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 19:10   Link #37
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
You've probably never heard of it, but play it and you'll understand.

EarthBound
Best. RPG. Ever. Period.
I know I'll catch flack from you FF nuts out there, but anyone who's played EB will at least respect my sentiment. There has never been anything as psychotically wacked out yet deeply serious as this game, excepting FLCL, but it does take a stretch to compare the two. I can't describe the plot with any justice. An alien megalomaniac travels back in time to destroy the world, and is stopped by 4 destined heroes, who are inept teenagers, 3 with psychic powers, 1 with immense mechanical skill for weaponry, who quest to save the world by rescueing jazz/blues groups from unscrupulous theatre managers and kicking the crap out of insane Blue Cultists and the dreaded New Aged Retro Hippies. And did I mention the root of all universal evil is your fat next door neighbor who you defeat by turning into a robot? If that sounds stupid, then that's the beauty of the game.

BOING! ZOOM! DING DING!
ClancyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 00:38   Link #38
Draikan7

ahh yes earthbound owned, and golden sun is my favorite rpg for the gba so far. there's also a sequal. ffx plot was good, i didn't like ff7 tho...dunno it wasn't clear or something.
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 16:56   Link #39
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Send a message via AIM to fantD
1. FFVI: The game had everything at the time considering it was for snes... The leads were well developed, flashbacks and the world history were well portrayed, very nice twist of events in midgame, and it even had an opera haha.
Too bad no one plays the game cause its outdated.

2. FFVII: Found this very similar to FFVII but had a few too many sidestories and plots. The game itself had alot more to offer then FFVI but most were unnessary to win.

3. Chrono Cross + Trigger: Multiple endings, time travel, changing history?...
need i say more.
fantD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 17:36   Link #40
maxthelostboy

Suikoden 2 a tale of friendship, betrayel sacrafice and a classic all its own!
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote