AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 12:32   Link #5421
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Y'know, one thing Wakaki never really covered was exactly HOW Tenri fell for Keima. I mean he was still a shut-in and mad-gamer back even in his childhood no? I'd find it hard to believe such qualities would make it even possible for a girl to even have just a crush on him. Hopefully this will be covered eventually...

Anywho, isn't this the first "lover war" we've seen in this series? I guess that's understandable. TWGOK was never very orthodox for a harem anyway.

Just hope that Kanon can be saved now, then we can move along.~
Old 2011-09-17, 12:38   Link #5422
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Just hope that Kanon can be saved now, then we can move along.~
If Kanon would be save by this move then we will probably not see who has Mercury in the upcoming few chapters.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:43   Link #5423
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Y'know, one thing Wakaki never really covered was exactly HOW Tenri fell for Keima. I mean he was still a shut-in and mad-gamer back even in his childhood no? I'd find it hard to believe such qualities would make it even possible for a girl to even have just a crush on him. Hopefully this will be covered eventually...
Chapter 62, about their elementary school days.

BTW, I realize that Diana did have wings for a bit in the Vulcan Arc. I wonder why they don't appear now.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:14   Link #5424
Crackabad

these chapters just keep getting better and better
Old 2011-09-17, 13:17   Link #5425
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

BTW, I realize that Diana did have wings for a bit in the Vulcan Arc. I wonder why they don't appear now.....
Because she is unconscious that she has it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:08   Link #5426
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Going by the Apollo's meesage decoded thread on RHS, Diana seems to say
"WAKE UP SISTERS"

"IT'S TIME TO DO"

edit: I was putting together an alphabet from some other pics and found it was a "d"

Last edited by Decagon; 2011-09-17 at 14:48. Reason: adding pic. it was "to do"
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:11   Link #5427
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
What a great chapter 158 was! Just the sort of stuff I was hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Add Apollo for carnage.
Tell me about it ... and then Mercury? If she is in either Ayumi or Chihiro then fur would fly all the more, I think. If someone else ... well, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
They're going to wake Apollo up before we know who have Mercury?
So it seems. Well, at least they are going to make an attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I wonder if there is something with Diana not having a wings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
I think all it needs is for Keima to give Tenri some special attention. I mean, technically, Tenri was never 'captured'.
Quote:
It's my thought that Tenri's personality has a hand in this. Remember how she said that she's happy just being with Keima? It could be that this satisfaction (combined with Tenri's personality and semi-osananajimi status) hinders the natural escalation of affections that would have resulted in wings.

Thoughts?
Partly Tenri's fault? Maybe ... but it is also partly Diana's fault ... even though there is a part to her that does like Keima there is another part that still absolutely despises him. I agree that some attention to Tenri might help, but ultimately I think Diana is the real "key" here - she is exceedingly sharp intelligence wise (according to Apollo, at least) and is likely able to see quite a bit of the negative qualities of Keima very clearly. Having a sharp and quick mind does have negative aspects to it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Minerva was the best part for me. She was like a cute little daughter fighting for her 'mom' and 'dad' to get together.
Well ... for me too, but then I am a "Shiori-fan" when it comes down to brass tacks....
Old 2011-09-17, 14:23   Link #5428
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

We now know for sure that Mars is fifth while Minerva is fourth. So I was thinking why does Mars call her Minerva instead of Nee-sama? Is Mars REALLY younger than Minerva?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:29   Link #5429
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
We now know for sure that Mars is fifth while Minerva is fourth. So I was thinking why does Mars call her Minerva instead of Nee-sama? Is Mars REALLY younger than Minerva?
In actual Roman mythology (since it's different from the Greek Ares), Mars was born almost right after Minerva. Here's the summary from Wiki:
Quote:
Mars was the son of Juno alone. Jupiter had usurped the mother's function when he gave birth to Minerva directly from his forehead (or mind); to restore the balance, Juno sought the advice of the goddess Flora on how to do the same. Flora obtained a magic flower (Latin flos, plural flores, a masculine word) and tested it on a heifer who became fecund at once. She then plucked a flower ritually using her thumb, touched Juno's belly, and impregnated her. Juno withdrew to Thrace and the shore of Marmara for the birth.
Come to think of it, TWGOK uses the non-Roman Minerva, meaning the martial bearings of Athena isn't present.
Old 2011-09-17, 14:36   Link #5430
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Again - remember that Wakaki is mainly only borrowing the names of the originally gods/goddesses ... also that these are the several generations along descendants of the originals ... and also that the general themes of the original deities do not always carry over to those presented in TWGOK.

I think that is one of the areas Wakaki has used the most to "trip up" his readership....
Old 2011-09-17, 14:41   Link #5431
Sumeragi
Banned

I know, I'm just trying to find connections between the Greek, Roman (both within and outside of Rome), and the Wakaki versions
Old 2011-09-17, 17:27   Link #5432
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If Kanon would be save by this move then we will probably not see who has Mercury in the upcoming few chapters.
If Kanon and Apollo are saved, then Apollo can use her oracle powers and figure out who Mercury is.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 17:27   Link #5433
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Wait, so Minerva is a hikkikomori?

I am still inclined to think that Minerva is the youngest. Since Mars and Minerva are side-by-side siblings it could be possible that they even share the same birth month/date. And the same dirty ideas about love.

Spoiler for And this looks so WRONG:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If Kanon and Apollo are saved, then Apollo can use her oracle powers and figure out who Mercury is.
She is in Miyako. And Keima/Keiko probably has to devise a plan to make Miyako to fall in love with him since she is the most passive bystander of all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-09-17 at 17:45.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:00   Link #5434
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negi-bozu View Post
this is just too fun! However Diana is right, how is that she has encounter Kami first but he has no made move with her? Maybe it will be important in the future...
Isn't it pretty simple? The other hosts think that Keima loves them, Tenri knows that he doesn't love her.

Plus, he's never tried to 'level up' her affection in the first place.

Quote:
Huh? This was covered in her arc?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:51   Link #5435
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I believe Tenri fell in love with Keima before their little adventure into the caves.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 20:38   Link #5436
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Quote:
Huh? This was covered in her arc?
Well this is embarrassing, I totally forgot about that chapter ever happening. Not surprising though since I've probably forgotten a lot about the earlier parts of the story. (Thankfully the anime refreshed my mind up to Jun.)

Omimon does have a point, but after reading the chapter again it's easy to be doubtful about that.

As for the topic of Diana getting winged, I have a feeling Wakaki's biding his time for that, and will have it happen in an unexpected way.

Quote:
Screw Mercury. Keima has enough broads after him already!

Seriously though, I don't think it'll be necessary for Mercury to appear soon from what has been said. They will need her to combat Vintage yes but who knows how far away that is?
Old 2011-09-17, 21:18   Link #5437
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

This chapter was amazing. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for Keima.

Actually, I think I can do both.

Good to see that even divine beings are not above petty schoolgirl squabbles.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:18   Link #5438
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post

Good to see that even divine beings are not above petty schoolgirl squabbles.
Their version of schoolgirl squabbles are pretty divine though powers and moves that is unfair for the others
Old 2011-09-17, 23:26   Link #5439
Miraluka
Banned

Has anyone thought the reason why the goddesses are fighting over Keima instead sharing him is the same reason why only one run away spirit can reincarnate trough the woman who is the host?

In short, a goddess can only reincarnate once their host give birth .

Guess who could be the father?

Spoiler for Nora's buddy isn't that dumb afterall:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:10   Link #5440
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Nora's buddy isn't that dumb afterall:
Translation please

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen