AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2021-12-16, 13:14   Link #1
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden Season 3 Anime Discussion

While it was originally suggested that Magia Record's third season would wrap up before 2021 was out, it turns out that challenges in production resulted in delays. The third season is now (tentatively) scheduled for somewhere in Spring 2022, according to the official site.
Old 2022-01-26, 10:55   Link #2
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Here's a key visual for the third season, courtesy of the official Twitter account:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-04-04, 15:25   Link #3
Kazu-kun

Damn, what a total disaster. They literally spat on the spirit of the game by turning the story into one of Homura's failed loops. It wasn't like that in the game. That totally defeats the point of MagiReco.

Other than that, the writing was all over the place. They way they handled Nemu and Touka was sloppy at best, and Kuroe was a missed opportunity. Kuroe was an anime-original character but they could have done something interesting with her. They did not.

Overall, I think the root of the problem is that they tried to turn MagiReco into some sort of Madoka Magica 2.0, basically using suffering as main driving force for the story. That was an stupid move because MagiReco was never meant to be like that. It was a relatively uplifting story were understanding and cooperation actually did save the day. That wast the whole point, doing things different from Madoka Magica.

Maybe they just wanted to be done with this and forget about it. And you know what, I'm gonna forget about it too.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-04-04 at 17:12.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 17:16   Link #4
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I forgot to mention that all four episodes aired simultaneously. This one's in the books now.
Old 2022-04-05, 17:58   Link #5
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

sad what happened to Nemu, Touka, and Ui.. they only wanted to help Iroha. I'm also surprised to know that Chelation Land was created with good intentions in mind.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 10:01   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

truth finally revealed. Touka and Nemu still going to continue the plan.

can't believe that Mifuyu and Momoko both died.
Old 2022-04-22, 09:31   Link #7
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

Embryo Eve is causing a lot of injuries and possibly deaths. Ordinary people can't seem to see it? Since only explosions are mentioned in the news.

and the guilt is eating away Kuroe sanity. Hopefully, she can still be saved by Iroha.
Old 2022-04-23, 18:10   Link #8
Liddo-kun
is this so?

final:

sad, Kuroe also died. I thought she might be saved. But Iroha was actually saying the wrong things to her.

Touka, Nemu, and Ui (in small Kyu form) also die, sad that there are so many deaths in this show. Well, but their sacrifice delayed Alina from merging with Walpurgis.

and finally, Alina is the craziest person in this anime. She would have succeeded if the lolis did not sacrifice themselves.

that scene where the three friends from the hospital are sitting under the Sakura Uwasa.. one chair is blank. I think they're waiting for their iroha nee-sama?

overall, I still enjoyed this. With many lessons learned.
and I guess if Touka and Nemu survive, they might try to continue with the doppel system again.
Old 2022-04-23, 19:00   Link #9
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I rather enjoyed Magia Record: it shows that the possibility of overcoming fate exists, and it makes sense the animated adaptation would take the route it did (I've got my own, lengthier set of thoughts here). Games are meant to put the power in the players' hands, after all; by reintroducing the despair and struggle, Magia Record ends up staying true to the aesthetic of the original, while at the same time, suggesting that by the events of the movie, Homura and Madoka might actually be able to get a definitive ending.
Old 2022-04-23, 21:42   Link #10
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I rather enjoyed Magia Record: it shows that the possibility of overcoming fate exists, and it makes sense the animated adaptation would take the route it did (I've got my own, lengthier set of thoughts here). Games are meant to put the power in the players' hands, after all; by reintroducing the despair and struggle, Magia Record ends up staying true to the aesthetic of the original, while at the same time, suggesting that by the events of the movie, Homura and Madoka might actually be able to get a definitive ending.
What makes the anime different from the game has nothing to do with the players being at control or whatnot. It's mostly a difference of themes and tone. The game never tried to be Madoka 2.0. It wanted to do its own thing, exploring different things. Unlike Madoka, MagiReco embraced its maho shoujo roots. Things like the power of friendship actually made a difference. That was the whole point.

The adaptation betrayed MagiReco's core themes in order to make it feel more like Madoka. I get that some people could be fine with that. But it robed MagiReco from being its own thing.

And BTW, one thing that anime-only viewers will never know is that MagiReco wasn't supposed to be one of Homura's failed loops. In the game, the origin of the MagiReco world is more interesting than that.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-04-23 at 21:53.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote