AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 04:42   Link #7201
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - Not really. She asks Ichika who Dan was but that's about the extent of it. I'm pairing them together in daydreams as a crack pairing that, ironically enough, is the only pair that doesn't get blocked at the end.
Convenient crack pairing, the only one that's POSSIBLY works (besides Rin and Dan, or Dan and Ran, which is another type of crack)

Quote:
Side note - How's Nohohon's/Pikachu-san's personality? I plan to make her have something of an odd friendship with Irish.
She's cheerful, very cheerful. But it's either animation error or deliberate, Nohonhon is the one who's not surprised by Laura kissing Ichika....and she has Yandere dull eyes.

Anyway, she also has huge breast and wears skimpy lingerie under her overboard clothes.

Anyway, this article of Cracked feature three types of the technology used by Skullsuit Mark II (except the fast regeneration and telekinesis which is not one of them).
Old 2011-11-11, 04:52   Link #7202
Eratas123

@ Zero - that article is funny Only thing is, Irish has no psychic abilities or web swinging. ;p

For Nohohon - She hangs out at the student council room right? Irish has to also since he can't really roam around the school so the two will strike up a bit of an odd relationship. She makes him addicted to fullmetal panic and Irish takes Sousuke's example and starts hiding more weapons under his clothes. Nice job breaking it hero

Side note - How can you say she wears skimpy clothes? Her clothes are the baggiest among all the cast, disregarding Laura's pants.
Old 2011-11-11, 04:57   Link #7203
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - that article is funny Only thing is, Irish has no psychic abilities or web swinging. ;p
No, but sticky climbing gloves & shoes is CERTAINLY useful for him. Maybe even Mk.I can have them.

Quote:
For Nohohon - She hangs out at the student council room right? Irish has to also since he can't really roam around the school so the two will strike up a bit of an odd relationship. She makes him addicted to fullmetal panic and Irish takes Sousuke's example and starts hiding more weapons under his clothes. Nice job breaking it hero
At least Irish will learn to use non-lethal weapon....which used a loophole In I.S. academy rules (where self defense non-lethal weapon such as Pepper Spray, or plain wooden sword is allowed)

Quote:
Side note - How can you say she wears skimpy clothes? Her clothes are the baggiest among all the cast, disregarding Laura's pants.
UNDER those baggy clothes, wait while I upload the sample...
Old 2011-11-11, 05:02   Link #7204
Eratas123

@ Zero - This is Sousuke Sagara, the guy who threatens old ladies with pistols! You really think he'll learn how to use non-lethal weaponry?
Old 2011-11-11, 05:16   Link #7205
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - This is Sousuke Sagara, the guy who threatens old ladies with pistols! You really think he'll learn how to use non-lethal weaponry?
Sousuke DO carry less lethal weapon after Kaname chewed him for using gun and explosive unnecessarily, sometimes Kaname used it. I'm not kidding....it's in Fummofu, where comedy >> Drama. And there's no serious antagonist in sight, all his gun also loaded with plastic and rubber shell, and he's using a bear-shaped power armor...

It's also mass-produced, and used by Sousuke's 'underlings' (a group of Yakuza he trained with SWAT grade tactic)

Old 2011-11-11, 05:22   Link #7206
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Sousuke DO carry less lethal weapon after Kaname chewed him for using gun and explosive unnecessarily, sometimes Kaname used it. I'm not kidding....it's in Fummofu, where comedy >> Drama. And there's no serious antagonist in sight, all his gun also loaded with plastic and rubber shell, and he's using a bear-shaped power armor...
He only watched season 1. You know, the season full of seriousness and Yandere stalker Gauron? Sousuke wasn't exactly subtle in that season.

Side note - So she wears skimpy clothing under her baggy clothes right? The only reason he can tolerate hanging out with her is because most of her female features are obscured by her baggy clothing. Cue Irish tripping and landing face first on her "landmines" This applies to Laura as well. She acts very tomboyish and looks flat with her uniform so he can ignore it.
Old 2011-11-11, 05:28   Link #7207
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
He only watched season 1. You know, the season full of seriousness and Yandere stalker Gauron? Sousuke wasn't exactly subtle in that season.
Kaname of all people carries her own assortment of nonlethal weapon in third season, basically even darker than the first.

Quote:
Side note - So she wears skimpy clothing under her baggy clothes right? The only reason he can tolerate hanging out with her is because most of her female features are obscured by her baggy clothing. Cue Irish tripping and landing face first on her "landmines"

THOSE are what I'd call landmines...

Quote:
This applies to Laura as well. She acts very tomboyish and looks flat with her uniform so he can ignore it.
Laura IS flat, do you forget how she appears in swimsuit?!

DELICIOUS! FLAT! CHE- *Was shot*

I understand that you mean Irish ignore her cos she's not girly enough unles they're very-very close (as in cracky ship tease moment).
Old 2011-11-11, 05:44   Link #7208
Eratas123

@ Zero - Cracky ship tease moment? Hmmm~ It'd make Kyuukai start panicking though

Basically: These two could be trapped in a sauna with all their clothes off and they'd STILL ignore each other. Both are pretty similar so they're both all business when they're together. They look like a couple though since she's the only girl he has no problem making physical contact with at first. (There's Rin, but he avoids her due to the Yandere aura)

Side note- Damn! You weren't kidding when you said skimpy! Irish's gonna be trapped in Marshmallow hell for a while there! It'd make him have an anti-heroic BSOD
Old 2011-11-11, 05:56   Link #7209
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just realised that I took a short break from Athena Bouclier to plan future units for a sequel.... Is that a bad thing?
Old 2011-11-11, 05:56   Link #7210
Eratas123

@ Zero - Small part of the next Daydreams. Can you see if it's okay? It feels like I'm doing this from a guys POV >_<

Spoiler:

@ Stratos - No, it's not bad. Look at me. I write more drafts than actual story chapters
Old 2011-11-11, 05:56   Link #7211
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Cracky ship tease moment? Hmmm~ It'd make Kyuukai start panicking though
Balance with Having Tatenashi x Kyuukai, or maybe it's just Tatenashi being herself (?). Not only Laura, but Kanzashi will be pissed.

Quote:
Basically: These two could be trapped in a sauna with all their clothes off and they'd STILL ignore each other. Both are pretty similar so they're both all business when they're together. They look like a couple though since she's the only girl he has no problem making physical contact with at first. (There's Rin, but he avoids her due to the Yandere aura)
Both of them (TatenashixKyukai and IrishxLaura) is what people 'convenient' pairing, where similarities in their own self (physical appearance & personality between Irish and Laura) or situation (how Kyuukai and Tatenahsi are very popular) makes chemistry.

This is NOT necessarily from reader's or writer's perspective (although some reader tend to ship them anyway).

It's mostly from characters around them. For example, Nohonhon teased Irish and Laura for looking like chibi couple when they're together. Or that most student Ship Tatenashi x Kyuukai.

This tend to happen in real life too.

Quote:
Side note- Damn! You weren't kidding when you said skimpy! Irish's gonna be trapped in Marshmallow hell for a while there! It'd make him have an anti-heroic BSOD
I take full responsibility of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I just realised that I took a short break from Athena Bouclier to plan future units for a sequel.... Is that a bad thing?
All writer need a break whether they're forced (work, illness, exhaustion etc) or just plain bored/ has no drive.
Old 2011-11-11, 06:05   Link #7212
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - No, it's not bad. Look at me. I write more drafts than actual story chapters
I like that, planning and stuffs.

Quote:

All writer need a break whether they're forced (work, illness, exhaustion etc) or just plain bored/ has no drive.
My case is more of a surge of mental images for a sequel fic, including new Original Units. Feel like posting them here for opinions but I'm dunno if it's allright to do so since they're also spoilers....
Old 2011-11-11, 06:10   Link #7213
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
My case is more of a surge of mental images for a sequel fic, including new Original Units. Feel like posting them here for opinions but I'm dunno if it's allright to do so since they're also spoilers....
You think that's bad? I already have a DRAFT of Ichika and Charles' kid (not from each other mind you) and even their 'portrait'....

And before that, there's also 'final' battle' of Sacred Twins. Yep, some writer did just that, planning ahead.

No need to worry about it.
Old 2011-11-11, 06:10   Link #7214
Eratas123

@ Zero - The reason they fall in love with their respective partner is because they try to coax them out of their shell.

Irish and Laura don't try to do that to each other. They know the other has issues but they don't go out of their way to try to get the other to open up. How will they do so anyway? They're so similar that any attempt at comforting the other would look hypocritical.

Hell, Irish is basically a genderbent, darker version of Laura. Pale skin, white/silvery hair and even eye color (Laura's golden eye.). The VT system could be likened to the skull suit. An all black suit that covers the wearer and gives them extra strength at the cost of their health.

The striking difference between them however is that Irish is a Badass normal. Just a regular guy who learned everything through experience, while Laura's a Badass Abnormal. She was implanted with various nanomachines/implants that increase her aptitude, combined with her being genetically engineered to be the perfect soldier.

Side note - BSOD

Irish: *Rocking back and forth* It was horrible! It felt like I was being sucked in, that I could never breath again. I feel...tainted.

Side note 2 - Did you read the Daydreams draft?
Old 2011-11-11, 06:19   Link #7215
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Hence I said not necessarily from Author & Reader's perspective. If we Ship Kyuukai&Laura, they're official as far as author concerned.
Quote:
Side note 2 - Did you read the Daydreams draft?
Yeah, it's closer to the previous chapter than the earlier part of the draft.

I'm going home now, see if I can log in again there (since I and my brother fight for the ownage of Modem)
Old 2011-11-11, 06:20   Link #7216
Eratas123

Quote:
^ Hence I said not necessarily from Author & Reader's perspective. If we Ship Kyuukai&Laura, they're official as far as author concerned.

Yeah, it's closer to the previous chapter than the earlier part of the draft.

I'm going home now, see if I can log in again there (since I and my brother fight for the ownage of Modem)
Damn it, I relapsed I'll have to re-write it.
Old 2011-11-11, 06:28   Link #7217
HasuMasu
*Artist

Maybe when I get off my lazy ass to write more chapter my fic will get a bit more attention.
Old 2011-11-11, 06:35   Link #7218
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Maybe when I get off my lazy ass to write more chapter my fic will get a bit more attention.
Hopefully. You have to remember that IS is a harem comedy. Most of them go to the archive to look for stories of romance or humor. Serious stories aren't very popular to begin with. Look at most of the new fics now. They're more serious but get less reviews, parody fics such as Future imperfect or Rising Dragon: Ichika Orimura tend to get more reviews since they grab the audience's attention.

IS in it's core is basically just another Harem Show. Admit it, replace Ichika going to an all-girls school for some reason instead of being the only male IS pilot and we get a show that's 90% the same thing as before.
Old 2011-11-11, 06:38   Link #7219
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well then, lemme just place it here

Spoiler for Minerva Kai:

Spoiler for Proioxis:

Funny thing is, I sketched out the Proioxis before the Minerva Kai.

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2011-11-11 at 09:03.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 06:52   Link #7220
Eratas123

Laura's chapter has reached 3200 words. To anybody who reads Daydreams, should I split it in two?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest