AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 46 35.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 9.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.34%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-22, 14:03   Link #61
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
MUHAHAHAHAHA *dies laughing*
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-22, 14:04   Link #62
lea

I think the episode was well done. On its own, it not as strong as some previous episodes, but I think it was still high quality stuff and does a good job of moving the story to its resolution. The Jun scene was intense, and I think the situation was resolved appropriately. The cliffhanger with Noe has left me on the edge of my seat. It's just how I would like to feel as we move toward the last episode.

As someone who is impartial (with no preference for either Noe or Hiromi), I think that based on this episode, we may be moving toward a Shin/Noe ending. I would never discount Hiromi, however. If it is a Shin/Noe ending, I think that the writers have actually done a good job of moving it toward this point, and I don't think a Shin/Noe ending is unreasonable or bad storytelling at all. It is a story that has been building alongside the Shin/Hiromi story.

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Last edited by lea; 2008-03-22 at 19:46.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:09   Link #63
vio5555

Guys its a drama that was slated for 13 episodes.

Stop expecting every single episode to conclude the love story when there's still plot left to be executed. Step back for a second and realize that there'd be nothing left if they didn't leave parts of Noe/Hiromi to resolve themselves in episode 13. Granted that the series has been in resolution since the end of 9, it's just been winding to the finish and waiting for episode 13 for everything to become solidly clear.

We go through this every single week where it seem like a dozen Noe fans are ready to beat up on someone or a dozen Hiromi fans want to jump the ship, but some of the shippers need to realize that this perfunctory rush to judgment is getting more and more absurd every week.

Neither Hiromi nor Noe has had the reins to control the plot since episode 10, so the senseless "hating" on them needs to stop. Jun and Shin have controlled most of the plot since around episode 4 when they made their deal, and the ball was fully in Shin's court by episode 10 when he says he'll responsibility after Hiromi moves.

I fully expected Shin to make things clear by episode 13 and not too soon before since it would have totally tapered the drama off when he did make things clear. It's a drama, not a slice of life or any other kind of story, so it's obvious that the writers would try to keep the drama at a high level until episode 13.

Why in the world were some of you expecting Shin to make things clear in episodes 10-12, when the only thing that is 100% clear is that the drama level would have hit empty rapidly after he clears up his feelings...? I have no idea where that tendency comes from other than to suspect that the Hiromi/Noe supporters just want this to end in favor of their characters as early as possible, but still, that does not exactly provide an unbiased objective appreciation of the show's weaknesses and strengths.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:12   Link #64
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
MUHAHAHAHAHA *dies laughing*
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I would like to know how my previous post was taunting, hmm?
I see that my post gets deleted but the person's post who singled me out hasn't. I see that post as an attack on my character but thats fine and doesn't get deleted...but my post which had no taunts what so ever does...lulz w/e.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:15   Link #65
Stretch5920

I think it's mainly because the girls in the show hate eachother. Which is a nice change of pace from the usual "let's all be friends and do our best to win the guy" stuff. So the shipperfans follow suit and hate eachother aswell. Personally I am hoping for a Noe/Shin ending but at the end of the day I don't really care THAT much what happens, it's just a show and once it's over I will move onto another one regardless of which girl "wins" and forget about this one.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:16   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:

I would like to know how my previous post was taunting, hmm?
oh w/e.
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-22, 14:17   Link #67
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Why in the world were some of you expecting Shin to make things clear in episodes 10-12, when the only thing that is 100% clear is that the drama level would have hit empty rapidly after he clears up his feelings...? I have no idea where that tendency comes from other than to suspect that the Hiromi/Noe supporters just want this to end in favor of their characters as early as possible, but still, that does not exactly provide an unbiased objective appreciation of the show's weaknesses and strengths.
On the writer's part, nothing wrong with keeping us guessing till the last episode.
On the writer's part, nothing wrong with making Shin flip-flop till the last episode.

On our part, nothing wrong with us hating Shin for his flip-floppy attitude.

Right?

And this has nothing to do with shipping.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:19   Link #68
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler:
But he's right; Shin is just confused about what he wants and needs to do. He's been confused since the first time he told Noe that he liked her, when he sat in his room and he's like "Which one do I actually like?"

On the other hand it's not much of an exaggeration to say that Makoto was willing to go down on pretty much any female in School Days.

Either way, the comparison is almost completely unwarranted. Compare Shin with Hiroki from Canvas 2 who didn't sort his feelings out until the very end if you want a more accurate comparison.

@ w00tness

I suppose; but then again from my point of view it's more about expectation meeting reality. A lot of the people who are unhappy with Shin want him to act in some other way; like to make things clear in episodes 11 or 12. The contradictions in that kind of judgment of Shin seem fairly obvious to me since he's the construct of a 13 episode drama and for the reason I said above would wait till episode 13 to make things clear. Again, I don't think it's flip-flopping so much as it is that he doesn't know what he wants or needs to do, until perhaps he sees Noe struggling in her current state.

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-22 at 14:29.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:24   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
But he's right

Either way, the comparison is almost completely unwarranted. Compare Shin with Hiroki from Canvas 2 who didn't sort his feelings out until the very end if you want a more accurate comparison.
I know.

The human heart truly is mysterious. Unwarranted or not, it compared the two.
Hiroki? Sure, I'll compare the two... if I want to start hating Shinichirou.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-22, 14:25   Link #70
golthin

Quote:
Guys its a drama that was slated for 13 episodes.

Stop expecting every single episode to conclude the love story when there's still plot left to be executed. Step back for a second and realize that there'd be nothing left if they didn't leave parts of Noe/Hiromi to resolve themselves in episode 13. Granted that the series has been in resolution since the end of 9, it's just been winding to the finish and waiting for episode 13 for everything to become solidly clear.

We go through this every single week where it seem like a dozen Noe fans are ready to beat up on someone or a dozen Hiromi fans want to jump the ship, but some of the shippers need to realize that this perfunctory rush to judgment is getting more and more absurd every week.

Neither Hiromi nor Noe has had the reins to control the plot since episode 10, so the senseless "hating" on them needs to stop. Jun and Shin have controlled most of the plot since around episode 4 when they made their deal, and the ball was fully in Shin's court by episode 10 when he says he'll responsibility after Hiromi moves.

I fully expected Shin to make things clear by episode 13 and not too soon before since it would have totally tapered the drama off when he did make things clear. It's a drama, not a slice of life or any other kind of story, so it's obvious that the writers would try to keep the drama at a high level until episode 13.

Shin can't face Noe because he did a TERRIBLE thing to her. He is a coward at heart because of his good boy complex. I think Shin felt EXTREMELY guilty because Noe heard about him and Hiromi from Hiromi and not from himself. Hiromi is insecure about their relationship, after all she has gone through. People also keep forgetting that Shin has not broken his relationship with Noe officially. Noe has also not done so either, even though Shin wonders if the words she told him were for a break up.
My prediction is ShinxHiromi!
Old 2008-03-22, 14:26   Link #71
Stretch5920

It's normal to hate harem leads. They are all the same indecisive idiots.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:28   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler for shin confused?:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-22, 14:35   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Shin can't face Noe because he did a TERRIBLE thing to her. He is a coward at heart because of his good boy complex. I think Shin felt EXTREMELY guilty because Noe heard about him and Hiromi from Hiromi and not from himself. Hiromi is insecure about their relationship, after all she has gone through. People also keep forgetting that Shin has not broken his relationship with Noe officially. Noe has also not done so either, even though Shin wonders if the words she told him were for a break up.
My prediction is ShinxHiromi!
Well, there are only so many ways to resolve Hiromi's closing scene where she removed her sandle again. Given all the emphasis they've placed on that key scene so far in the story, I find it pretty hard to imagine that Shinichirou will just leave her there. He has to return, remove his sandle, and... <dot dot dot>

I still fail to see how this episode changed anything from before, but hey! Wouldn't be the first time I've not understood this thread...
Old 2008-03-22, 14:38   Link #74
Stretch5920

I really do not like that terrible childhood sandal thing. Is that the whole thing their "love" is supossed to be based on? Because neither of them show any interest in the other person with actual reasons behind it. It's just I like him/her.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:47   Link #75
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I really do not like that terrible childhood sandal thing. Is that the whole thing their "love" is supossed to be based on? Because neither of them show any interest in the other person with actual reasons behind it. It's just I like him/her.
Well, the writers had made it clear that this memory is very important for both of them. Usually shows that have a "childhood" memory involved for a romance use the plot device to tell us that is a destined pairing. I want to make clear that I am neutral and I am not shipping for neither of the two girls that are still on the running, my favorite already lost and it was written in stone in this episode! Time to cry all my Camrade as Aiko has completely given up! [She still has some hidden feelings even in this episode but she know is futile]
Old 2008-03-22, 14:49   Link #76
vio5555

Quote:
It's just meant to be an allegory for everything that they did together when they were younger... kind of like the corresponding past memories at festivals in other animes. They just choose to focus on the big moment in the past where like turned into love from Hiromi's pov in this case...
Old 2008-03-22, 14:57   Link #77
jaisrh

Quote:
That time was probably when Hiromi first saw Shin in that way and it became an important memory for her. Clues in episode 3 and 10 make me think that Shin had a good reason why he remembered it as well, because he showed a strong reaction when Hiromi told him that of course she would never forget such a memory after earlier saying that she had forgotten. That memory has taken on a strong symbolic meaning in the show. My prediction is that Shin in episode 13 will let Hiromi know that it too was a cherished memory of his when he comes back to convince her of his feelings and overcome her doubts about him and Noe.

Their current level of feelings did'nt just happen overnight. They have been classmates since elementary school and had a friendly level of interaction over the years even though they were not close friends or anything. So the initial attraction that started back then probably continued to grow over the years. I don't find that hard to believe or understand at all. Don't a lot of people start having feelings for someone because of a shared special moment and then have their feelings grow over time as friends? I wish the show was a little longer so that they could show their past interaction in more detail to the visually obsessed who have trouble believing anything that they don't actually see.

Remember that Tomoyo in episodes 2 and 3 kept insisting that Shin was the one that Hiromi liked. In episode 8, Tomoyo told Hiromi that she had thought that Shin always had his sights set on her and never expected him to go out with Noe instead. Tomoyo did'nt base her assumptions on what happened in the past year when Hiromi was distant with Shin. It was probably based on what she saw of them when they were still friendly with each other. In other words, the attraction between Shin and Hiromi was noticeable to Tomoyo in the time period before Hiromi moved into Shin's house. When Hiromi took an interest in Shin and Noe after seeing them together in episode 2, Tomoyo correctly guessed that Hiromi was jealous. We did'nt know for sure back then but the episodes since then have clarified things. The writers have given us plenty of clues to work with, it just seems many viewers are too visually oriented so they want a lot of screentime showing things in detail before they can accept it.

Last edited by jaisrh; 2008-03-22 at 17:15.
Old 2008-03-22, 15:48   Link #78
Rembr

Hilarious.

Could use a bloody ending. I don't see how else the yandere is going to be sated in one episode.
Old 2008-03-22, 16:19   Link #79
Westlo
Lets be reality

Cloudninja or anyone else who knows the ost, was the second half of track 30 used this episode?
Old 2008-03-22, 16:34   Link #80
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler for shin confused?:
I've always liked Nobuse and Aiko considerably more than the main characters this entire time through... they show mounds more strength of character, intelligence, and normalcy than the three mains -_-

Nobuse didn't want to break up with Aiko, so he made it difficult for her, but then he did the right thing and let her end it. Aiko just needed to do things on her own terms, so she dumped Nobuse (she probably only agreed to date him the first time b/c Shin and Nobu kept egging her on), got over Shin, and then starts over on a clean slate. At least they're both honest about their feelings.

Also, Nobuse seems pretty respected around school, and is all-and-all a cool guy.

I watch these episodes more than anything to see them, I'm indifferent as to who wins the wholly unexciting Shinichirou.
Closed Thread