AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-09, 23:46   Link #3501
Team Rocket Elite

Despite the massive increase in the number of voters, the results were surprisingly normal. The biggest exceptions (probably un surprisingly) is Hitagi vs Rin. What I expected to be a close match turned into an easy hitagi victory. Both Hitagi and Rin had been all over the place in terms of performance so it was difficult to get a good read on their ability. In the end, hitagi proved straight up that she was stronger. Mio vs Hinagiku was the other big match. The match was really close as expected but I didn't manage to correctly predict the winner. Taiga went on to do as expected against Shana. After seeing Shana mangle the other Kugimiya Rie characters, that's a big achivement by Taiga to stand up against Shana. As expected is not bad at all for Taiga. This match marks the end of the road for 34 of the 50 competitors. I'm certain we'll see many of them again in the future.
Old 2010-08-10, 00:48   Link #3502
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Heh, I will take solace in the likelyhood that Shana will come up short yet again in moe tournament
That is already a meme anyways, so the real question is....how far will she go this year before choking?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-08-10, 01:52   Link #3503
zette

Not a surprise that Shana won the necklace, although I really would have liked the Taiga upset. That's a nice poster of Shana though. A SDO of 99 in just 7 matches is certainly a remarkable feat. I believe her projected SDO was 93 but the increase is understandable due to Ui's upset of Fate last round and also Yami's close win over Nanoha in Round 4. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can top this in the future. So let's see... 3 necklaces in this season, #1 in the regular season for two years straight -- that's cool and all, but I wonder if she will choke again in DE.

Don't really like the fact that Yuki lost, but I guess I'm cool with Mikoto. Always so close, Yuki, always so close. I'm glad that Hitagi won, and interestingly that match was not as close as I expected it to be. Her DE run will not be nice though having to face the #1 seeded Shana in the first round. Holo did a nice job against Kagami. That's a nice way to go out and Rajura should be proud.

Somehow I had the feeling that Hinagiku was gonna beat Mio. I know I said earlier in the season that Mio going undefeated was basically guaranteed but that was when she was at her absolute peak and I thought she could maintain that strength through the rest of the season. Her strength started to decrease in Ruby and after that loss to Taiga (which of course was in part due to strategic voting), it was obvious that pre-Ruby Mio and post-Ruby Mio would not be the same. Both of them gave a nice showing though and it resulted in a close match. What a way to end the season.

And now, the month-long wait for DE begins.
Old 2010-08-10, 02:53   Link #3504
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Most of the results are expected except for Fate vs Konata......
Taiga losing against Shana is somewhat pleasant but at the same time hurts..... (One of them have to lose anyway....)
Other than that, normal results,
And happy that Bakemonogatari can never beat HnG in DE xD
Old 2010-08-10, 03:58   Link #3505
Gohan78
Awakened One

Why did they make such a long wait between Diamond 7 and the start of DE?
If it's to synchronize the ISML finals with the finals of Saimoe/Best Moe, why not just start the regular season a couple of weeks later?
I am afraid that this long pause might lessen the interest of many voters in ISML.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2010-08-10, 07:35   Link #3506
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post

I have to admit a part of me was happy Hina beat Mio, but at the end of the day, I was hoping for results to pan out so that Mio and Azusa, while Shana and Taiga end up in the same schedule section for DE. At least now we should get 1 decent final match. I guess I would've taken it if Mio and Shana swapped places, but what I definitely didn't want was Taiga to fall into Mio and Azusa's half. This made all the more sweeter when Yui ends up in Mio and Azusa's group, while Nagi ends up in Taiga and Shana's. This is entirely assuming the forecasted schedule the guys here put up is infact definite.

Now bring on DE, hopefully we get a schedule sometime soon? Be nice to see whether my hoping was all in vain or not.
As long as they don't change the rankings and they carry over:

Spoiler for Possible shcedule for DE based on rankings:
Old 2010-08-10, 11:49   Link #3507
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
If it's to synchronize the ISML finals with the finals of Saimoe/Best Moe, why not just start the regular season a couple of weeks later?
I am afraid that this long pause might lessen the interest of many voters in ISML.
thats not really the case, in D.E vote numbers always seem to shoot up considerably even after the month break.

Also the voting strategies on D.E are very different from round robin, dont be surprised if Shana, Hina, or Mio are taken out by unexpected opponents. Also I have a feeling Azusa could take it all here.
Old 2010-08-10, 11:56   Link #3508
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
We have to code DE, do lots of minor adjustments, and make that damn PV too. :P
Old 2010-08-10, 13:27   Link #3509
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
If Mio hadn't lost to Taiga, who would have won the 3 way tie with Mio, Hina, and Shana?
Old 2010-08-10, 13:36   Link #3510
hinakatbklyn

(If Mio beat Hina) Mio > Shana / Shana > Hina / Mio > Hina Mio would of won over both and would win the tiebreaker

(If Mio Beat Taiga) Mio > Shana / Shana > Hina / Hina > Mio Who has the highest SDO between the 3 would win the tiebreaker.
Old 2010-08-10, 13:40   Link #3511
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
If Mio hadn't lost to Taiga, who would have won the 3 way tie with Mio, Hina, and Shana?
Yeah, basically what hinakatbklyn said above. The head-to-head matchup takes priority in breaking ties at the end of the season, but it is inapplicable here since Mio beat Shana, Shana beat Hina, and Hina beat Mio, meaning that they would still be tied. In this case their SDO is used and if Mio had beat Taiga then she would have the highest SDO out of the three, putting her in first place.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:03   Link #3512
Eater of All
NOM

And with that, the regular season comes to an end.

I was hoping for someone other than Shana to win the necklace, but I guess that was too much to ask of Taiga. At least the poster is kinda cute. Hina over Mio felt great, though I can't say the same for Saber over Kyou. The Mikoto vs Yuki match... let's not talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
The staff needs it to make the numerous preparations for DE.

Equally important is the fact that the wait gives ISML regulars their life back for one month, before thrusting them into the madness that is DE.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:08   Link #3513
Sphire

I was randomly thinking about the what if scenario had Mio beaten Taiga, and as far as I can remember, I came to the conclusion that the top 3 would have the same SDO, same SAO, and the tiebreakers would not solve anything. So we'd then rely on VD, which would mean Shana>Mio>Hina.

I guess it's not particularly important, but that's what I thought would happen.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:16   Link #3514
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

the last thing u want to do is go against Shana in VD, since she has been the one with the highest VD every single ISML she's been, which is...all of them so far.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:37   Link #3515
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Gah... If only Hitagi was replaced with Fate.
Anyhow, I can't wait for the DE. All the contestants looks so formidable, especially among top 6 and mid 6, that all matches within those groups can go either way. And if you consider the factions and all those goodies...
Old 2010-08-10, 14:39   Link #3516
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
I was randomly thinking about the what if scenario had Mio beaten Taiga, and as far as I can remember, I came to the conclusion that the top 3 would have the same SDO, same SAO, and the tiebreakers would not solve anything. So we'd then rely on VD, which would mean Shana>Mio>Hina.

I guess it's not particularly important, but that's what I thought would happen.
Actually, you're right. If they had tied then their SDO would be the same since they beat the same people. I believe the SDO for all three of them had Mio beaten Taiga is 3387. So yeah if Mio had beaten Taiga then we would be looking at VD which would make it Shana first, Mio second, and Hina third, like you said.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:15   Link #3517
Mentar
Banned

Wowie! Hina really beat Mio? Quite an accomplishment - I was a bit disheartened about Hina's poor showing against Shana, but this result reinforces my belief in her resilience against top contenders!

I was really torn about Rin against Senjogahara - I absolutely adore both characters. So let's see how far she can get. Didn't Hina come from rank 16 to win it last time?
Old 2010-08-10, 15:31   Link #3518
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Wowie! Hina really beat Mio? Quite an accomplishment - I was a bit disheartened about Hina's poor showing against Shana, but this result reinforces my belief in her resilience against top contenders!

I was really torn about Rin against Senjogahara - I absolutely adore both characters. So let's see how far she can get. Didn't Hina come from rank 16 to win it last time?
she was ranked #11 but still a good accomplishment, although this year I doubt history can repeat itself
Old 2010-08-10, 15:32   Link #3519
hinakatbklyn

Hina as a #16, she would of had to face Shana in the first round of DE right away.

As a #11 she was able to avoid Shana until the winners bracket finals and then beat her twice to win the whole thing.

The highest seeded challenger I can think of that could come close if not win the whole thing would be Azusa at #7. Otherwise, Hina, Mio would have the best shot at beating Shana. (Mikoto's chances are low but not impossible)
Old 2010-08-10, 16:10   Link #3520
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
...Holo did a nice job against Kagami. That's a nice way to go out and Rajura should be proud.

Somehow I had the feeling that Hinagiku was gonna beat Mio. I know I said earlier in the season that Mio going undefeated was basically guaranteed but that was when she was at her absolute peak and I thought she could maintain that strength through the rest of the season. Her strength started to decrease in Ruby and after that loss to Taiga (which of course was in part due to strategic voting), it was obvious that pre-Ruby Mio and post-Ruby Mio would not be the same. Both of them gave a nice showing though and it resulted in a close match. What a way to end the season.

And now, the month-long wait for DE begins.
You are absolutely right about me being proud of her... see my previous post ... http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...62#post3183762

I'm already looking forward to next year!!! This is fun

Looking forward to this DE!

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting