AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 08:40   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 510 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Early Spoiler out...

Quote:
Title: An Unexpected Kinjutsu

-Madara falls into the sea of Paper. He attempts to teleport away, only to be stopped by a barrage of exploding papers (Konan and Madara both explain the extent to the teleportation ability). Konan reveals that she prepared 600 billion exploding seals just for Madara. The jutsu commences and Konan looks down at Madara expecting him to be dead…only for him to appear behind her .

-Madara survives…by using Izanagi!

-Konan questions how the technique works. Madara explains that only someone with both Uchiha and Senjuu powers can use Izanagi because…dunh dunh dunh Izanagi was originally the power of the Rikudou-Sennin! And it is a far greater ability than any of us suspected. Using the power of Inton (Yin Release) – the spiritual power of imagination; and the power of Yotoun (Yang Release) – the physical power of life, the Rikudou-Sennin was literally able to bring life into existence. It is from their combined powers, the Onmyouton (Yin-Yang Release), that the Rikudou-Sennin was able to create the Bijuu (by splitting up the Jyuubi into 9 seperate new lifeforms known as the Bijuu). This is the true power of Izanagi.

-Konan terrified by what she is hearing, asks just what is Madara?

-Madara explains that he is both Madara and Hashirama (I am unsure if this is literal or not). The battle at VotE was really to gain the other’s power. To become the 2nd Rikudou-Sennin (presumably Madara failed, and that is why he created Akatsuki, but it is unclear in the spoilers).

-Konan attempts to flee, and Madara mocks her, deriding her faith in Naruto and calling Nagato a sham that wasted his life. She attempts more techniques, but they fail before Madara. Eventually he gains the information he needs and abandons her after she collapses on the battlefield.

-Approaching the tomb of Nagato, Madara explains that Nagato was the 3rd Rikudou-Sennin, and that his red hair came from his Uzumaki heritage. He then explains that his hair turned white, at the end, because he was using the true power of the Rikudou-Sennin...

-end of chapter...?

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-14 at 10:42.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:12   Link #2
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Wow, impressive. He managed to beat most of the theories I've read and still have it make sense, I like that. Did he take off his mask, or simply state that he was both people?
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:15   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Soo..soo she didn't die!? OH THANK GOD ..for now
Old 2010-09-14, 09:17   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
Wow, impressive. He managed to beat most of the theories I've read and still have it make sense, I like that. Did he take off his mask, or simply state that he was both people?
It's unclear currently, and I am unsure if Madara is actually stating that he did attain these powers (he did somehow combine with Hashirama, or at least somehow come into possession of Hashirama's body's energy), or if he merely tried to and failed (I'm guessing that he tried and failed considering that he does not have the Rinnegan).
Old 2010-09-14, 09:18   Link #5
tarachi
Observer

Fusion?! The body of hashirama and the spirit of Madara? So Nagato and Naruto are blood related (distant)
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:23   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Not surprised. Although how you can possibly defeat an Izanagi, I have no idea.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:31   Link #7
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's unclear currently, and I am unsure if Madara is actually stating that he did attain these powers (he did somehow combine with Hashirama, or at least somehow come into possession of Hashirama's body's energy), or if he merely tried to and failed.
Perhaps he tried and only partially attained the powers. Then again, he may be lying because there's still a chance he's really Obito; they have the same sharingan eye on the same side of the face... Not to mention they have the same hair style, *and* they're both drawn in black and white.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:39   Link #8
SeanQ

*confused* so the rikkudo made the 10-tail? and had to kick its ass afterwards...?
Old 2010-09-14, 09:48   Link #9
neshru

This is all getting overly complicated. I wish we could just get on with the war.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:57   Link #10
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Woah, claps for all of those who called there being a relationship between Nagato and the Uzumakis.

What would this mean for Naruto? That he has the potential to gain the rinnegan? I don't think so....

His "bloodline" combined with the "power" that Itachi gave him could mean that he has the necessary skills to fight on par with Madara.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:22   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
*confused* so the rikkudo made the 10-tail? and had to kick its ass afterwards...?
He made the bijuus from the 10 tails chakra using his onmyouton ability, he didn't create the 10 tails itself. I admit James' summary is just a bit confusing ( )

Not too fussed about Nagato being an Uzumaki. So, uh, does that mean Karin is related to the Uzumaki clan as well?
Old 2010-09-14, 10:27   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
-Approaching the tomb of Nagato, Madara explains that Nagato was the 3rd Rikudou-Sennin, and that his red hair came from his Uzumaki heritage. He then explains that his hair turned white, at the end, because he was using the true power of the Rikudou-Sennin...
-CONFIRMED: Naruto's ultimate power-up will be the Rinnengan. Congratulations, Kishimoto on giving away your ultimate plot-twist full-swing. Oh well, not like I care.

-And YES, Konan lives even if she got scared. Its OK Konan, we still love you (some of us). Now you can give information to Konoha or something...
Old 2010-09-14, 10:43   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-CONFIRMED: Naruto's ultimate power-up will be the Rinnengan. Congratulations, Kishimoto on giving away your ultimate plot-twist full-swing. Oh well, not like I care.

-And YES, Konan lives even if she got scared. Its OK Konan, we still love you (some of us). Now you can give information to Konoha or something...
thats what i hope, and Naruto defending her by sayin she's a good girl now and will help. btw.. wheres Karin?
Old 2010-09-14, 10:47   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He made the bijuus from the 10 tails chakra using his onmyouton ability, he didn't create the 10 tails itself. I admit James' summary is just a bit confusing ( )
Sorry about that . I was unsure as to the proper placement of the action, so the combined text is a little stilted. And the description of Izanagi, despite the particulars, is fairly vague. Specifically, is Izanagi a part of Onmyouton (a technique that is only possible if one is able to use Onmyouton), or is Izanagi actually the name for Onmyouton? Because the spoilers are a little vague on the matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not too fussed about Nagato being an Uzumaki. So, uh, does that mean Karin is related to the Uzumaki clan as well?
And Gaara too .

Does anyone else remember the spoiler from a year or two ago about how Kushina secretly had twins, and Karin was Naruto's missing sibling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-CONFIRMED: Naruto's ultimate power-up will be the Rinnengan. Congratulations, Kishimoto on giving away your ultimate plot-twist full-swing. Oh well, not like I care...
Nagato being an Uzumaki might be the reason Madara gave him the Rinnegan...

That being said, I don't see how that means Naruto would attain the doujutsu. Nagato was given the eye, and Madara attempted to recreate it inside of himself (presumably he failed, but maybe he succeeded and that is what created the current body he inhabits).
Old 2010-09-14, 10:56   Link #15
kakakka

Some spoiler implied that Konan is dead....

Spoiler for 510:
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 11:08   Link #16
SeanQ

Lol so...was Nagato a mistake...because his parents sure as hell weren't uzumakis...
Old 2010-09-14, 11:10   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Spoiler for 510:
someone will save her =\

Please someone save her, ah hell I will *writes fanfic*

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-09-14 at 12:02.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 11:19   Link #18
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Nagato had Uzumaki heritage, well wouldn't he have a stronger life force and be able to withstand using Gedo Mazo? Oh well Nagato did say that him and Naruto were siblings.

I don't like though how everything is either Uchiha or Senju, my next guess is that Uchiha is to Hyuuga as Senju is to Uzumaki.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:23   Link #19
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
That being said, I don't see how that means Naruto would attain the doujutsu. Nagato was given the eye, and Madara attempted to recreate it inside of himself (presumably he failed, but maybe he succeeded and that is what created the current body he inhabits).
-Same way Madara tried but failed, except Naruto will succeed where Madara himself had failed. Which all the more reason for Konan to live and give the information to Konoha (Naruto specifically). If you'll permit me some indulgence. All the pieces are there: an Uchiha and an Uzumaki are present (Sasuke and Naruto). Since Naruto already obtained the Kyuubi's chakra, something the original Rikudou-Sennin created, which Madara does not have within himself (he has the other 7 beasts though). Additionaly, Naruto has been presented in the image of the Rikudou-Sennin himself (via his Kyuubi activation and his sealing technique used to entrap the Kyuubi again). Either Naruto is going to be the next Rikudou-Sennin or he's going to obtain his own Rinnegan that is unique only to him.

EDIT: Hell, Naruto doesn't even NEED Sasuke for this. He's got Itachi's crow within himself still. So yeah, wether Sasuke co-operates or not is no issue. He can just sit back and watch his friend out-class him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Spoiler for 510:
Spoiler for Konan:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2010-09-14 at 13:37.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:37   Link #20
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Not that it really matters since he has nearly a hundred spares, but I hope this cost Madara an eye. It better not be free.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion