AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-08-23, 09:53   Link #1201
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper1984 View Post
I have been trying to find a store that sells anime figurines in Auckland, New Zealand... but so far no luck... anyone here from that area that might know where the best place (besides the internet) to obtain anime figurines?
Hi there!

Have you tried this store?
www.graphicnovelcafe.co.nz

Last edited by JKL; 2008-08-23 at 10:10.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 00:19   Link #1202
Hsien_Jo
Stranger Than Otakus

Send a message via AIM to Hsien_Jo Send a message via MSN to Hsien_Jo Send a message via Yahoo to Hsien_Jo
Ciel from Lunar Legend Tsukihime/Melty Blood

Hey there, looks like the last guy you helped with figurines was my best friend Leon Rose, well this time Im here for the same thing on the same series. Today I was lookin up various Ciel figurines cause he was gonna buy me one so theres some I have seen some sold others, I wanna know where I can buy. Like I'm trying to compare prices so If any of you know any places I can purchase some of these Id greatly appreciate it.

This one I really wanna know about ass soon as possible, I have no idea where to find it I saw it in a random blog:
http://www.figure.fm/post/2003/Tsukihime%20Ciel/

*OMFG SHE HAS THE LAMPPOST TOO XD*

found this one today too:

If theres some other places I can find it, id be great, cause the site I saw it at was a whopin 85 US buxs, i dont want my friend to have to pay that much lol.

This one is a picture of the Type Moon FA Figurine collection, of Arcuied, Ciel, Rin, Ryougi Shiki, Saber, and Aoko
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/71101/4/0/0

Ive seen this one quite a few times, first time I damn near passed out though:
http://www.homemedia4u.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=4889

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm just getting into Figurine Collection so bare with me.
Hsien_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 00:29   Link #1203
Leon Rose
What?

Send a message via Yahoo to Leon Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_star View Post
And for her, I bought her here around half year ago and they still have some stock. =]
http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...oducts_id=6103
I found it, But....when it came in I guess fedex was treating her wrong cause her caster staff was broken But I sat there for about 10 mins straight holding it together with super glue
Leon Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 04:36   Link #1204
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

That Tsukihime figure set is over 4-6 years old. it was also produced in limited run. the only way you are going to get it is by going to toranoano in japan or finding a replica set from china or possibly someone may sell it on an auction site. I was actually going to buy it when it first came out but I changed my mind for some reason.
it was made by Spring http://www.hlj.com/product/SPG70001

The FA4 Figure Collection came out last year, you can easily get it off ebay or another auction site most likely.
but be prepared to spend 60-90$ for it, as the box originally sells for over 50$ and now you have to pay a premium.
try contacting this guy on ebay if no auctions show up (I think there are some though)
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...15258&frm=1883

That last ciel you posted is a resin kit. that means you have to build it yourself. and it was also produced in a tiny run, so you can only find fake replica kits now but that probably doesnt matter much to you if you plan to have someone else build it.
I dont know about that website u posted. you could contact them and see how much they charge to build it.

this Ciel is still available
http://www.hlj.com/product/SIT03036

EDIT:
OK I got my charu in

the packaging is good again and the box is quite big
the figure is not attached to the base, in fact, the wall piece itself is seperate and can be removed from the base
the figure loosely sits on top
Spoiler for pics:

Spoiler for and now for the bad news...:
I really hate when they do this, why? does it really save that much money in production costs?

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2008-08-25 at 07:52.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 07:44   Link #1205
ANimeFrenzyRocks

About Anime figurines???

Hi all,

I'm considering to start an online biz in my country singapore, selling anime figurines. But, I've since met with the difficulties of finding suitable suppliers. I've thought of negotiating with some taiwan shops, so I could get cheaper price and resell them to locals to earn a small profit. Yet, I could not find any online taiwan website selling figurines. Could anyone give me some suggestions on these, as I really would like to start out a biz that involve my passion..

Regards,

AnimeFrenzyRocks
ANimeFrenzyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 16:04   Link #1206
rainbow_star

wow, you really like ToHeart2 aren't you? =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
That Tsukihime figure set is over 4-6 years old. it was also produced in limited run. the only way you are going to get it is by going to toranoano in japan or finding a replica set from china or possibly someone may sell it on an auction site. I was actually going to buy it when it first came out but I changed my mind for some reason.
it was made by Spring http://www.hlj.com/product/SPG70001

The FA4 Figure Collection came out last year, you can easily get it off ebay or another auction site most likely.
but be prepared to spend 60-90$ for it, as the box originally sells for over 50$ and now you have to pay a premium.
try contacting this guy on ebay if no auctions show up (I think there are some though)
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...15258&frm=1883

That last ciel you posted is a resin kit. that means you have to build it yourself. and it was also produced in a tiny run, so you can only find fake replica kits now but that probably doesnt matter much to you if you plan to have someone else build it.
I dont know about that website u posted. you could contact them and see how much they charge to build it.

this Ciel is still available
http://www.hlj.com/product/SIT03036

EDIT:
OK I got my charu in

the packaging is good again and the box is quite big
the figure is not attached to the base, in fact, the wall piece itself is seperate and can be removed from the base
the figure loosely sits on top
Spoiler for pics:

Spoiler for and now for the bad news...:
I really hate when they do this, why? does it really save that much money in production costs?
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 15:22   Link #1207
Leon Rose
What?

Send a message via Yahoo to Leon Rose
Can someone please help me find these?
They're the new Characters from Disgaea 3 The Blonde haired one's name is Sapphire and the little Red Haired one is named Raspberyl Thanks alot in advance

Last edited by Leon Rose; 2008-09-02 at 02:22.
Leon Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 23:52   Link #1208
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Rose View Post
Can someone please help me find these? [...]
They're the new Characters from Disgaea 3 The Blonde haired one's name is Sapphire and the little Red Haired one is named Raspberyl Thanks alot in advance
You are going to have to get someone (or find a service) to bid on these, I think, at auction. Is that okay?

The top one, I saw at the last Wonder Festival, and may (should?) have seen the second there as well. I haven't seen either announced as PVC figures either, so resin kits might be all that is available.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 23:58   Link #1209
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
This one is a picture of the Type Moon FA Figurine collection, of Arcuied, Ciel, Rin, Ryougi Shiki, Saber, and Aoko
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/71101/4/0/0
i got this set last year off ebay. got the official tm seal and everything. if it was a fake it is a damn good one.

and i still taken it out of the box either.
Old 2008-09-07, 03:45   Link #1210
yakuri-moe

Everyone seems to take great care of their figurines ^^

I have one question: what do you do with the boxes? I have a couple of figurines with damaged paint job because of them falling or rubbing against something, so I kept the boxes for those I don't display. Problem is, The boxes are using too much space and I have that in limited amount. What's a safe but space saving method to keep those figurines you don't display anymore? I have read people putting them in ziplock bags and such.

Also another problem I have is those boxes are very pretty sometimes, it's such a shame to throw them away.
yakuri-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 08:16   Link #1211
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

keep your displaycabinets a few inches/a foot off the wall and stack your boxes behind them
Ok, doesn't really look good with cabinets that have a glass rear wall, but always plan ahead
Old 2008-09-08, 12:29   Link #1212
GameraBaenre

I wrote up a few more tutorials for figure building.
Eye painting tutorial
Masking/Enamel wash tutorial

Hopefully these will ease some of the apprehension towards building resin kits...
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 00:31   Link #1213
rainbow_star

The figures that I bought in August! Didn't buy much since I spend most of my money to fix my car. =/

btw, my blog is ranked 235,111 as of the moment I'm write this! =D

Spoiler for Pic Pic:
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 23:22   Link #1214
Jessi
Grumpyface.

Send a message via AIM to Jessi
Spoiler for <333333333:

L. <3
This is just a stock photo of the one I have, since my cam's batteries are dead.
It's all the same figurine, just changeable bodies and faces.

It's my pride and joy though, he sits on top of my monitor and no one is allowed to touch my little L. =3

Spoiler for Andddd...:

Another L, but he was a little cheapie one that came free with the third DVD. <3

Spoiler for Not a figurine:

But still precious.

Spoiler for <3 moar.:

I can't sleep without it. I'm not kidding.

So yeah... I guess you can tell who I love the most.
Jessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 08:37   Link #1215
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
does anyone know where i can buy one of these display cases in this size?
Spoiler for size:

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 05:48   Link #1216
sharlott66

I've got a mini Orochimaru figure hehe.
sharlott66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 08:16   Link #1217
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Random observation from Akihabara today.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 09:20   Link #1218
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Random observation from Akihabara today.
24x Hatsune Miku.

All 24 of them Hatsune Miku? And not just a box from the shop to help him carry a large number of other figures? lol we'll never know.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 01:07   Link #1219
alpha3six
913-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
does anyone know where i can buy one of these display cases in this size?
Spoiler for size:
I have some IMEX 1/24 Auto display cases meant for model cars. They're the right size for mini Nendoroids.

http://www.hobbymasters.com/index.as...S&Category=191

Note - I bought my cases locally. I've never ordered from this site.
alpha3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 04:34   Link #1220
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
duh.......... how come i never thought about that... *@myself*
model car cases would work great as an alternative.

thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
grease from your fingers does more damage then leaving them open to the air. never put them in sunlight. cases are mostly to 'prevent' people from touching/breaking them and keeping dust off. I hate dust. I use that mr.swifer static thing disposable brush.
i always wondered... when people say "don't put them in sunlight", does that mean directly? (as in outdoors). i guess the window seal definitely will damage them.
mine are in a glass cabnet (ikea detolf) about 2 metres away from the window, it definitely has SOME exposure to the sunlight coming into the room, is this still ok?

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2008-09-17 at 10:11.
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote