AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-10-08, 13:58   Link #101
Najica

i don't want romances at all in op D: atleast not in the crew, outside...hopefully not ._."
Najica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:26   Link #102
maewie

Romance in OP..lol

Never thought much of it, OP is quite romance-free. However; would be cool to see Robin x Zoro, they would look good together. And people, there are really NO underlying romance-tones here, so could as well pick from what looks good or what is your favourite characters.

Luffy xNami is one pairing ive never understood. Where's the spark there? Luffy is oblivious to women xD. Only person i can see him with is Hancock; since he has to open his eyes to that silly crush of hers sometime.
Old 2010-04-22, 19:44   Link #103
Netevolution

Luffy x Nami would be ideal, but i still believe Nami acts as kind of a "big sister" to Luffy. If they really WERE a couple, how do you think Sanji would react? Sani IS a ladies man. Women mean EVERYTHING to him! Im pretty sure hed just find another ship and more ladies to join him. Or hes a hopeless dreamer like Brock/Takeshi in Pokemon.

Luffy and Nami really do fit together very well as a "sexy couple" but the chemistry just isn't there. Perhaps being a "rubber man" Luffy really has no ineterest in sex
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:50   Link #104
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The "Happiness Punch" worked on him as I recall. Might be better to say his mind is so one track that he actually needs to focus on romance to consider it.
Old 2010-04-22, 20:13   Link #105
Jaieni

Luffy hooking up with Nami would be like Goku hooking up with Chichi.

...oh wait

Spoiler for stuff:
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 23:14   Link #106
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The "Happiness Punch" worked on him as I recall. Might be better to say his mind is so one track that he actually needs to focus on romance to consider it.
Oda explained Luffy only reacted to Nami's Happiness Punch because Usopp was nearby, saying he was only copying his bad example.

Luffy's the most dense and un-interested guy you'll ever meet when it comes to love. Frankly, I commend him for that. =p
Old 2010-04-22, 23:31   Link #107
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Saved his life, that's for sure.
Old 2010-04-23, 03:27   Link #108
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Well if it comes to romance then:
Luffy & Hammock
Zoro & Tashigi
Nami & Sanji
Usopp & Kaya
Chopper & Robin (maybe?!)
Franky & unknown cyborg lady
Brook... well he is just a perv and obviously a skeleton so no romance here
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 08:30   Link #109
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

I honestly don't like the idea of romance in One Piece, at least not right now but I'm a generic supporter of Nami and Luffy.

Though, hints have been made Nami might care more for her captain than she reveals. Since whenever she's in a life threatening situation the first one she always calls for is Luffy if he's around, but this could also be interpreted as mere trust in her captain. I don't really know, but I think she has a soft spot in her heart for Luffy.

But like I said, I don't want there to be any kind of romance right now. Of course, Hammock can daydream as much as she wants, that's just entertaining.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 08:31   Link #110
Kallen4life

Quote:
I honestly don't like the idea of romance in One Piece, at least not right now but I'm a generic supporter of Nami and Luffy.
same here

Quote:
Though, hints have been made Nami might care more for her captain than she reveals.
agreed .. and Robin too, though he did save both of them
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2010-04-23 at 11:47.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 12:17   Link #111
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

I've read somewhere that Oda noted that he won't make any romance in one piece!
Maybe it would break the crew up!?
Old 2010-04-23, 12:42   Link #112
Kallen4life

he did say that

nakama all the way to the end

poor Hancock
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 13:13   Link #113
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
he did say that

nakama all the way to the end

poor Hancock
This is why I don't want to see Hancock join the Straw Hats, since she is in love with Luffy. A romantic relationship among the crew members is not ideal. However, the intended love interest could be an ally. Hancock falls in the ally category.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 13:21   Link #114
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
This is why I don't want to see Hancock join the Straw Hats, since she is in love with Luffy. A romantic relationship among the crew members is not ideal. However, the intended love interest could be an ally. Hancock falls in the ally category.
Yeah! She could be a spy among the Shichibukai working for Luffy and the crew!
Old 2010-04-23, 14:32   Link #115
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

DBZ didn't really have romance in it but characters still got married.

I don't think we will see romantic elements take a lead role in the series but Luffy may end up actually falling for Hancock. But their "romance" may not be like something you'd see in something like Inuyasha and anime like that, it will just be treated as a "matter of fact."

Series may skip the whole courtship drama and romance and go straight for the married couple scenario for comedy and such. Goku and ChiChi worked.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 16:36   Link #116
maewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
DBZ didn't really have romance in it but characters still got married.

I don't think we will see romantic elements take a lead role in the series but Luffy may end up actually falling for Hancock. But their "romance" may not be like something you'd see in something like Inuyasha and anime like that, it will just be treated as a "matter of fact."

Series may skip the whole courtship drama and romance and go straight for the married couple scenario for comedy and such. Goku and ChiChi worked.
Yeah, thats what im thinking too. A married Luffy would be kind of funny

And: There has never been so much sexualisation of luffy as it was after he ended up on hancocks island. Made me wonder where Oda is going with that; it certainly put Luffy in new situationsxD
Old 2010-04-24, 18:04   Link #117
Rainbowman

The pairings I suggest you get used used to*:

*Note: I may be suggesting them because of the colors they represent (i.e.: Luffy-Red, Nami-Orange, Usopp-Yellow, Zoro-Green, Franky-Cyan, Sanji-Blue, Robin-Purple, Chopper-Pink, Brook-Gray=Black+White) and other times I'm suggesting them because of their feelings.

Luffy x Nami- Red and Orange are compatible in the rainbow lineup; makes vermillion
Usopp x Kaya- Kaya has enjoyed Usopp's company
Zoro x Tashigi- For some reason Zoro sees how similar she is to his friend Kuina
Franky x ?- nothing yet
Sanji x Robin- Blue and Purple are compatible in the rainbow lineup; makes violet
Chopper x ?- nothing yet
Brook x ?- nothing yet

Pairings I suggest you avoid:

Nami x Zoro- Zoro is to Nami like Rorschach is to the second Silk Spectre
Nami x Usopp- Even though orange and yellow are compatible in the rainbow lineup (makes marigold), relation wise they're more like brother and sister
Nami x Sanji- Sanji is a hopeless romantic with Nami; also orange and blue are not compatible in the rainbow lineup (makes brown)
Luffy x Robin- even though red and purple can be compatible (makes magenta), there is no solid proof of romance relations
Robin x Franky- even though Franky was an altruist to Robin, there is no solid proof of romance relations
Zoro x Perona- Perona is only a tag along to Zoro at this time
Luffy x Boa Hancock- Boa Hancock may have had a rough past to which Luffy can understand, but she seems like the type of woman looking for love in all the wrong places (her Devil Fruit powers being one of them) < "I don't trust her."
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 11:52   Link #118
Netevolution

Wll lets look at the bright side;atleast Luffy never has to use a condom
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 20:41   Link #119
Nin3h

Either way, Hancock's gonna be the Next Nakama. There's no doubt ( at least she has the highest chance at the moment since everything is in favor of her )

Romance in general term is both male and female are loving each other. In this case, Hancock has a crush on Luffy while Luffy is obviously oblivious to her feeling. Thus, it's considered one-sided feeling and not a romance.
Nin3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 04:20   Link #120
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3h View Post
Either way, Hancock's gonna be the Next Nakama. There's no doubt ( at least she has the highest chance at the moment since everything is in favor of her )

Romance in general term is both male and female are loving each other. In this case, Hancock has a crush on Luffy while Luffy is obviously oblivious to her feeling. Thus, it's considered one-sided feeling and not a romance.
I sure as hell hope she's not the next nakama, I don't think she would fit in. But considering her lovesickness killing her if she's separated from Luffy, it might be her. But I still hope it isn't her. And besides, what would happen to Amazon Lily if she joined them? That would be the same as revoking her Shichibukai status (if it hasn't already been) and the marines would go all blazing hell on it.

And while I agree the relationship between Hancock and Luffy can hardly be called "romance", I do find it amusing but also extremely annoying. I don't feel like seeing Hancock going crazy every page in every chapter as soon as Luffy talks to her or having delusional thoughts about him constantly; it's gotten old. At least to me.

Just my opinion.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote