AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 11:11   Link #461
Sxerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Why! Hopefully we won't have to wait another 4 years for a new series.
The ending fits perfectly with the start of the spring season.
They used 50 chapters for this season, and currently have 47 chapters unused, so maybe there will be an OVA or 2 within 6 months and then another season in a year or so.

Though, Coharu Sakuraba's other project "That Future is a Lie" has 44 chapters now, so maybe that one might get picked up before Minami-ke get another season.
Sxerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 11:27   Link #462
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When Hayami was about to tell Hosaka about the viewing spot, I thought this would finally lead to his first meeting with Haruka... then she decided not to tell him. GODDAMMIT! They even twisted the knife into the wound by showing him all alone ;_;

I have to say, Kana's plan was pretty brilliant. She's definitely a genius in her own way.

I'll miss my weekly dose of Minami-ke. This season was excellent, almost on par with S1 imo. Hope the show will come back soon.
Old 2013-03-31, 11:56   Link #463
sikvod00

I wasn't surprised that Hayami didn't tell him. Like GE said, this show doesn't want anyone to get together. Then there's the fact that Hayami just isn't a very good person LOL.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:09   Link #464
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's funny you assume that all Hosaka needs to do to get with Haruka is to meet her...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:10   Link #465
CptChaos

This was one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. Especially Hitomi was cute and fun to watch.
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:11   Link #466
sikvod00

@Anh_Minh: I don't seriously believe that since it's not the point of the show. I was simply joking....
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:40   Link #467
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I'm kinda pissed at Hayami right now. lol

The whole cast was there except for Hosaka being stuck in his own island. Alone. Again.

The universe hates him, but he still laughs right back at its face with unwavering pride and a feast fit for a king.

(Manly tears)

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-03-31 at 13:38.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 13:18   Link #468
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Poor Hosaka even though he's kind of a weirdo I felt bad for him to be left out in the end.

This season was the best sequel in the Minami-ke series. It captured the essence of the very first season it terms of comedy and artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Alrite first episode.
Glad we got some fujioka time.
Trying to make progress with kana step by step. At least this episode, he succeeded in making Kana wet.
Lol, that looked so funny and yet felt so wrong when that puddle of luke warm nasty water just spilled out toward her butt.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2013-03-31 at 13:38.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 13:20   Link #469
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Barley juice", eh.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:50   Link #470
broken270
Defying gravity

A satisfying ending. I am going to miss this show very much. What Kana did was very clever. They had to make Hosaka view the cherry blossoms from the opposite side of where everyone else was stationed.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 22:43   Link #471
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 23:05   Link #472
novalysis

I really, really pity Hosaka. First, the Barbercue... and now the Flower Viewing Picnic....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 23:19   Link #473
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

He needs to get out of the Minamki-Ke universe and have his own shonen series based off of cooking and volleyball.

Fist of the North Star style
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 15:29   Link #474
X207
Gamyūsa

i'll miss the series until it comes back. Kana was surprisingly brilliant there, not something i ever expected from her. Hyami and Hosaka ended up as it usually does lol, atleast he did find a nice spot.

Fujioka's soccer skills are mad as usual with funny results though Keiko did ruin a good moment. that particular skit was one of the funniest in a while.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 02:05   Link #475
Dawnstorm

Hayami meets Uchida and Yoshino? Ooh, the potential! The potential!
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:00   Link #476
Dark Wing

Season 1: Good
Season 2: Fail
Season 3: Double Fail
Season 4: Back to Being Good

As a result, I would like to call Tadaima the legit 2nd season of Minami-ke.
Old 2013-04-05, 12:27   Link #477
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm not so hard on the two middle seasons. The Second season had too much drama, and their director had trouble getting the timing for the jokes right, but after episode 6 (the dread episode of the hated one) their timing starts to work and we get some fun episodes. Also we got Hosaka being awesome a few times (GOD belt. Crushing heavy cans with his bare hands.)

The Third Season was fine on jokes. It has art issues. But without that season, we wouldn't have the Curry Fairy song and more interesting Chiaki-Mako-chan moments. Plus some other things they did very well.
Old 2013-04-05, 16:59   Link #478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The only awful season for me was the second one. It was so bad I couldn't even finish it. It wasn't the Minami-ke I knew and loved.

Third season was fine.
Old 2013-04-05, 17:14   Link #479
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What is odd is that the second season did improve later on as they started to get the timing down for the jokes. There was still too much extra drama involved. But it did end the proper way. With Hosaka laughing into the sunset (on a plane bound for San Francisco...where he thought Haruka was going).

Rewatching a little of this season, I find it odd that I seem to laugh more when Kana suggests doing something sexually suggestive to others. Probably because of the sound effect the show adds, the near-Bible Black face style eyes, and the puedo-70s blacksploitation (or pron) music that goes with those scenes. Particularly the donut sketch where it looks like the joke will be Chiaki and Touma pulling one over on Kana (the donut was never there to begin with) then switches to Kana licking her plate, followed by the close up serious eyes and the start of the funk music. The plate has powdered suger in it and the donuts Chiaki and Touma had did not have powdered suger. Therefore: Kana stands up and declares she will taste their mouths (with a swelling of the music to full tempo), closeup on Kana as she licks her lips with a weird effect.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:48   Link #480
Dark Wing

Okay maybe I have been a bit hard on the previous season and we did get some good moments out of the, but still they will forever go down in history as a "what not to do when making a sequel" example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Rewatching a little of this season, I find it odd that I seem to laugh more when Kana suggests doing something sexually suggestive to others.
Yea speaking of sexually suggestive. I don't know if it's because someone on the staff has a thing for Kana but it seems that she is being made more "attractive" to the eyes for some reason…

Tags
comedy, daily life, seinen, trap