Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-20, 10:29   Link #21
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
A Sora Evo is a nobrainer decision, but what interest me is that twitter tease of Estelle's silhoutte... (wearing her costume )

The portions look a little bit different than the original art, if I recall correctly... Possible sprite art update?

Wishful thinking : I still wish they could remake Sora/Zero/Ao with their Sen no Kiseki engine. >_<
Since it's such an older game, I think it'll get a bigger treatment. I hope.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 11:27   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Call me odd, but I'm of the complete opposite opinion here: I want to see the Sen titles done in the LOH VI/VII style. There were some little nuances with the sprites that I always enjoyed (like the fact that they weren't mirrored.... VERY rare for 2D games in general). Unfortunately, a "demake" of a newer title is way less likely than a full remake of an older one (short of it being fan-made, at least.... and even then, that would still take time to make, lol ).
I get your sentiment, because in many ways, I feel that a game with the design of Sora/Zero/Ao will probably be more 'timeless' than Sen. ( some styles age more gracefully than others ) And there's something about those type of games that's great too.

But to me, part and parcel of the fun in being a Falcom fan is seeing how their games escalate in ambition. From Ys I&II, to the Felghana/Naphitism/Origins, to Ys 7, to Celceta, and now Ys 8... even if they're not the most graphically impressive studio, they're a studio that has pushed the ambition of their titles further with each installment.

I'd never thought I'd see Kiseki make a full 3D transition, and they did with Sen, without compromising the insane amount of content they chock into said games.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 12:43   Link #23
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
^Doubt it. It's probably going to be a full voice remaster/remake by Chara Ani like Zero and Ao. I also want a Sen-like Sora remake but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. We will see.
Well, it comes with additional content, you know. Not just voice work! I wasn't necessarily saying it would be re-made on the Sen no Kiseki engine. Just that there would be more than the usual fair, possibly.
Old 2014-12-20, 13:19   Link #24
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Falcom teasing more news next week
Quote:
This week has been pretty busy for Falcom. But next week will bring more Falcom news, the developer teased.

“This week saw all sorts of news, including Tokyo Xanadu, our new Evolution project, B-Stream collaboration, and the release of our Trails in the Sky Second Chapter comic,” the developer said on Twitter.

“For next week, we’re preparing a lot more news, so please look forward to it.”

Both Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation release next week. Whatever more news Falcom has to share, we’ll likely hear of it through the magazines.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/12/falcom-te...qxZBlz9vMb0.99
Old 2014-12-20, 17:50   Link #25
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I've been reading the comments and looking at the pictures of this game. As a JRPG enthusiast... all I can say is.
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2014-12-21, 00:47   Link #26
marvelB

As far as Falcom's latest tease goes, rather than more new titles (though that would certainly be welcome), I'm actually hoping that they'll be announcing PS3/Vita ports for Ys Origin and/or Zwei 2. Those are pretty much the only Falcom releases in recent years that remained PC-exclusive, after all. Maybe they can even be given treatment similar to the Evolution ports (fully voiced, fully animated openings, arranged soundtracks, etc.).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 10:41   Link #27
LROlsson

Since Gematsu have already translated here are some links with info.

Falcom president shares more details on Tokyo Xanadu

Protagonist Kou and heroine Asuka. ARPG with free camera and jumping.

Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution for PSVita
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 14:55   Link #28
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

^Just going to post the entire article here for convenience:
Falcom president shares more details on Tokyo Xanadu

Quote:
An interview with Nihon Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reveal new details about the recently announced Tokyo Xanadu.

For starters, the roles of Kou and Asuka, the two characters that were shown to be front and center of this recent magazine scan, have been clarified as main protagonist and heroine, respectively. Though their roles might be defined in such archetypal terms up front, Kondo contends that in practice, their dynamics will be much more different and unique compared to what’s come before them. The smartphone-esque devices that they carry on them in the picture are said to be of utmost importance as well. Other characters will naturally be properly showcased in later announcements.

In terms of gameplay, Kondo reiterates in the interview that Tokyo Xanadu is an action RPG and that it’ll feature a free moving camera and jumping as part of its gameplay. Tonally, the developer wants to make a game that has a different feel to it than what’s previously been on display in its Kiseki and Ys games, the two franchises it’s predominantly focused on the last several years. This means that the team behind it is heading into uncharted territory for them. The fact that it has the word “Xanadu” in the title, however, is a very deliberate choice and there are scenes that should resonate with those who get why that is, Kondo said.

Progress on the development of both Tokyo Xanadu and the latest Ys game for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita are said to be roughly equal, but the former’s release is being prioritized for the time being. The game is currently in a playable state and the team at this stage is focusing on raw content generation. As for the staff behind the game, Kondo confirms that people who have worked on the both Kiseki and Ys series are on board for Tokyo Xanadu, as the team makeup doesn’t inherently stay static between games in those franchises. Philosophically, though, Falcom is striving to make a game that surpasses what they’ve accomplished in those other two series.

The target hardware remains unconfirmed at this time, but as the game is apparently known to be appearing in this week’s Dengeki PlayStation, too, that probably narrows the field at least somewhat.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/12/falcom-pr...OjZdXiLb79H.99
Old 2014-12-23, 00:02   Link #29
marvelB

Well, I gotta say that I'm really looking forward to more details about the battle system. Though honestly, I'd be completely cool if they just recycled Nayuta's battle engine (that's pretty much the perfected form of the Ys Seven-style battle system right there). Though with this apparently taking place in a real-world setting, I kinda doubt that there will be any fairies to support the cast with magic, heh.
Old 2014-12-25, 03:39   Link #30
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I know I am late.
But I just noticed Y's reference on the character's clothes: "Palace of Destruction" and "First Step Towards War".
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 20:40   Link #31
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
XSEED please. -_-
XSEED never, their translator nearly had a nervous breakdown and damn near went mad from translating First Chapter. (Or so the story goes.)

Now, Carpe Fulgar, on the other hand... the reason they've been so quiet for the last 4 years is because after they did Recettear and Chantelise, XSEED subcontracted them to do Second Chapter.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 23:11   Link #32
marvelB

^Uh..... you kinda got that story backwards.
Old 2014-12-29, 03:42   Link #33
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
UOU! I was completely unaware of that situation. It's really a difficult place to be in and I hope the folks at XSEEED won't penalise Cape Fulgur due to it,they do good work even if a little slowly.
Old 2014-12-29, 05:01   Link #34
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
I was unaware of the suicide attempt, having been going off this post, which was in 2013 and the only information I'd had for quite a while. As I recalled, Andrew Dice mentioned that XSEED's translator who'd worked on FC very nearly had a nervous breakdown with that game, given the immense scope of the project.

There's a certain sad irony there, and I'm sorry to hear of what happened.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 02:37   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tokyo Xanadu for VITA.

http://gamestalk.net/tokyo-xanadu-4/
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 11:10   Link #36
Kirayuki

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 12:45   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Adding on to that-

Quote:
Dengeki PlayStation details the first two characters:

Kou Tokisaka (Protagonist) – A 17 year-old second year high school student. Though brusque in his mannerisms, he’s not unfriendly towards others and is an archetypal modern day student all around. He uses a sword whip and specializes in mid-range attacks.
Asuka Hiragi – Kou’s classmate. She has an attractive face and figure, quick reflexes, gets excellent grades, and is class president. Though on the outside, she looks like a typical heroine… She wields a one-handed sword and specializes in close combat.

During the game’s modern parts, players will explore areas like the school and shopping district to trigger events before heading to the spirit world to progress the story. During spirit world parts, players will explore labyrinth-like areas and fight against enemies using weapons known as “Soul Devices.”
Next, tidbits from an interview with Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo:

Spoiler for Length:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 23:18   Link #38
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Sen graphic action game?

H-hopefully there won't be hard fps drop now

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-25, 01:24   Link #39
marvelB

^Speaking of Sen, the main characters even do resemble Rean and Alisa, don't they? That, coupled with the school setting might even make one think that this is basically Sen 3, heh. Wonder if some of the voice actors will carry over to this game, even?

Anyways, no surprise that it's a Vita title. And as I said previously, I'd be A-okay with them just recycling Nayuta's engine for the combat (probably without the little gear fairy partner, though). Also, I assume that it's still too early for Falcom to reveal more details on the new Ys title....?
Old 2015-02-25, 03:47   Link #40
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
, I'd be A-okay with them just recycling Nayuta's engine for the combat (probably without the little gear fairy partner, though)
I think it'll be different. They mentioned that the younger staffs are doing the initiative for the settings so I think they're going for a new innovative approach for everything too. Although I wonder how much developments will be covered by those new staffs.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
falcom, ps vita, rpg