AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-23, 15:11   Link #161
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
May we have a terminology thread, for those who may WANT to know what's going on? Ironic, yes, but can be helpful to those who are a bit lost as well.

i.e. - The Green/blue words. Witches, Kakera, 'The Logic Error', Epitaphs, etc. Just definitions or simple notes?
That seems like something we would want to put on the Umineko wiki instead of making a new thread for it. It's not something people would really discuss.
Old 2010-06-22, 19:13   Link #162
Maria-Chwan
Kikiki~

Send a message via MSN to Maria-Chwan
Wondering and Idea~

I'm curious about if Role-playing is allowed to be a topic? Is there a forum for it or not? If so can someone point me to it? Uuuu~...

Also, thread topic idea would be for the "Blue Truth", Battler's version of the "Red Truth".
Old 2010-06-22, 19:17   Link #163
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Chwan View Post
I'm curious about if Role-playing is allowed to be a topic? Is there a forum for it or not? If so can someone point me to it? Uuuu~...

Also, thread topic idea would be for the "Blue Truth", Battler's version of the "Red Truth".
They do some of that at /seacats/.
Old 2010-06-23, 02:03   Link #164
Pika_power

As the translation for EP6 is being split in two, I think the current EP6 thread should be renamed "[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 6 Dawn of the golden witch [Full]" and a new one should be made called "[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 6 Dawn of the golden witch [Patched]".
Old 2010-06-23, 08:45   Link #165
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
As the translation for EP6 is being split in two, I think the current EP6 thread should be renamed "[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 6 Dawn of the golden witch [Full]" and a new one should be made called "[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 6 Dawn of the golden witch [Patched]".
It's not the first time that Witch Hunt decided to split a patch and what we've done until now is use the translation thread to discuss the part of the Episode that is translated. After the full patch is released, the discussion will be moved to the EP6 thread.
Old 2010-06-23, 11:24   Link #166
ErenselTheJester

We need a freaking BGM thread dammit!
Old 2010-06-23, 11:29   Link #167
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
We need a freaking BGM thread dammit!
we already have one http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65812

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-06-23 at 12:02.
Old 2010-06-25, 06:34   Link #168
Pika_power

What's the difference between Spoilers and Speculations and the EP6 thread? I haven't dared venture inside either, but from what I gather, both are for discussing everything currently released. No real requests as such, I'm just curious.
Old 2010-06-25, 10:05   Link #169
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Episode 6 thread is for everything up to Episode 6.

Spoilers and Speculations is for everything that is currently released. Once Episode 7 is available, that will be discussed in there as well, but it well also get it's own thread too.
Old 2010-06-30, 19:22   Link #170
Kylon99

Actually, can we get an EP7 thread? I think we're starting to speculate on what may happen in that episode already.

In addition, do you think we should have a Nappi appreciation thread? I think there's a few other people who like her too. 8)
Old 2010-07-01, 02:04   Link #171
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Actually, can we get an EP7 thread? I think we're starting to speculate on what may happen in that episode already.

In addition, do you think we should have a Nappi appreciation thread? I think there's a few other people who like her too. 8)
Game threads aren't made until the game is released. Last time they did it before it was released was with EP 5 and...yeah that didn't go too well

Natsuhi isn't really a major character, so I doubt she's going to get a separate thread. I think sticking with the normal human character thread would be better.
Old 2010-07-15, 07:22   Link #172
TheWitch0fDivinty

Can we Get a Sibling Character discussion thread?

>3> In which we can talk about the Ushiromiya siblings, their lovers and certain episodes(EP)? Maybe even a poll too *shrugs*
Old 2010-07-15, 07:35   Link #173
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A general thread for the family is already available over here
Old 2010-08-04, 09:56   Link #174
ErenselTheJester

Can we have a discussion for fanmade games like the Forgery of the Golden Witch? I'm pretty sure there will be alot more will that came from and it might be fun to discuss.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:04   Link #175
LaplaceNoMa

Hey, could we please make things different this time? I mean, let's forbid ep7 discussion in 'Spoilers and Speculations' thread until the translation patch comes out. I don't know, make a separate thread for ep7 and probably keep all the spoilers there?

Seriousely, I've spoiled myself too much when eps 5-6 were released because of the S&S topic.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:33   Link #176
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
Hey, could we please make things different this time? I mean, let's forbid ep7 discussion in 'Spoilers and Speculations' thread until the translation patch comes out. I don't know, make a separate thread for ep7 and probably keep all the spoilers there?

Seriousely, I've spoiled myself too much when eps 5-6 were released because of the S&S topic.
The whole POINT of that thread's creation was for Spoilers, hence it is in the title. It would be completely missing the point to change the rules- I would think any speculation by people who aren't getting spoilered would go to the Episode 6 thread.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:37   Link #177
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post

As volcanic stated, the S&S thread was meant to let people to discuss with -everything- at hand, be it episodes content, interviews etc. Which is also the reason why it is also labeled as theory etc.
S&S thread is -not- meant to be a "discuss with everything available in english".

Individual episode threads are meant to discuss about the said episode (pacing, content, characters etc), as well as thoughts and comments in retrospect with what you have learned (hence why every episode guideline forbid any content from ulterior episode).
Therefore, if you wish to not be spoiled, I suggest you to stick with Episode 6 thread.

Episode 7 thread will be created on sunday because it will generate too much of a buzz, and it is likely we will have a lot of fake spoilers around. Although I'm not so keen to allow the spoiler thread free from this, it will be left open for its intended purpose. Any content that is deemed "trash" will be removed.
Old 2010-08-25, 00:12   Link #178
LasagnaProductions

I would like a thread posted about Umineko the Abridged Series by LasagnaProductions please!
Old 2010-08-25, 00:14   Link #179
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaProductions View Post
I would like a thread posted about Umineko the Abridged Series by LasagnaProductions please!
I'm pretty sure you can already use the MAD/AMV topic for that already, it's not limited to only those things. Any video with Umineko-related stuff can go in there.
Old 2010-08-29, 22:23   Link #180
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

I'm thinking of a "When did you start reading Umineko?" thread
with a poll going something like

-When EP1 came out
-When EP2 came out
-When EP3 came out
-When EP4 came out
-When EP5 came out
-When EP6 came out
-When EP7 came out

I've seen it done on a Chinese board, and thought it would be interesting to see the statistics of the English fanbase too
Closed Thread