AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 110 44.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 32.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 10.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 7.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.40%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.43%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-21, 21:50   Link #141
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Raki, you're REALLY pushing your luck here. First, a Claymore. Second, a Claymore almost Awakening. Third, a pyscho Claymore and an Awakened. Now you are hugging PRISCILLA during feeding time?? Hontou BAKA DESHOU!!
A little correction... he is hugging A NAKED Priscilla during feeding time, with her Abyssal boyfriend just behind them.

But don't worry. If he somehow escape that alive, he can still run to Pieta, that city surrounded by 27 awaked beings and that dawn lion. Talking about pushing his luck...
Old 2007-08-21, 21:59   Link #142
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Now that I think about it, do you think Raki could somehow be transform into a kind of Awakened Being like Griffis did in Berserk.You know somehow he is able to obtain that power and be transform into something like "Raki, The Wings of Darkness".I don't know just speculation.
Old 2007-08-21, 22:02   Link #143
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

H'm horrible massacre. At least I was prepared for this as an manga reader. However the way the slaughter was depicted in the anime was worse then in the manga.

Call me old fashioned but I do not like women being torn to bits even when its only animated. Still hats of for madhouse in pulling no stops here.

The Raki part which was added leaves me wondering how this will fit in with the main story. Especially since even a dull (but brave) person like Raki is probably aware that he is keeping very dangerous company..
Old 2007-08-21, 22:17   Link #144
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchking99 View Post
I wonder where are those manga readers that have the audacity to say"The manga version is way better than the anime".Where are they now? Guess this ep. proves that anime is far superior than a "piece of paper".
Manga reader here...so you're basing your opinion on one flashy episode? Where were you in the other 20 episodes? I enjoyed the gore...but Another LAME filler by Madhouse when it comes to Raki...

1) Just like when madhouse attempted to sell me that garbage just because they were too lazy to ANIMATE the Clare=Flora fight, they had to pass me that pathetic excuse that Jean butted in before the fight and Jean "wanted to protect Clare"? Please....

2) here's another one...I dont recall Raki catching Pris eating a human in the manga and Madhouse wanted me to accept that Raki didn;t piss his pants when Priscilla was eating a human, with Isley at his back, explaining that Priscilla was a victim of yomas...so Prisc eats humans because her family was victimized by yomas? PLUS>>>>she still continues to EAT when she's still crying! And that's drama? Sorry, that doesn't add up...Madhouse is a great animator...editing and story wise they blow.
Old 2007-08-21, 22:25   Link #145
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

It is irrelevant my friend, My comment stands correct.You are just pointing out "minor" issues.
Old 2007-08-21, 22:27   Link #146
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

If it's irrelevant, amigo why did u make that bold statement about the audacity of manga readers? No biggie...
Old 2007-08-21, 22:31   Link #147
almpagen

Just watched the raw, this episode is gonna be epic for the "anime" ending, cant wait for the subbed=)
Old 2007-08-21, 22:36   Link #148
Joka

First of all if Teresa was alive I bet she could whip the living fucking shit out of Lion boy and his lackies.

Second Lion boy was totally bad ass. I mean he he steamed rolled the girls. It was like a senior line backer running at full speed and launching his body through the air at an anorexic freshman girl.

Third I can NOT believe that
Spoiler:

Fourth to all of those dissing Raki because he didn't "kill" her I think you should go kill yourself for being stupid. Lets look at the following list:

1. Raki is a pussy
2. Raki is a human
3. Raki is weak
4. Priscilla is AB
5. She can kill him with in a fraction of a second.

So attacking her or trying to reason? Which sounds better morons?

Anyways sick episode.

EDIT: By the way that scene with Raki/Pris is so stupid. Any person who saw her eating would NOT try to consolidate her as they know that such beings.... kinda... sorta.... eat people.... and seeing that Raki is a person that puts him in a fucked situation.
Old 2007-08-21, 22:50   Link #149
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
First of all if Teresa was alive I bet she could whip the living fucking shit out of Lion boy and his lackies.

Second Lion boy was totally bad ass. I mean he he steamed rolled the girls. It was like a senior line backer running at full speed and launching his body through the air at an anorexic freshman girl.

Third I can NOT believe that
Spoiler:

Fourth to all of those dissing Raki because he didn't "kill" her I think you should go kill yourself for being stupid. Lets look at the following list:

1. Raki is a pussy
2. Raki is a human
3. Raki is weak
4. Priscilla is AB

So attacking her or trying to reason? Which sounds better morons?

Anyways sick episode.

EDIT: By the way that scene with Raki/Pris is so stupid. Any person who saw her eating would NOT try to consolidate her as they know that such beings.... kinda... sorta.... eat people.... and seeing that Raki is a person that puts him in a fucked situation.
I totally agree with the Mr. roowr ripping everyone apart...that was siiicckkk, action galore and made me quiet for a bit. Love it!

Your point # 4 and # 5...I agree it was another "genius" attempt by madhouse to re-write the episode. If you were Raki and Isley explained to you that Priscilla is a big-a** yoma (abyssal) and here she was eating another human....of course, logically you'll piss your pants, PLUS you already have your sword drawn and you get suckered in by her crying?

Raki...dude, add it up...naked woman eating human entrails? Abyssal? You are one meal away from desert. WHY would you "comfort" an Abyssal eating another human? Unless you've got the hots for her...
Old 2007-08-21, 22:50   Link #150
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Nope...That´s just you.

She behaved like Ophelia...She feels hungry and she can´t stop eating or else she will starve. She could have eaten the boy but she had control, meaning that this need of flesh is dominated like a human..unlike vampires that attack anything if they are low on blood.

There is also something that is clear. Priscilla knows what she is doing is wrong, otherwise she wouldn´t cry. But it´s survival of the fittest.

On the other aspect, Priscilla still has moralty.

Can awakened breed with normal humans?
Could it be, we have an AB stricken with MS (morality syndrome)?

Old 2007-08-21, 22:53   Link #151
Var
Banned

Good episode. Much like the manga... seems odd to have an anime only ending with it going so word for word (minus on scene). If they did, it seems like they'd leave a lot open but maybe they will tie that up somehow.

Anyway, fun time with the gore. Felt sorry for some of those unsuspecting first Claymores. 9/10 Seems decent.
Old 2007-08-21, 22:57   Link #152
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Or could it be that by eating that guy Priscilla went off her diet? Maybe she's crying because she's afraid she'll get fat? Raki will have to find a way to make Tofu that tastes like guts, and then Isley and Priscilla will never have to eat anyone again, and everyone can live happily ever after.

Although I personally think it's be a hell of a lot bloodier, with lots of screaming and dying, and eating people or no eating people, Claire is going to go after Priscilla's head.

Finally I would like to say that Asteroth from soul Caliber's weather prediction really did come true today. It rained Blood.
Old 2007-08-21, 23:11   Link #153
hamstar
just passing by

the lowest score anyone can give this is a 7. That's how sick it was. I expected gore but the anime went out of it's way to show other no-name claymores getting crushed and chopped to pieces.

I havent seen so much gore in anime since the eclipse episode from berserk.
Old 2007-08-21, 23:21   Link #154
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchking99 View Post
I wonder where are those manga readers that have the audacity to say"The manga version is way better than the anime".Where are they now? Guess this ep. proves that anime is far superior than a "piece of paper".
Actually, no. It still sucks, we just decide not to annoy anime viewers about it. The real gentlemen just watches and silently snickers.
(minor hyperbole warning)
Old 2007-08-21, 23:34   Link #155
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

10/10 IMO

the action was way over the top, chicks getting crushed, cut in half, impaled...disgusting but very well done. GG

the lion guy seems way too cocky and he's just brutal. I wish Teresa was alive so she could show him and his pawns who owns who. Although I'm certain Clare will go berserk or something and beat the living crap outta him in the upcoming episodes. Most likely next one.

As for Raki...LOL nothing to say there.

rooting for Clare, Miria, Deneve and Helen all the way!
Old 2007-08-22, 00:31   Link #156
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Damnit Jean... WHY?

Flora is the weakest link!

Kill the lion!!!
Old 2007-08-22, 01:15   Link #157
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
Manga reader here...so you're basing your opinion on one flashy episode? Where were you in the other 20 episodes? I enjoyed the gore...but Another LAME filler by Madhouse when it comes to Raki...
(...)
2) here's another one...I dont recall Raki catching Pris eating a human in the manga and Madhouse wanted me to accept that Raki didn;t piss his pants when Priscilla was eating a human, with Isley at his back, explaining that Priscilla was a victim of yomas...so Prisc eats humans because her family was victimized by yomas? PLUS>>>>she still continues to EAT when she's still crying! And that's drama? Sorry, that doesn't add up...Madhouse is a great animator...editing and story wise they blow.
I totally agree (I think we're in minority though), the fights were awesome but the thing with Raki... It was really lame, now I'm starting to hate Raki too. He should've tried to kill her or run away or piss/kill himself , he saw a monster eating guts and all he did was hugging Priscilla, he was so close that he smelled intestines that she ate, so all previous experiences meant nothing to him. Unless he's in love with her it is super far-fetched.
And yeah, I wonder too if Raki noticed that Isley isn't human, he knew that Priscilla is AB and no one besides claymores know that.
My rating for this episode: 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post

1. Raki is a pussy
2. Raki is a human
3. Raki is weak
4. Priscilla is AB
1. Eh... no, remember encounter with Ophelia and first AB he saw and was almost eaten alive ?
4 and 5. He didn't know that, he just thought she was a youma, and he would be able to kill youma
Old 2007-08-22, 01:45   Link #158
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I totally agree (I think we're in minority though), the fights were awesome but the thing with Raki... It was really lame, now I'm starting to hate Raki too. He should've tried to kill her or run away or piss/kill himself , he saw a monster eating guts and all he did was hugging Priscilla
If raki were to do any of the above mentioned actions it would almost certainly result in his almost-immediate death. For example:

1)Tried to kill her- She would most likely not be injured and might retaliate against raki in which case he would be annihilated
2)Run away- He would either have been caught by Isley/Priscilla and dragged back and eaten(or gangbanged then eaten)
3)Commited suicide- This would pretty much lead to the same conclusion as the first two just with less explanation

Spoiler for The reason why:
Old 2007-08-22, 02:40   Link #159
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I totally agree (I think we're in minority though), the fights were awesome but the thing with Raki... It was really lame, now I'm starting to hate Raki too. He should've tried to kill her or run away or piss/kill himself , he saw a monster eating guts and all he did was hugging Priscilla, he was so close that he smelled intestines that she ate, so all previous experiences meant nothing to him. Unless he's in love with her it is super far-fetched.
And yeah, I wonder too if Raki noticed that Isley isn't human, he knew that Priscilla is AB and no one besides claymores know that.
My rating for this episode: 7/10
Spoiler:

Last edited by hamstar; 2007-08-22 at 02:57.
Old 2007-08-22, 04:44   Link #160
Kerin
Shippou

Send a message via ICQ to Kerin
*sobs* I was not ready to see Jean killed like this *sobs*, and what the heck is Clare doing ? Did she forgot what Galatea told her about awakening, I hope she is not going to do anything stupid like awake... And what the heck is that Raki guy doing .. ?! What the hell are all doing ?!! Kill HIM! I hate HIM!
Closed Thread