AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-03-10, 05:43   Link #481
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
Hmm, I've been stupidly applying deinterlacing BEFORE dot crawl removal. I'll reverse the process, add Bifrost, and report back.

@TheFluff: ColorMatrix was automatically put in by MeGUI, and I assume it's some kind of filter for DVD sources. What's the best filter to replace this with?

Thanks.

Edit: Downloaded YATTA 7.13b6 from http://ivtc.org/. Documentation is.... underwhelming.
Eh, this tool is probably above my skill level, I'll likely just live with having one ugly episode if I can't fix it with notepad.

Source:

Old settings:

New settings (modified order and deinterlace settings):

Basically changed the field order from 1 to 0 in tfm, and added Bifrost().

Oh well, I guess there's no way to get rid of all the artifacts. Whack the mole on the rainbowing of the blond guy's shirt, brand new artifacts appear on the front guy's red shirt...

I am going to blend the frames and see what happens

Last edited by Zergrinch; 2010-03-10 at 20:50.
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 20:38   Link #482
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
What are you using to take your screens? The source frames you've posted and what I saw in AvsP of the sample you posted look very different. Yours look like they've been blend deinterlaced.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 22:48   Link #483
Zergrinch
Fansubber

MPC-HC screenshots for all...

I suspect I might have some sort of postprocessing deband filter active. Probably gradfundb.

Last edited by Zergrinch; 2010-03-11 at 00:35.
Old 2010-03-11, 05:30   Link #484
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

the dshow mpeg2 decoder included with cccp defaults to blend deinterlacing
if you want accurate source screenshots use dgmpegdec or mpeg2dec3 in avisynth and screenshot it in vdub or something
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 12:46   Link #485
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Tried two tweaked settings:

tfm(order=0,mode=5,PP=0).tdecimate(mode=1)

tfm(order=0,mode=5,PP=5,field=1).tdecimate(mode=1)

Short of doing it frame by frame a la YATTA, I think the second one is the best result I can hope for.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:47   Link #486
Desbreko
*Fansubber

If you just use blend deinterlacing to smooth out the dotcrawl, you might want to set cthresh=-1 so that TFM() will deinterlace every frame. That will avoid flickering between frames that got deinterlaced and ones that didn't, as well as make sure it catches all the dotcrawl.
Old 2010-03-11, 21:20   Link #487
martino
makes no files now

FFT3DFilter is also good against rainbowing, you'll just have to search around for the specific settings, if you can't get good results with Bifrost.
Old 2010-04-07, 11:02   Link #488
Vendonis

Hy guys,
I have the following Problem.
I'm unable to load mkv or mp4 files with avysynth, through DirectShowSource.
The Thing is that this Situation is only since yesterday, before that it worked fine.
Now when i try to load a Mp4 with a script like this:
DirectShowSource("D:\[Raws-4U] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - 01 (TBS 1280x720 H.264 AAC Chap).mp4", fps=23.976, convertfps=true).ConvertToYV12()
I get no Audio and depending on what VirtualDub version i use, the Video plays(1.9.0) or not(1.9.8).
When i try to load an avi via Directshowsource it works fine.
The mp4 and mkv doesn't have a Problem with mpc either.
The Things i have done until now:
Reinstalling CCCP
Trying to reset the Settings of CCCP
Reinstalling CoreAVC and the AACparserfilter.
The Problem appeared out of the blue, i changed nothing, neither rebooting the system or installing Something, my system runs 24/7^^.
I hope you can help me because with the current Situation i'm unable to work on the Projects of my group.

//edit
Sorry for my bad english. I'm not a native speaker^^
Vendonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 20:14   Link #489
salty
3D MAXEEER

DirectShowSource("D:\[Raws-4U] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - 01 (TBS 1280x720 H.264 AAC Chap).mp4", fps=23.976, convertfps=true, audio=true)

hth.
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 00:28   Link #490
Vendonis

Nope that doesn't work.
In Fact that was the first thing i tried^^
But it seems like i must clarify something.
It seems that the AAC loading isn't working not only since yesterday,
rather it seems like it hasn't worked since i upgraded(new installation)the Win7 Rc1 to the RTM.
I have come to this conclusion, because the files that worked yesterday contained vobis audio, and that works.
And the other thing is, i talked to our other encoder in the group and the aac loading doesn't work for him either, but he hasn't noticed that because he normaly exctracts the audio from the raw and convert it with an external Program.
So it seems it's a Problem with the Windows 7 rtm build.
The non Playing video in the new Vd was caused by the audio problem, because if i load the raw with parameter Audio=false. The Video plays.
Vendonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:00   Link #491
newfag

What's the most common method for deinterlacing transport streams in avisynth amongst raw cappers?

Sorry for bumping a thread that's over a month old, but it was only half way down the first page so meh.

And to the post above me despite that I'm sure you've moved on by now... run a filter tweaker and set your AAC filters to ffdshow.
newfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:05   Link #492
Meltingice
Klipsch

http://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/...ters/tivtc.htm
Meltingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:18   Link #493
newfag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltingice View Post
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Sleep first.

EDIT: Did exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

Last edited by newfag; 2010-05-20 at 18:28.
newfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 16:25   Link #494
Kristen
*Author

Here's a problem I've had, but gotten around, and is coming up again.

I have a Blu-Ray. It's 24 bit PCM audio, 2.0. I want to trim it, and then convert it to FLAC.

I load it into eac3to with

eac3to "C:\Downloads\S1\BDMV\Stream\00000 PID 1000 delay 0ms.pcm" "C:\Downloads\S1\BDMV\Stream\00000 PID 1000 delay 0ms.wav" -2 -24 -big

And I get the WAV file. But when I load it into avisynth (WAVSource("C:\Downloads\S1\BDMV\Stream\00000 PID 1000 delay 0ms.wav") I get the error "No compatible ACM codec to decode 0xFFFE audio stream to PCM (03.avs, line 2)"

I usually get that WAV file, put it in audacity, and export it, and then it works. But I can only find how to get 16 bit output. I want 24 bit. How can I do this without having to resort to mkvmerge?
Old 2010-09-03, 05:44   Link #495
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

For some reason eac3to always sets the AudioCompression field of the fmt chunk of the WAV file to FFFE, which means "use the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE header instead". I suspect it does this because WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE supports complex channel layouts (while the old fmt chunk doesn't), and madshi was too lazy to make a special case for plain ol' stereo. Naturally, to make your life more interesting, the old ACM model used by VirtualDub and Avisynth doesn't support WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE.

As for the solution, either find a program that supports WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE and can save 24-bit stereo WAV's using the old WAVEFORMATEX/fmt chunk header (sox might work), or take the interesting route: hex edit the WAV file produced by eac3to, find the fmt chunk, go to offset 0x04 relative to its start (if the file starts with RIFF, 4 bytes, WAVE and then "fmt ", it should be 20 bytes from the file start), and you should find two bytes with the hex values FE and FF (in that order, remember the endianness). Change them to 01 and 00, respectively, save the file, and see what happens. It may work, or then it may not. See also https://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/4...ts/WaveFormat/

Edit: or find a wav source plugin for avisynth that supports WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE. I think there might be one; at least I know there is one that supports w64.

Edit edit: JEEB pointed out to me that eac3to supports W64 too, so ignore all of the above, just write to that instead and use either the W64 source plugin whose name escapes me at the moment or use ffaudiosource.

Edit edit edit: or you could let eac3to write FLAC and do the cutting with split_aud.pl which should give the same results as using Avisynth.

Edit edit edit edit: found the reason why eac3to does that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft
Remarks
Any PCM format that has more than 2 channels, more than 16 bits per sample, or more than 44,100 samples per second must be described by [a WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE] structure instead of a non-extended WAVEFORMATEX structure.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2010-09-03 at 05:57.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 18:40   Link #496
Desbreko
*Fansubber

That's odd. I've been encoding some BDs with 24 bit PCM audio and loading the WAV files eac3to spits out into AviSynth 2.58 for trimming just fine.

eac3to CLI:
eac3to "00002.m2ts" 2: "00002 - 2 - PCM, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 48khz.wav" -2 -24 -big -48000

AviSynth script:
video = ffvideosource("00002.mkv", fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)
audio = wavsource("00002 - 2 - PCM, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 48khz.wav")
audiodub(video,audio)

But anyway, you could try NicAudio for loading them into AviSynth.
Old 2010-09-06, 08:18   Link #497
Kristen
*Author

Yeah, Desbreko, it does this on some computers, and not others.

I found a solution, which was in my eac3to command line, I added in -simple.
Old 2010-09-06, 22:29   Link #498
Aimbotter33

Hi im Having Problem When Im Inserting A Afx Picture, Heres my Code,
Everytime When i Delete the = Beside the insertsign, it will say no such function.

DirectShowSource("C:\Users\Aimbotter33\Desktop\[FFFpeeps]_Kaichou_wa_Maid-sama_23_[720p][B40216DC].mkv")
sign1 = ("C:\Users\Aimbotter33\Desktop\[FFFpeeps]_Kaichou_wa_Maid-sama_23_[720p][B40216DC].mkv")
logo = imagesource("C:\Users\Aimbotter33\Desktop\images.p ng", pixel_type="RGB32", end=100)

insertsign=("last, logo, 0")
insertsign=("last, sign1, 563, 900")
Aimbotter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 22:36   Link #499
Noct

Check out the very first post of this thread.

Quote:
How to use it:
1. Copy-paste the code into an empty text document and rename it to .avsi (not .avs).
2. Put the .avsi in your Avisynth plugins directory.
This is what your missing.
If you follow the instructions the script will work.
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 23:08   Link #500
Aimbotter33

Still Not Working,
Aimbotter33 is offline   Reply With Quote