AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-13, 23:48   Link #1
Kid

Question Full color manga?

What manga are in full color? I mean the pages inside are all color pages.

The only manga I know that is full color is Kazuya Minekura's Stigma. And it's good.
Old 2003-11-13, 23:55   Link #2
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Aw! I was gonna come in here and tell you that! oh well, thats the only one I know of. Its so pretty ;_;
Old 2003-11-14, 00:00   Link #3
Mizu Shinobi

The reason y i think most manga r not color is cause its much to expensive to have a manga series, like naruto for ex:, so they only do it on a random page every so offten but it be really kewl to see a manga in color completely hehe
Old 2003-11-14, 02:17   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i wouldnt buy a full color manga, costs TOO MUCH!!.
SHaolin soccer came out for manga, its in full color. the length is about.... 1/4 of the typical manga like naruto. it costs almost 2wice as much as shonen jump mangas.
Old 2003-11-14, 08:33   Link #5
Tboz

I don't have very good experience with full color manga. They are expensive, and the pages tend to drop out easily. Well, that's what happen to my collection of Dragonball Movies manga which are in full color.
Old 2003-11-14, 12:57   Link #6
Love Witch
Trying to think...

Some manga's that are taken from anime or anime movies are in full colour. I mean the one's that are completly the same
Old 2003-11-15, 16:39   Link #7
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

All anime/movie mangas are full color (the ones that use screen caps and text bubbles to tell the movie story... utterly worthless if you ask me).

Also Yui Shop is... but it's hentai. Mangas are simply black and white. It's part of their charm. And those color pages aren't exactly random, man... usually they coincide with important story elements and the beginning of new volumes. Also, you'll see more color pages made when a manga has an anime scheduled (ie, during the anime's air time, the manga recieves more attention from the editors in order to increase ratings for the television show).

... and stop relating things in terms of Naruto. God, I hate fanboys...
Old 2003-11-15, 21:01   Link #8
lilitu93

Of mangas you can get in English, the only two I can think of offhand are Joan (published by Comics One, 3 volumes), Jesus (also Comics One, ebook only) and Cinderalla (published by Viz). The first two are by the same mangaka. I've only read the first two volumes of Joan, but it's really good and you can now get all three volumes bundled for the price of one of them, as Comics One is trying to clear them out. I've never gotten Jesus as I don't like ebooks, but I'm sure I'll pick it up someday.

Joan is about a girl in France in the time period soon after Joan of Arc died, and she's very inspired by Joan, following in her footsteps (i.e., dressed like a man and going into battle). As it's a bargian, I highly recommend picking it up if you see it.

Cinderalla is by Mizuno Junko, and I own it but haven't read it yet. I love her art (it's a twisted take on shoujo/cute art) and what I've read of her before, so I think I'll like it, but I just haven't been in the mood for it yet. It was coloured in especially for the English-language edition, and I think her follow-ups are the same way. She was in charge of the colourizing, so it isn't like the old Marvel Akira--she's redone it to be in colour on purpose. Her style is great, but it's a bit avant-garde, so I'd recommend looking at it first before buying in case it's not your thing.

I can think of only one other colour manga that's been published in English--Miyazaki's manga that Porco Rosso was based on. It was serialized in Animerica Extra a while back. I wish they'd do a Porco Rosso book, as there's a Japanese one with the manga plus movie and other art. I'm hoping they will when Disney releases the DVD as they've done other Miyazaki movie mangas and art book type things.

Hope this helps.
Old 2003-11-27, 10:19   Link #9
mooglekupo89

i think they are coming out with the special edition of love hina titled "irohina." its supposed to be all in color i think...
Old 2003-11-28, 09:46   Link #10
taro-kun

Send a message via MSN to taro-kun
I don't know if it is published in the USA (I suppose that yes), but I think you forgot the greatest manga from Masamune Shirow: Ghost in the Shell !
In France, there are 3 volumes published for now. The 1st two ones are hand-colored on almost 20 pages, and the 3rd one is color by computer on more than a hundred pages!! The most beautiful manga have ever read (And Shirow know how to draw girls! For the greatest of my pleasure! ).
Don't you have this manga in your country(ies... for Canadians ^^)?
Old 2003-11-28, 11:48   Link #11
Muraki
Dreamer

Isn't Spirited Away a full colored manga o.O (If it can be counted as a manga..)

I think I only have 1 full colored for some title or other they cost so frigging much and yet they're so short T_T :sigh: I really need to learn not to give into my impulses...
Old 2004-09-08, 14:38   Link #12
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It'ld be great though right? thought 2.5 times the orignal price though.........
Old 2004-09-08, 17:54   Link #13
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
i wouldnt buy a full color manga, costs TOO MUCH!!.
Shaolin soccer came out for manga, its in full color. the length is about.... 1/4 of the typical manga like naruto. it costs almost 2wice as much as shonen jump mangas.
Shaolin Soccer is a Chinese comic (manhua). Manhua, unlike manga, are often printed in full color. Check out Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber, Storm Riders, etc. (Any Chinese comic from ComicsOne.)

The colors are excellent, with some really good watercolor and ink work. It puts the simplified, serialized manga to shame! (Heck, it puts the average American superhero comic art to shame...)
Old 2004-09-09, 16:11   Link #14
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
I got Akira Vol 1 - 4 in colour. Very expensive and i guess they take alot more time to put together so to save time they just use black and white. It always a bonus to find the odd page of colour though and ive seen a few pilot mangas in colour which is pretty nice.
Old 2004-09-09, 16:34   Link #15
Mr.Minou

cyber weapon Z & the king of fighter zillion are full color mangas. but since the author is andy seto (from hong kong) I don't know if you guys consider them as "manga"
Old 2004-09-19, 06:34   Link #16
Dark Hitsuzen YuKo

Send a message via AIM to Dark Hitsuzen YuKo Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Hitsuzen YuKo
There are postives and negatives to colored mangas.For one the price would be more.But then yoll see mroe detail.But the pages wouldnt feel right.To me they dont.But u know.
Old 2004-09-19, 13:16   Link #17
kana-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
What manga are in full color? I mean the pages inside are all color pages.

The only manga I know that is full color is Kazuya Minekura's Stigma. And it's good.

wow this is new for me...but wouldnt mangas lose its effects if its in full color?? wouldnt that be the same as watching an anime except just in books??i dont really read mangas.. but only read a few..and they seem good in blak/white to me... i think they should just stik to blak/white....

dont be offended..its just my opinion
Old 2004-09-21, 21:40   Link #18
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kana-chan
wow this is new for me...but wouldnt mangas lose its effects if its in full color?? wouldnt that be the same as watching an anime except just in books??i dont really read mangas.. but only read a few..and they seem good in blak/white to me... i think they should just stik to blak/white....

dont be offended..its just my opinion
Well not really...there is "Cine-manga" which are just like screenshots from an anime put together in a book, but that is always printed on glossy paper with digital sound effects and speech bubbles added. I agree with other posters here, what is the point of that! Watch the anime!

But color manga are different, they look like any color comics. The paper isn't usually that glossy. They can look like watercolor paintings or anything. Lots of manga have a few color pages in the front. Actually, these are often left out in later printings of the book in America, so if you see one I'd buy it now!

EDIT - But you are right its a different effect with color. (Though I wouldn't say one is better than the other.) In my opinion it takes different skills to use color effectively, but black and white shading is sort of like "color" too when you think about it...
Old 2004-09-22, 00:41   Link #19
Fronzel
Schmuck

Isn't Fist of the North Star in full color? I remember seeing an ad about it somewhere....

It'd mostly be red, I suppose.
Old 2004-09-24, 14:47   Link #20
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Isn't Fist of the North Star in full color? I remember seeing an ad about it somewhere....

It'd mostly be red, I suppose.
Yeah, there's one out called Fist of the North Star Master Edition out in English from Gustoon.
Closed Thread