AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-25, 23:52   Link #1
Tritium
doaho...

are there any licensed thriller/horror manga's...

I'm just about to order some new manga and i have everything in my e-basket now but i still have some money left. I've been searching for a couple of hours now but all i can find are those standard big eyed happy **** manga's that are really beginning to get on my nerves now I need something that has a good story like ZashikiOnna if anyone has ever heared of that. Please don't recommend narutaru/shadowstar to me cause i hate it lol.
Old 2004-12-26, 00:24   Link #2
Summer Soldier

Uzumaki by Junji Ito.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

A horror manga that manages to be hilariously (and probably intentionally) funny.
Old 2004-12-26, 01:10   Link #3
JERI

I prefer Junji Ito's Tomie series. It's about a undying seductress who enthralls men with her beauty. This comic consists of a bunch of short stories, each tells of how a hapless character encounters Tomie and end up having his/her life pushed into a chaos of jealousy, paranoia, hate and eventual dissociation.

http://shop.noated.net/T/Tomie_Junji_Ito_Horror/
Old 2004-12-26, 09:23   Link #4
Tritium
doaho...

Thank you all those 2 are really looking interresting And are not anything like those big eyes standard anime stuff I'll buy 2 volumes of each manga. Anymore recommendations?
Old 2004-12-27, 01:39   Link #5
jennwenn

I liked Uzumaki and Tomie, though I think I prefer Uzumaki so far because I like the characters more. (Stupid reason I guess, since characters tend to die off in horror manga and its seems Junji Ito's grotesque imagery is more important than actual people...) Both are great though. Also the one volume Flesh Colored Horror from the same mangaka is released in English.

I also really liked Orochi Blood by Kazuo Umezu (released by Viz). Creepy, and its a real quick read in a cinematic style. Its about the twisted relationship of two sisters and a mysterious being named Orochi. I really wasn't sure where the manga would take the story but reading it I was so fearful for the characters and what would happen to them - or what they would do. Really good.

I suppose Hellsing and Berserk are horror, but I haven't read them myself.
Old 2006-10-24, 21:24   Link #6
guess

Reviving an old thread to get new info. Anyone has any recommendation on horror or bizzard manga, licensed or not? Out of extreme bordom lately, I read ZashikiOnna and I kind of like it. It was never finished. This is not licensed, is it? I looked up amazon.com and yet, didn't find anything. Basically, I like ZashikiOnna, the drifting classroom and stuff like that. I don't like Uzumaki. There is another manga by the same author about some infecious fish which can turn humans into ballons. They are just disgusting, too graphic and story is not that good for me to endure all that. I am not a fan of Tomoe or Ringu, either. thanks.