AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-13, 02:22   Link #101
nacer666

About demons ranking, there is a guy who popped up lately calling himself "prince".I don't know if this is supposed to be higher than kings because the guy had power equivalent to peak Dacheng.Anyway, I think even potatoes himself doesn't know it because he only knows how to drag things and adding water to the mix.Some chinese forums even had fanfic stories about Xiao Yan,Lin Dong and Mu Chen complaining about his dragging.Another one about Mu Chen asking the Tiandi to pass the 3 clones supernatural power to potatoes to make him stop dragging the story but the dragging increased 3 times instead.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 05:58   Link #102
AKIKAN
Some Member

The very fact that he introduced many elements from other novels e.g. spiritual pulse = spiritual root, array division similar to ones in Stellar Transformation, while completely forgot about the first later is a bloody sin. At least the latter is used, but some condition such as heart sutra seems unnecessary now. Many different cultivation types seem to be forgotten now that they're all about the supernatural arts as well as those 36 masterpieces.

He didn't seem to make a proper cultivation ranking chart beforehand either.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 15:22   Link #103
AKIKAN
Some Member

Tian Can Tu Dou finally posted his Ice Spirit Clan chapters. Only 3 of them at the moment though.

The author's memory is so shitty I can't even believe he has the nerve to write long novels. Spirit pulse that got forgotten completely aside, he made up a new sect with 3 great perfection sovereigns in the Northern Luo Continent despite the fact that they're all supposed to be hidden hermits and somehow only sects and clans with upper earth sovereigns were present during Tiandi Arc. His inability to make sense with his storyline pissed me off.

TGR is still my favorite though. I recently read Tempered Immortal but I think I should drop it after reading past ch 700. The MC's amoral and pretentious nature have gone far beyond being neutral and cunning. This guy caused ten thousands innocents to die because of him and just shrugged off and profitted because he didn't mean to cause the troubles. He's also the type who'd kill innocent people without remorse for his agenda (even relative insignificant ones). Wang Lin from Xian Ni somehow looks like a better person than the hypocrite saying he's neither good or bad...

BTW, Wu DOng Qian Kun is gonna be a TV-drama now. I only watched wuxia dramas and Monkey King, never once xianxia.
Old 2016-10-23, 16:34   Link #104
nacer666

The Ice tribe thing has 5 released chapters not 3 with the latest one about the war emperor courting death and Lin Dong saying "You want to die?".As for the latest raw bullshit and 3 earth sovereigns dacheng popping out of thin air, I have seen many authors changing some story elements but what potatoes is doing now is too shameless.
Old 2016-10-24, 15:07   Link #105
AKIKAN
Some Member

I saw it on baidu that Buddha Clan's original supreme body Endless Light Body is ranked at nr. 5 instead of 10 like before. The author has gotten forgetful or just changed things as he pleased?

I have no idea how to translate the three ranks of the fiend race corresponding to heaven sovereign three ranks: spirit, immortal and saint.

I wonder what rank is the fiend emperor from WDQK.

Still, the mistakes, inconsistency and nonsense in TGR is nothing compared to Limitless Sword God. The author of that novel doesn't seem to keep tab of what he wrote or make plan for his story progression at all.
Old 2016-10-24, 15:35   Link #106
nacer666

They are just after money.Good thing I read pirated stuff.
Old 2016-10-24, 17:11   Link #107
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
They are just after money.Good thing I read pirated stuff.
Same here. I read them all on piaotian.

Since all xianxia is extremely formulaic, why is it that many of them are full of inconsistencies? Poor planning or no plan at all despite all of them having similar elements?

BTW, where are ch 4-5 for Ice Spirit Clan Arc? I can't find them anywhere.
Old 2016-10-24, 17:28   Link #108
nacer666

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%B4%F3%D6%F7%D4%D7
Old 2016-10-24, 23:24   Link #109
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
Same here. I read them all on piaotian.

Since all xianxia is extremely formulaic, why is it that many of them are full of inconsistencies? Poor planning or no plan at all despite all of them having similar elements?

BTW, where are ch 4-5 for Ice Spirit Clan Arc? I can't find them anywhere.
in most case. No plan at all i'd say, take a light calculation, a normal author would write 5000 words a chapter/day. so with an average of 5000 words per day, how much'd one could plan out to make sure the story consistents.

Of course, there are case where existed author who planned the entire the story in advance like ED, or the case where the author recorded and keep tabs on foreshadowed story line like 全职法师 .

@AKIKAN: recommended 全职法师 at the moments, really good story, no large inconsistencies so far, very likeable MC as well, currently rated highest among the list of CN novel i'm reading

DZZ stilll rated relatively good in my opininon, though my comparison with other series are dropping for DZZ. Too much info was left out.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 02:35   Link #110
AKIKAN
Some Member

@nacer666 Thanks for the link to baidu forum. I somehow have problem navigating that site though.

@dragon1412 Well, what I loves about DZZ is that MC (nice abbreviation) is very likable, although he's really lucky and too talent for my taste a bit with seriously no setback, I'd prefer Lin Dong more. I'd try reading Quanzhi Fashi.

Thanks for the recommendation btw. I have problem reading novels on wuxiaworld, gravitytales and chinanovels because the pop-ups would lead me to "Your device is in risk of virus!" every damn time.
Old 2016-10-25, 04:43   Link #111
dragon1412

Quote:
@nacer666 Thanks for the link to baidu forum. I somehow have problem navigating that site though.

@dragon1412 Well, what I loves about DZZ is that MC (nice abbreviation) is very likable, although he's really lucky and too talent for my taste a bit with seriously no setback, I'd prefer Lin Dong more. I'd try reading Quanzhi Fashi.

Thanks for the recommendation btw. I have problem reading novels on wuxiaworld, gravitytales and chinanovels because the pop-ups would lead me to "Your device is in risk of virus!" every damn time.
I personally don't mind Mu Chen having no setback that much. Mu Chen, lucky as he is, own most of his success to his brain, Mu Chen is more likable to Lin Dong and Xiao Yan to me simply because he knew what he is doing and is capable of seeing short term goal and archive success instead of typical Foundation is everything Xianxia MC. This aspect was shown the most when Muchen butched his entire level up blessing in Ancient divine palace simply to kill Garuda or withold his hand from the phoenixes in the Beast continent arc, he also having a good habit of preparing last resort as well. SImply Brain quality wise, Mu chen got a full point from me. He is. instead of Meng Hao level of rushing in and get out with everythings thanks to luck, Muchen own a fair bit of his success to him being smart.

What make me irked is. 1 - the quality of Villains, so far, only the outer demon are worth mentioning while others are just outright stupid. 2 - The author left too much info out, for example, Spirit pulse, the lotus in the beast continent, the lightning demon art,... etc and some of them are very good point. 3 - Female casts are not bad, but not leaving impression either, it's just avarage with exception of Mandala
Old 2016-10-25, 05:24   Link #112
nacer666

The author even changed the ability of the black pagoda from burning stuff and people inside to sealing.
Old 2016-12-19, 15:11   Link #113
AKIKAN
Some Member

Spoiler for latest chapter as of today:
Old 2016-12-19, 15:31   Link #114
Sparteh

Did author once again pull out 2nd non-human heroine? I mean doesn't he usually have 1 heroine from the past aka someone (most likely from super OPed clan) who MC knows from before and is in love and later add non-human heroine as the story goes? Like he did with Medusa in BTTH.
From what I read that bird he made contract with in translated chapters feels like female. Does it transform?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 18:14   Link #115
nacer666

WDQK romance between Lin Dong and the ice wife is the best written in the trilogy.In BTTH Gu Xun is monitoring Xiao Yan to a scary level.As for Mu Chen and Luo li, they are always keeping a long-distance relationship and when they meet they just keep things at first base.
Old 2016-12-27, 15:36   Link #116
AKIKAN
Some Member

Spiritual pulse has finally returned! I'm amazed it'll become significant after one reached heaven sovereign.

Then Ji Xuan might probably return.
Old 2016-12-27, 22:06   Link #117
dragon1412

Quote:
Spiritual pulse has finally returned! I'm amazed it'll become significant after one reached heaven sovereign.

Then Ji Xuan might probably return.
as shameful as I might ask, who is Ji xuan again
Old 2016-12-28, 05:22   Link #118
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
as shameful as I might ask, who is Ji xuan again
He's MC's nemesis from spiritual road with heaven spiritual pulse, who lost and disappeared since the five academy competetion. He's no Lin Langtian so I'm not so certain he'll appear again.
Old 2016-12-28, 05:27   Link #119
dragon1412

Quote:
He's MC's nemesis from spiritual road with heaven spiritual pulse, who lost and disappeared since the five academy competetion. He's no Lin Langtian so I'm not so certain he'll appear again.
ah, that guy. remember him now. he was only mentioned in 1 sentence though
Old 2017-07-06, 06:23   Link #120
AKIKAN
Some Member

TPW has already ended. The ending is as lame as ever, as expected from Wang Yu.
TGR is gonna end very soon. Since Mu Chen has 5 sovereign bodies, I hope he has five waifus to accompany him, Luo Li, Lin Jing, Xiao Xiao, Nine Nether and Tan Qian-er.

Tags
op mc, web novel