Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-10, 09:46   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

One Piece - Chapter 760 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2014-09-10, 11:45   Link #2
Ultragunner

well, what should I say say about this chapter?

Spoiler for chap 760:
Old 2014-09-10, 12:15   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so now law gets shot and now impaled by strings? he's still alive?
Old 2014-09-10, 12:23   Link #4
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so now law gets shot and now impaled by strings? he's still alive?
every time we think law is dead... "room"
Old 2014-09-10, 12:25   Link #5
ranchan13

Dofy's sob story made me wretch.
Can we kill him gruesomely and be done with it, I really hate this type of character.
"I was a noble, waaah waaaah."
Drop dead Dofy, quickly
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2014-09-10, 12:43   Link #6
Slayerx

Doffy: I was cast out of Heaven... it was a wonderful place; Slaves as far as the eye could see

Sorry Mingo, having a little trouble sympathizing with ya.

Two things I'm annoyed with though in this chapter. First there are the dressrosa citizens. After multiple chapters about how they were going to capture Riku and hand him over to doflamingo, they just all of a sudden let him go and choose to follow him. Just feels like an annoying red herring; a way to create some false tension for King Riku's group as the citizens came closer and closer. At the very least i would have liked it if someone made some kind of grand speech to make them realize what they were doing was stupid (like the former toys)... that would have atleast maintained consistency.

The second was Fujitora... on the one hand, i feel like I understand what he's saying; the marines can't be heroes in dressrosa and that's why he's placing his bet on strawhat to sort everything out. I'm fine with that; if that's how he feels then it explains why he didn't try to stop Mingo himself; he knew it wouldn't do any good in the long run, so no point trying. What bugs me is how he tried to actively stop Luffy; that goes against his bet. He could have made is bet by simply ignoring Luffy and just having his forces focus on keeping the locals under control so they didn't kill eachother while bird cage was in effect. Again, like above, it feels like a way to create some false tension as we were led to believe that Fujitora was gonna be an obstacle... really, he and Sabo had no reason to fight it out here.
Old 2014-09-10, 13:18   Link #7
BPD Renegade

So Doflamingo is a self-entitled jerk. From all the hints we've been given, I was expecting something... deeper, so to speak? But then, this entire chapter felt weird, especially with the citizens and Fujitora doing a complete 180, as slayerx said above.
Old 2014-09-10, 15:08   Link #8
noktown

Damn it's so obvious when a character screams "How did you like that !?" is going to get KO'd in the next panel.
Old 2014-09-10, 15:59   Link #9
marvelB

Sorry, sorry! I would've made the thread myself earlier, but I thought the chapter would be out tomorrow! My bad, indeed!

Anyways..... so basically Dofla's story is that he's bitter about losing his prestige as a world noble..... okay. So it's pretty much safe to say that he IS a world-class asshole through and through, then. Well, I guess this pretty much confirms that he's the Dio Brando of OP, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The second was Fujitora... on the one hand, i feel like I understand what he's saying; the marines can't be heroes in dressrosa and that's why he's placing his bet on strawhat to sort everything out. I'm fine with that; if that's how he feels then it explains why he didn't try to stop Mingo himself; he knew it wouldn't do any good in the long run, so no point trying. What bugs me is how he tried to actively stop Luffy; that goes against his bet. He could have made is bet by simply ignoring Luffy and just having his forces focus on keeping the locals under control so they didn't kill eachother while bird cage was in effect. Again, like above, it feels like a way to create some false tension as we were led to believe that Fujitora was gonna be an obstacle... really, he and Sabo had no reason to fight it out here.

My take on this is that Fujitora had to make a convincing "act" so both Doflamingo and the Dressrosans alike would be convinced that the marines are indeed doing their job. Basically, Fuji is technically on Luffy's side, but he also understands that the marines would lose face if they openly assisted pirates. If you really think about it, it's yet another strong parallel to the Alabasta arc (which ALSO had marines helping the Straw-Hats and their royal friends settle a major conflict that was caused by a shichibukai), but in this case Fuji seems to be more subtle in his assistance.... I guess.
Old 2014-09-10, 20:46   Link #10
adriankhoo153

Jinbei look surprise at the alliance of Law and Luffy.
I had a feeling that Dofla will up his power after being hit.
He looks different now and looks pump up in the last page.
Old 2014-09-10, 22:12   Link #11
asvaynevc
weirdo

wow... epic episode.....

i cant wait the next chapter
Old 2014-09-11, 03:39   Link #12
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well, you could see it as a test. If Luffy didn't even take the relatively small hurdle of getting past the marines, he wouldn't be a good person to place the bet on.
At least it makes more sense than the citizens.

From a reader's perspective though, it just seems like the author wanted to get rid of a few story threads, to concentrate on the more important fights.
Old 2014-09-11, 06:29   Link #13
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

hmm, i wonder why Dofla real family labeled as an traitor by other mariejois, and he call his father as a stupid father. i assume Dofla father isn't a bad person like his son, maybe he can't accept a rule of Mariejois since he see it would make the other people suffer (we know all the Celestial Dragon is cruel person, so i guess their rule is related to slavery, high taxes to commoner, force a family to give their daughter to become their sex slave) and Dofla father oppose this, so their family is labeled as a traitor

this is just a prediction

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-09-11, 11:08   Link #14
Rainbowman

Donquixote Doflamingo: The murderous World Noble.
Old 2014-09-11, 14:22   Link #15
noktown

Basically Donflamingo's "Sad" Story :

"Dad, I need slaves!"
"No, son"
"WORST LIFE EVER!"
Old 2014-09-11, 15:29   Link #16
SeanQ

anyone else interested as me in seeing dofla's sunglasses knocked off and seeing how funny his face is ... hoping oda gives dofla epic retarded eyes
Old 2014-09-11, 16:47   Link #17
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Wonder what causes Dofla's dad to abandon his world noble status. The mentioning about "living like a real human" stuff seems to show that Dofla's dad was a good man but then again, why didn't he abandon his status earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Basically Donflamingo's "Sad" Story :

"Dad, I need slaves!"
"No, son"
"WORST LIFE EVER!"
So true
Old 2014-09-11, 17:17   Link #18
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Wonder what causes Dofla's dad to abandon his world noble status. The mentioning about "living like a real human" stuff seems to show that Dofla's dad was a good man but then again, why didn't he abandon his status earlier?
Something might have happened in his life which made him make this choice, we have not really seen any depth into Dofa daddy's life.
Old 2014-09-11, 19:03   Link #19
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
anyone else interested as me in seeing dofla's sunglasses knocked off and seeing how funny his face is ... hoping oda gives dofla epic retarded eyes
i am. i always want to see whats behind the sunglasses or the mask. hopefully doflamingo doesn't die wearing them
Old 2014-09-12, 03:36   Link #20
ashofaphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sorry, sorry! I would've made the thread myself earlier, but I thought the chapter would be out tomorrow! My bad, indeed!

Anyways..... so basically Dofla's story is that he's bitter about losing his prestige as a world noble..... okay. So it's pretty much safe to say that he IS a world-class asshole through and through, then. Well, I guess this pretty much confirms that he's the Dio Brando of OP, lol.

My take on this is that Fujitora had to make a convincing "act" so both Doflamingo and the Dressrosans alike would be convinced that the marines are indeed doing their job. Basically, Fuji is technically on Luffy's side, but he also understands that the marines would lose face if they openly assisted pirates. If you really think about it, it's yet another strong parallel to the Alabasta arc (which ALSO had marines helping the Straw-Hats and their royal friends settle a major conflict that was caused by a shichibukai), but in this case Fuji seems to be more subtle in his assistance.... I guess.
My logic is fujitora is someone who follows his own ideals and seems to want to change laws within the confines of the existing laws. I think he is betting on luffy, because they couldn't stop him initially. If luffy couldn't do that much, he wouldn't be able to go stop mingo. I think from everything we've seen of non-fodder marines is they really don't think anything of a pirates reputation (bounty etc). They judge how strong when they interact with one another. I don't think fujitora bet on luffy before the arc, began.
Closed Thread