AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-21, 06:24   Link #1
Diplomat
Traceur

Send a message via AIM to Diplomat Send a message via MSN to Diplomat
Fist of the Blue Sky

hey has anyone heard about this title? Souten no Ken??? the prequel to Fist of the North Star?

A friend mentioned and i just wondered if it's actually around cause i havent heard of it. I checked Manga Jouhou and couldnt find it.

If there is, is it licensed or can i find the scans somwhere?
Old 2004-11-21, 07:09   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

Yeah, it's a real series. It was licensed in America by the now semi-defunct Raijin Comics. I think the first 9 volumes are available on Amazon, but further publication has ceased till further notice. This means you can't get scanslations and you can't get official english manga either, unless an Australian company picks it up. This might be a good time to start learning Japanese.
Old 2004-11-21, 07:41   Link #3
Diplomat
Traceur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Yeah, it's a real series. It was licensed in America by the now semi-defunct Raijin Comics. I think the first 9 volumes are available on Amazon, but further publication has ceased till further notice. This means you can't get scanslations and you can't get official english manga either, unless an Australian company picks it up. This might be a good time to start learning Japanese.
hahaha no way? man i love it when mangas are in limbo... yeah i'll start learning something.
Old 2004-11-21, 17:47   Link #4
jennwenn

I read the first bit of it in the Raijin magazine and I liked it, but I've never read Fist of the North Star. The main charcter of Sky is such a gentleman. I like the historical setting and honor theme. Art is better than North Star (judgin from the few pics I'v seen), I guess because its a prequel and he started this series afterward.
Old 2004-11-21, 21:18   Link #5
JERI

The artwork's great, but the story's kinda mundane. Volume 10 was hilarious when Chang Kai-shek appeared out of nowhere.
Old 2004-11-21, 23:57   Link #6
Diplomat
Traceur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
The artwork's great, but the story's kinda mundane. Volume 10 was hilarious when Chang Kai-shek appeared out of nowhere.
The Chang Kai-shek? hahahaha whaaaaat?
Old 2004-11-22, 13:24   Link #7
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat
The Chang Kai-shek? hahahaha whaaaaat?
Haha, I wish the US version would get that far. Yeah it takes place in that era of time in China, so Chaing Kai-shek could technically appear...
Old 2004-11-22, 13:41   Link #8
JERI

Talking

Chang was like saying "Martial artists must be defeated by martial artists!" and I just cracked up laughing at that point.

Yeah, can't wait to see what kinda of martial arts mastery Sun Yatsen has got, as well as the kung-fu showdown between Chang and Chairman Mao.
Old 2004-11-22, 20:06   Link #9
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
Chang was like saying "Martial artists must be defeated by martial artists!" and I just cracked up laughing at that point.

Yeah, can't wait to see what kinda of martial arts mastery Sun Yatsen has got, as well as the kung-fu showdown between Chang and Chairman Mao.
MHWAHAHAHA!!!! Mao is clearly a sturdy man of the people who can kick Chang's bourgeois ass (or so he'd like to think). Though wasn't Chang taller than him? Man I wish I had Fist of the Blue Sky when I was learning modern Chinese history in high school!
Old 2010-03-18, 21:06   Link #10
ellifeedn
Thinker

I recently found this series and Fist of the North Star. I plan to read them, but which one should I read first?
Closed Thread