AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 85 63.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-13, 10:59   Link #181
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
You are a wise man, cnnydz, I bow down to your greatness...

If only I was so wise and wouldn't have wasted my time on that crap.
That is why he is known as cnnydz-sama
Old 2008-03-13, 11:48   Link #182
Machina

Best Shana episode ever. I miss Bel-Peol, though, she's too freaking awesome.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:23   Link #183
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
You are a wise man, cnnydz, I bow down to your greatness...

If only I was so wise and wouldn't have wasted my time on that crap.
Yeo Cnnydz is really lucky, he could just read the ZnT novels...sadly i'll have to watch ZnT season III...i'm so screwed.
Old 2008-03-14, 02:59   Link #184
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

omg this ep was intense. Sabrac's secret was revealed and he was subsequently defeated. This ep was just all action.

I found it funny in the beginning that Yuji appeared from a sewer hole but it was explained in the end. The scene with Sabrac and Shana fighting the last battle was just awesome, Shana's hair looked so wild and the scene was just so well done.

Next ep it looks like hopefully the Yoshida/Shana thing will finally be resolved... Let's just pray...

Also i felt a bit of nostalgia hearing Shana go urasai urasai urasai!! lol!
Old 2008-03-14, 09:06   Link #185
AzoJason

Great episode, indeed!
But i am still not convinced, that someone like Sabrac gets defeated so easily...
Give me back my favorite char!

Wilhelmina seems to have a fighting style, thats pretty close to Rifuls!

Currently watching: Queens Blade, K-ON, Guin Saga, Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden), DBZ Kai, FMA Brotherhood
Bleach/Claymore/FMA/Black Lagoon Manga
Old 2008-03-14, 09:25   Link #186
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
A really good episode, looks we got to see more jam packed episodes full of fighting
so after the all this stuff Sabrac, would it be right to say that they will be going up against Bal Masque as we near the end of this series?
I am so tired of posts like this SnS was never only an action anime, it combined action, romance and comedy all together. A lot of people tend to forget that fact, thats why we always end with "wheres the action, oh no more Kazumi/Konoe, emo Eita (though I agree with this one)" etc after almost every episode.

For the rest I agree with KholdStare 100%.
Old 2008-03-14, 12:48   Link #187
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I am so tired of posts like this SnS was never only an action anime, it combined action, romance and comedy all together. A lot of people tend to forget that fact, thats why we always end with "wheres the action, oh no more Kazumi/Konoe, emo Eita (though I agree with this one)" etc after almost every episode.

I'm more tired of posts like yours. He never said it was only an 'action anime', or that it ever was. He commented on this episode and what appealed to him (being the action). That being said, just because people do not post ALL the aspects of an anime that exist in their post, it does not mean they are saying they aren't there at all.
He never once even came close to an attempt at defining the series like you seem to be imagining he did. He liked the action in the episode. Which seems appropriate to comment on considering this is a thread on episode 21.

- But yea, fantastic episode. Great action and unfortunately another botched confession by Shana maybe next time!
Old 2008-03-14, 12:53   Link #188
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

Well, I say it because I don't really like the romance or comedy elements in Shana. I want action, I complain when I don't get it. It doesn't matter what Shana is supposed to be, if it doesn't satisfy my desires and is boring, then it's a bad episode to me.

Last edited by Kristen; 2008-03-14 at 12:54. Reason: Oopsies. :p
Old 2008-03-14, 13:26   Link #189
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, then maybe Shakugan no Shana isn't really the series you might want your action fix from.

There was an interesting chapter in 'The little prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. When the little prince was visiting different planets, we stumbled upon the planet were a king resided.There the little prince learned about the signficance of being a good leader. For your subordinates to be good subordinates, you have to be a good leader and know to ask the proper orders from them. The king once commented 'Even if I'm an absolute king who no one dares disobey, if I asked my mightiest general to transform into a butterfly, and he dared not follow my order, whose would be the fault? My general's or mine?'

^_^

Last edited by Proto; 2008-03-14 at 14:35.
Old 2008-03-14, 22:40   Link #190
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

The action is good but not essential, more like icing on the cake. What I really want right now is some resolution in terms of the Shana/Yoshida/Yuji love triangle, which i believe will finally be dealt with next ep, about time i say.
Old 2008-03-15, 21:51   Link #191
blewin

awesome episode. Love to see Alastor admitting right out about Yuji's good qualities and how he thinks it's a good idea for Shana and Yuji to pair up. Also, good surprise with Johan's secret weapon.
Old 2008-03-17, 09:59   Link #192
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Been a while since we've heard Shana's Urusai x3.
Old 2008-03-18, 01:50   Link #193
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

What an outrageous episode. I loved every minute of it. Sabrac is badass. Wilhemina is even more badass. 10/10.
Old 2008-03-19, 12:32   Link #194
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Now this episode is 10/10 for me. I've been waiting for an episode like this. Now moving to ep22...
Old 2008-03-26, 18:13   Link #195
Un1234l

Eh-heh... looks like I was one of the few who didn't rate this episode good. Well, I kinda knew I would probably one of the few from even before going on AnimeSuki.

It has all the action, the suspense, and the fanservice! What's there NOT to like?

Ehh while I agree on the action.. i'm not so much for the suspense. And ESPECIALLY the fanservice. It was the main contributor to my low rating really. Seriously, did we have to see Shana's underwear in the middle of a battle? I guess yes, and some people probably liked that. That's very ... primitive I guess.

It also really doesn't make sense how in the battle, Sabrac just stood still during the (AT LEAST) 1 minute conversation going on between Yuuji and Carmel. Seriously, even if it wasn't 1 minute, it would take at least... 45 sec-nvm 1 minute to explain in the basic details about the plan. Sabrac just stood there for that WHOLE minute doing nothing but watching? And one SECOND on the battlefield can make so much of a difference, but SIXTY seconds... damn that's like showing someone you're target practice. It gets me irritated how people in action shows who stand still for that whole minute coincidentally starts to attack the person having a conversation as soon as they finish talking. Such a strange coincidence indeed. What's also strange is how Carmel was talking pretty loudly and Sabrac couldn't hear her. It's strange because Carmel would be talking at around the same volume to Sabrac at a further distance and he could hear what she's saying.

I also don't like the "unrealism" shown and the shounen-typical action used. Ugh. Going back and forth with the main heroes' (HEROES PLUS POSSESSIVE) MASSIVE attacks doing almost nothing to this ONE guy, then someone has a brilliant plan and the attack looks less impressive but manages to catch the villain OFFGUARD (despite seeing it coming from a mile away) and having him standing still throughout the whole ordeal while saying "What?" or "Impossible!". And when I say "unrealism" I mean how something is so IMPOSSIBLE even if it's coming from an anime. Want a comparison? Kenpachi Zaraki (BLEACH) cutting a building in half with his "shorter" sword in one swipe, just to show how badass he is, yet he couldn't even cut a human like that.

Shana pulled a DBZ face. Scary. I at least praise Sabrac for trying to defend himself through some of the attacks, since it is a step up from other action shows.

But I guess all this doesn't apply to just this series/episode, but all other action type shows.

Sorry if I bashed one of your favourite shows/genres, but I really did used to like this series (Season 1). It's a wonder why I'm still following this.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:36   Link #196
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
Ehh while I agree on the action.. i'm not so much for the suspense. And ESPECIALLY the fanservice. It was the main contributor to my low rating really. Seriously, did we have to see Shana's underwear in the middle of a battle? I guess yes, and some people probably liked that. That's very ... primitive I guess.
Primitive? You sound like you're nitpicking, and it tells me where your attention lies. Since it wasn't in the face like R+V, there was little distraction, and thus didn't warrant much attention in the first place.

Quote:
I also don't like the "unrealism" shown and the shounen-typical action used. Ugh. Going back and forth with the main heroes' (HEROES PLUS POSSESSIVE) MASSIVE attacks doing almost nothing to this ONE guy, then someone has a brilliant plan and the attack looks less impressive but manages to catch the villain OFFGUARD (despite seeing it coming from a mile away) and having him standing still throughout the whole ordeal while saying "What?" or "Impossible!". And when I say "unrealism" I mean how something is so IMPOSSIBLE even if it's coming from an anime. Want a comparison? Kenpachi Zaraki (BLEACH) cutting a building in half with his "shorter" sword in one swipe, just to show how badass he is, yet he couldn't even cut a human like that.
Actually, I've made that comparison once personally. You do it on a case-by-case basis and it will look like inconsistent crap. However, you need to take in account that having a series with a few bursts of 'shounen-laden' scenes compared to one with repeated scenes of that is different.

Having massive attacks on Sabrac and yet not showing no effect simply says how powerful Sabrac is, which was why a discovery and a plan were used to take him out.

I attribute his surprise to the fact that he hadn't factored in the possibility that the Mystes had superb senses and analytical abilities (if you consider a Flame Haze's pattern of fighting, they don't ever back down from a full-on confrontation so far, especially with something important at stake). Sabrac's reactions didn't tell me he saw it coming to him a long time ago.

While I agree that the 'shounen-ish' aspect has been played up a little too much, I advise you to get over it. You can continue to nitpick and make the last of the season less enjoyable for yourself of you can brush it off and enjoy the more defining moments of each episode. Your choice.

Quote:
Sorry if I bashed one of your favourite shows/genres, but I really did used to like this series (Season 1). It's a wonder why I'm still following this.
It's a wonder why you even posted only on this thread if you already had complaints about a minor detail in one episode already.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:37   Link #197
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Shana's attack worked because they'd managed to separate Sabrac from his main body, not because he was caught off guard. And no one Kenpachi ever cut was exactly human.
Old 2008-03-26, 23:05   Link #198
Un1234l

Yeah, sorry. I just felt like I had to let loose once in a while, even if it might seem a bit extreme. For after this rant, I actually appreciated the episode a whole lot more. Works for me eh?
Old 2008-03-27, 14:49   Link #199
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Yeah, sorry. I just felt like I had to let loose once in a while, even if it might seem a bit extreme. For after this rant, I actually appreciated the episode a whole lot more. Works for me eh?
Nemo's right on why Shana beat Sabrac in the end, but you do make a good point about how Sabrac was totally left unattended to for almost a minute. That is the one significant flaw in the battle, imo (the rest I'm quite happy with).

It may have been better if someone had been given the role of decoy to distract Sabrac while Yuji/Wilhelmina had their strategy session.
Old 2008-07-12, 18:35   Link #200
typhonsentra

As I said before, this should've been the end of the season. It was a solid conclusion and a pretty intense fight that showed some development for Yuji.
Closed Thread