AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 17:44   Link #61
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
How long have the Konoha 11 been running? Thank god for the anime and Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth or we would never see them. I thought their growth was suppose to be a big part of the war?
Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth= redemption for the lame-ass string of anime we've had recently, imho...
Old 2012-06-27, 18:40   Link #62
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Totally not. He's literally stuck to his current body. That's it - no evolution, no progress. Frozen in time, in zombie mode.

There is a possibility that he can learn new jutsus, but that's it.

And it definitely would be a problem for someone of his level. Of course, that would allow him to turn the tides of the battle and win it, but I can imagine that it's not the desirable outcome in the long-run, and that can be one of the reasons why he didn't want to use it.
I honestly think Madara is fine with being stuck in a state of stasis, especially given the nature of his Moon's Eye Plan. Orochimaru would have a big problem with it, but I don't think Madara minds so much. The perks don't hurt either.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 18:51   Link #63
haegar
mangaviking

I dunno, if it was such an ideal outcome for him why be detested about being Edo Tenseid in the first place, and why now once he permanently took it upon himself stating he has "no other choice" ... that would imply it is just about the very last way he wanted to return in...

I'm curious if as the story progresses this might even turn out to be to his disadvantage ...
Old 2012-06-27, 19:20   Link #64
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
The First was summoned way back when Orochimaru killed the Third. He was sealed away by the God of Death and the Third, the same as the Fourth sealed away half of the Kyuubi. According to the Third, he completely sealed away the souls of the First and Second, so that they could never again be summoned. The First is dead, gone, and his soul is either being, or has been devoured by Death itself. I doubt even Eyehax 101 can bring him back from that.
If there's anything I've learned from this manga, it is that the Sharingan can do anything.

I mean, it can utterly change someone's mind and personality, summon inextinguishable flames, cast time-accelerated mind-raping illusions, summon some huge Tengu monster with godly attack and defense (especially in Itachi's case), undo any reality you don't like, trap people in Groundhog Day, teleport you, warp anything you don't like into space-time pocket dimension things, teloeport, copy jutsu it takes others years to learn, and see the color of chakra.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:29   Link #65
Eragon
Still Alive

Is it me or does DBZ feel less hax infused than this right now?
Okay, I'm happy that Madara gets to stay but at the same time don't the point of it. I mean as someone already mentioned if his purpose was to get rid of the kages(at least one of them) then it would have happened a long time ago. If he's being set up as a boss villain for Sasuke-Naruto..ughh, to fight then I don't the point of Tobi's existence.
But if Kishi's is setting up a Sasuke vs Madara heading towards a Sasuke victory then I have had enough of this, seriously. If he's going to show Sasuke beating Madara when 5 Kages weren't enough to do it then Kishi has really lost it - like Kubo.

Apart from that this chapter just confirmed that NO ONE AMONG THE GOOD GUYS(WORTH SOMETHING) IS GOING TO DIE IN THIS WAR. NO ONE.

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-06-28 at 10:15.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:56   Link #66
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I dunno, if it was such an ideal outcome for him why be detested about being Edo Tenseid in the first place,
i can understand the original detest because he figured he would be controlled by someone else (which he was to an extent) and he didn't know about the hashirama powerups.

Quote:
and why now once he permanently took it upon himself stating he has "no other choice" ... that would imply it is just about the very last way he wanted to return in...
my guess here would be that once he regained full control of his mind right before he disappeared, he thought it safest to stay 'living' as ET madara rather than to let himself die again and risk never coming back at all.

Quote:
I'm curious if as the story progresses this might even turn out to be to his disadvantage ...
there probably is but i cant really think of what the disadvantage could be for a god-powered ninja warlord to have this form permanently. the 5 kages together couldn't stop or seal him and all that's changed is that he has even more control. i wouldn't put it past kishi to put in another problem with the technique though

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Well although that fight could happen ( to make both Naruto and Sasuke tired), there is a chance that the fight Hokage defeat Madara some how.
yea I'd much rather see hashirama fight madara at this point. madara himself has been going on and on about how he is the only one who can fight him evenly anyway. if naruto can release him then the bijou would all be right there for him to control too. or since madara is super-powered, maybe all 4 previous hokage at once =)

Quote:
I have a feeling Kabuto will play more part in the story and maybe even take responsibility in helping bringing down Madara.
either this or sasuke will turn 'super-evil' again and just execute him which i wouldn't mind seeing
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 19:58   Link #67
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Well now it's certain. Madara vs Sasuke is the only reason I see to let the Edo-Madara remain.

But I don't see how Sasuke will manage against him since he had problems with Kabuto... He needs help, serious help.
Well although that fight could happen ( to make both Naruto and Sasuke tired), there is a chance that the five Hokage defeat Madara some how.

As for Kabuto, he was a strong shinobi with sage mode. Any one would have trouble fighting against him to some extent. Also, don't forget that Sasuke and Itachi had a handicap against him. They weren't allowed to kill him nor i think Itachi even wanted to kill him ( he kind of sympathized with him).

I have a feeling Kabuto will play more part in the story and maybe even take responsibility in helping bringing down Madara.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-06-27 at 21:00.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:39   Link #68
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Tsunade is about to beat Madara down...
Old 2012-06-27, 21:59   Link #69
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I miss the times when ninjas were ninjas and not Dragonball wannabes destroying landscapes and shit...
me too. i miss ninja scroll. now that was a good ninja story.

Quote:
Is it me or does DBZ fell less hax infused than this right now?
uh, no. dbz had a few more hax and asspulls than naruto though naruto comes pretty close.
Old 2012-06-27, 22:15   Link #70
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I thought their growth was suppose to be a big part of the war?
Choji grew wings, did he not?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 22:21   Link #71
orangejuicetang

Actually a somewhat question/comment

Didn't Madara at one point when he was bemoaning how weak the current kage were say something like 'look how weak they've become. If I knew they'd become this weak, I would have taught you how to come back from the dead, First'

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:10   Link #72
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Really, I think there's too much focus on the 5 Kage than there is with the possibility that you know have...you know, a free-roaming zombie Madara Uchiha that could have a possible fateful encounter with Tobi? That's the eventual opening I see out of Madara freeing himself from the Edo Tensei contract...Which, when you put Madara and Tobi side-by-side, we may finally get an answer on who Tobi really is; Now that's intriguing...After all, Kabuto opened Pandora's box by resurrecting Madara, probably without full comprehension about what he was bringing into the world; Nice job breaking it, Kabuto

And honestly, the hax abilities really don't seem far-fetched to me...The way I see it, Madara is almost on a different scale of legendary than even the other legends that were resurrected, like the previous Kage and Kinkaku/Ginkaku for example, and they far from compare to what Madara is...We've seen tons of powerful battles, but when it comes to one of the most powerful of them all concerning Hashirama/Madara at the VotE, it's treated like a legendary noodle incident where you get a mention in passing here and there, but without being shown what sort of battle it actually looked like, there's no context to put into what sort of power went down for that battle...It's really could have been up in the air how powerful Madara exactly was before he was resurrected, and that doesn't include half of the belligerents that shaped the VotE that pushed Madara to his limits, nevermind the fact that he obtained EMS and the Rinnegan before death, and was experimented on by Kabuto after death to be even more powerful (Which means Kabuto didn't just open Pandora's box, he friggin' modified the box too)...

And I don't think Madara's knowledge with Edo Tensei is too far-fetched either...He already displayed knowledge about the function of Edo Tensei when he was first resurrected, and probably knew about it in real time during Tobirama's tenure in life...And since he has the Rinnegan, he has the capability for anything anyway, soooo...yeah...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:40   Link #73
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Madara has to kill someone important. He is by far the most powerful ninja in the naruto universe. Personally I think all 5 kages will be killed, Kishi might spare Gara though. Theirs deaths will open a new path for the ninja world to change and that's when Naruto comes in.
Old 2012-06-28, 00:35   Link #74
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Midnightviper, your avi makes me laugh when i look at it And i just can't take my eyes of it...where did you find it?
I screen-capped it myself from an episode of K-On!

Anyway, I just had a fridge logic moment: Let's say that Madara from the start and before death was already familiar with Edo Tensei, in fact almost intimately familiar with the ins and outs of the kinjutsu in order to break the contract himself...So who could Tobi be if he still needed an explanation from Kabuto like a child going "What does this do?"? ><
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:59   Link #75
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Madara has to kill someone important. He is by far the most powerful ninja in the naruto universe. Personally I think all 5 kages will be killed, Kishi might spare Gara though. Theirs deaths will open a new path for the ninja world to change and that's when Naruto comes in.
They are already changed through Naruto. Kish doesn't need to kill any of them. Anyway I hope Madara moves toward Tobi. The 5 Power Ranger Kages have become overused and played out. We've seen way too much of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Choji grew wings, did he not?
If that is Kishi's answer to the Konoha 11 development for the war, then he failed miserably. A fat kid no one likes crying and being pushed to act like a ninja; so he doesn't get his friends killed due to his own incompetence. Mostly forgettable. And doesn't make up for the fact that he ignored the rest of them, who are much better characters than Choji.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 01:37   Link #76
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Many people say that Edo-Madara is overpowered and Kishi went too far, but let's face the arguments,
[...]
I think there is nothing wrong about that.
There is though : he's too strong compared to what he's allowed to do which make the whole thing a bit ridiculous.
If the guy was slaughtering the Kage along with thousands of fodder left and right, razing villages and playing jump rope with Tsunade's small intestine then all this power would have a point but as it is, he's showing off new high of power every chapter for nothing.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 02:10   Link #77
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
uh, no. dbz had a few more hax and asspulls than naruto though naruto comes pretty close.
I'm still waiting to see the Naruto and Sasuke fusion dance, creating Sasuto, the ultimate ninja, or would it be Naruke?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 03:21   Link #78
Raph
Genin for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is though : he's too strong compared to what he's allowed to do which make the whole thing a bit ridiculous.
If the guy was slaughtering the Kage along with thousands of fodder left and right, razing villages and playing jump rope with Tsunade's small intestine then all this power would have a point but as it is, he's showing off new high of power every chapter for nothing.
Yes, if I were to tell one ridiculous thing, it would be what you said.
The whole showing off Madara's power without even killing one of the Kages is a bit pointless.

In fact you are right, (though I still think his state of being extremely powerfull is okay, but) the outcome of his powerfullness is not equivalent to his power. There should be rampage going, instead of fooling around.

I Also agree with those who think that there should be more deaths of the good guys. It is war we are talking about.
I wouldn't mind if Madara would have already taken down at least two (Hokage and Tsuchikage), left the rest beaten up and to head toward Tobi and Naruto.

Back to Kabuto, if Sas leaves him alive, in order to get off the loop Kabuto has to admit that his actions were wrong and understand and accept him for who he is. And this would be the deal breaker for him (as Whitemoon648 said) to play a bigger part in this war and try to help fix what he's done.

@ranchan13 that's the vision and creativity = "visiotivity"

Last edited by Raph; 2012-06-28 at 03:56.
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 05:13   Link #79
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Actually a somewhat question/comment

Didn't Madara at one point when he was bemoaning how weak the current kage were say something like 'look how weak they've become. If I knew they'd become this weak, I would have taught you how to come back from the dead, First'
Hunter said it was a mistranslation, pay it no mind.
Old 2012-06-28, 09:33   Link #80
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I think it's not for nothing. With his first big move he practically killed the whole army that was present. Only the kages and a few who were around the kages have survived. And then he both lectures the kages and defeats them, so the main purpose of all this in my opinion was to use the army and the kages as a measuring stick for Madara's power. And also to introduce his character. Because Kishi with this "war" has run out of villains that are good enough to be the villains of the next arc, since both Kabuto and Tobi have failed and also shown us their special abilities. And as usual in such shonen manga, the next arc will have to have stronger enemies. Madara is such an enemy. My expectation was that Tobi and Madara will somehow merge (i expected Tobi to bring back Madara with either Edo-Tensei or his rinnegan), since Madara's character is too boring to be a final villain and Tobi is too weak to be it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion