AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 06:29   Link #1
toru310

Are there any program for editing a movie?? I mean at special affects.??

Are there any programs that can edit a video I mean adding effects and etc...oh yeah I hope its freeware...Well I'm not really good at editing and I don't even know a single thing about it..I just need it for school..for earning high points..
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 08:17   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

LiVES
Cinelerra
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 09:08   Link #3
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll give it a try..and sorry for the late reply.
Old 2007-06-25, 09:24   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might also want to take a look at Ubuntu Studio. These are special repackagings of Ubuntu Linux with multimedia applications included. This might be the easiest starting place, since you can just run the installer from the CD image and get a whole Ubuntu machine with the multimedia apps at once.

My experience with LiVES is that computing horsepower matters a lot. You want to run these applications on the fastest machines you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
I'll give it a try..and sorry for the late reply.
Under an hour doesn't seem all that "late" to me!
Old 2007-06-26, 05:35   Link #5
toru310

Wow I hope this is easy as MS paint..
Old 2007-06-28, 16:35   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My daughter wanted to make an AMV, and we gave both programs a try. Forget LiVES; use Cinelerra. It's much faster at loading and seems more intuitive as well.
Old 2007-06-29, 06:10   Link #7
toru310

Wow cool can this program add subtitles I mean my own..?? can I also add sound effects? And finally can I put together different clips in one movie?
Old 2007-06-30, 01:56   Link #8
Sakuya
*Artist

I am confused. Are these OS's like Windows or are they just programs, especially Ubuntu? Also, do these programs allow particle effects? I'm interested in creating what this MAD video has done, all the text disappearing into sparkles, illustrations rotating and zooming in/out, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H46vN313X2A
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 13:40   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Both these are "open-source" programs than run in Linux. (Migufuchi asked for "freeware," which both of these are.) They do not, as far as I know, run in Windows or OS X.

Ubuntu is a Linux "distribution," a package of software including the Linux operating system and hundreds of programs that run on Linux. While in the Windows world it's customary to buy additional software beyond the operating system, Linux distributions package together a wide variety of free software written for the Unix platform or specifically for Linux itself. Ubuntu Studio, that I referenced above, is a repackaged version of standard Ubuntu that includes a number of specific programs for graphics and, I think, video work. You can download so-called "live-CD" versions of distributions like Ubuntu or Fedora. You can boot from the CD and try out either of these distributions without altering your current machine.

I haven't used LiVES or Cinelerra hardly at all, myself. I've used LiVES a couple of times but found it slow and clunky. Cinelerra seems much faster for basic tasks. The only way to know what specific effects these programs offer would be to read the documentation at the programs' websites that I referenced above.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:03   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Windows Movie Maker while not really the best program out there, it's readily available because it comes with Windows.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 14:27   Link #11
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Windows Movie Maker while not really the best program out there, it's readily available because it comes with Windows.
Yes I agreee with that, you can only do so much until it drives you insane b/c you want to do more cool stuff. At least that is what happened to me about 3-4 years ago when I started to buy the Adobe and Maya products.

Windows movie maker is a great place to start though, then after awhile it's time to move on
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 14:37   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
WMM has some basic effects such as fades to white/black, dissolve, and control brightness which can be combined to make effects such as flashing. You can also download other effects that don't come with WMM but is compatible with WMM such as invert, flicker pulsate, and other cool things if you search hard for it.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 06:31   Link #13
mcpig

Quote:
Wow cool can this program add subtitles I mean my own..?? can I also add sound effects? And finally can I put together different clips in one movie?

i'm wondering the same thing... i want to make karaoke videos and wondering if there are any good programs for n00bs to add subtitles...

or does WMM do the trick? =/
mcpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 07:10   Link #14
martino
makes no files now

AviSynth + VDub + Aegisub (+ AE if you need it) does the trick.

hf!
Old 2007-08-24, 07:58   Link #15
toru310

I have a project and its my first time to edit a video using windows movie maker and it went well and I didn't know that its easy as ms paint... =)

Now I need a program that can add subtitles are there?

Thanks!
Old 2007-08-24, 08:14   Link #16
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Yes I agreee with that, you can only do so much until it drives you insane b/c you want to do more cool stuff. At least that is what happened to me about 3-4 years ago when I started to buy the Adobe and Maya products.

Windows movie maker is a great place to start though, then after awhile it's time to move on
In my case, it drove me insane by crashing every ten to fifteen minutes. After that, I stopped making AMVs since I just couldn't take it anymore.

And well, although I can't say that Video editing is as easy as using Paint ( I mean, come on, how hard can PAINT be? ), Windows Movie Maker does make it simpler for the "everyday" user. If you want to take the next step, then you'll probably want to look into more specialized programs like Premiere, Vegas and etc.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 09:30   Link #17
toru310

AviSynth + VDub + Aegisub does this program support subtitles?
Old 2007-08-24, 09:56   Link #18
matt4212

Quote:
AviSynth + VDub + Aegisub does this program support subtitles?
Avisynth to load video, aegisub to make the subtitles, and virtualdub to encode the video.
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 18:08   Link #19
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Neat! I will be suggesting these to my video editing friends.
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 01:35   Link #20
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4212 View Post
Avisynth to load video, aegisub to make the subtitles, and virtualdub to encode the video.
THX matt!!! Thats a reply I'm waiting...