AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 13:24   Link #6861
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Perhaps the terms are defined elsewhere differently than in Oregon or Texas? (the two states I've owned homes in)
most likely, In California the only insurance that is mandatory for a mortgage is Home Insurance and Flood if the house is in a flood zone.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:00   Link #6862
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
most likely, In California the only insurance that is mandatory for a mortgage is Home Insurance and Flood if the house is in a flood zone.
Ah... yeah, California probably has a ban on "mortgage insurance" because it really is just a bit of shaking down the customer when the company should really be purchasing its own insurance. It is also a fact that as your total debt drops, some people are successful in getting that requirement dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by from Insider Reports
Having PMI makes the lenders more willing to give mortgages to people who haven't saved a 20% down payment. What makes 20% the magic number? Mortgage companies have found that those with less than 20% equity are more likely to default on the mortgage. So the good news is that PMI allows you to get into a house sooner. The bad news is that PMI can be expensive. For instance, if you're only putting 5% down, your PMI could amount to 0.7% of the money you borrow. On a $100,000 mortgage that works out to $58 per month or $700 a year.
The purpose of PMI is to pay the mortgage company if you default on your mortgage. There are only eight companies that issue PMI. Unfortunately, you don't get to shop around to find the lowest rate. The mortgage company gets to choose who gets your business.
Over time your home equity should increase. Perhaps you've paid the mortgage for a number of years. Or maybe home values in your neighborhood have increased. In either case, suppose your equity has risen to more than 20% of the home's value. If you've made your mortgage payments on a timely basis, you should be able to drop the PMI.
But, many homeowners didn't know that. Until recently, no one was required to notify you when PMI was no longer needed. Some mortgage companies will require that you keep PMI regardless of your equity for a number of years. One such company is Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (Freddie Mac). They buy up many mortgages and typically require that you keep PMI for at least five years.
Old 2012-04-04, 23:25   Link #6863
Autumn Demon
~

Waitress receives a $12,000 tip and hands it over to police, thinking the money may have been mistakenly left on the table. After no one claims the money for 90 days, the police label it as drug money and decide to keep it.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...icle/id/227647
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 23:28   Link #6864
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
Waitress receives a $12,000 tip and hands it over to police, thinking the money may have been mistakenly left on the table. After no one claims the money for 90 days, the police label it as drug money and decide to keep it.
Our "heroes" :P
Old 2012-04-05, 01:22   Link #6865
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would have held onto that...
Old 2012-04-05, 02:54   Link #6866
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Facebook challenger wants half-ownership

Why do these kind of people keep popping up?
Old 2012-04-05, 05:18   Link #6867
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Facebook challenger wants half-ownership

Why do these kind of people keep popping up?
It's the big money they're going after.
Old 2012-04-05, 10:25   Link #6868
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Fans of Hunger Games will rejoice....

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/hunger-ga...-for-sale.html

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 10:49   Link #6869
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

KL bans Singapore ballet for ‘indecent’ tutus and tights

Fuck. I don't know about Anime Festival Malaysia's cosplay teams anymore. Though of joining one but.......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 10:51   Link #6870
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Fuck. I don't know about Anime Festival Malaysia's cosplay teams anymore. Though of joining one but.......
Malaysia has always been strict when it comes to events they consider indecent or inappropriate for teenagers I still remember the ruckus caused by Beyonce's concert.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 12:04   Link #6871
sa547
*Author

Quote:

*Facepalms* That doesn't look good.
Old 2012-04-05, 23:36   Link #6872
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Is military science fiction nationalistic?
Old 2012-04-05, 23:42   Link #6873
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
Quote:
Our "heroes" :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I would have held onto that...
Looks like the cops gave her the money.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...urant-customer
Old 2012-04-05, 23:55   Link #6874
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Looks like the cops gave her the money.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...urant-customer
Amazing how rules and procedures don't work for the "little guy", but the glaring light of the news media does....

And about the "drug residue" on money... money rubs together with other money -- something like 90% of all US money has detectable cocaine on it. Once the Canadian border guards tried that on me and my wife entering Canada, "oh look, your money shows traces of cocaine" and I responded immediately "so does the money in your wallet, lets test it.. now". After that they were a lot more cordial and I was a lot more friendly.

To this day, I figure we were singled out because we're an asian-white couple and just didn't fit their "usual look of that sort" template (early 1990s). No problems since then though.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:52   Link #6875
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
And about the "drug residue" on money... money rubs together with other money -- something like 90% of all US money has detectable cocaine on it. Once the Canadian border guards tried that on me and my wife entering Canada, "oh look, your money shows traces of cocaine" and I responded immediately "so does the money in your wallet, lets test it.. now". After that they were a lot more cordial and I was a lot more friendly.
Thank you Vexx, for averting a disaster where the checkpoint is singlehandedly painted blood-red by an angry woman.

I remembered in a report in the 08s and 09s after the financial crisis that US was saved by drug money because that is what made the USD so volatile and liquid, allowing the worst case scenario to be averted (illiquidity of currency).

Blame the ATF? I don't know lol.

Police investigate CHIJMES 'Chapel Party'

This image of a model in a provocative nun's costume can still be found on the Facebook event page's wall.

I couldn't stop laughing at this one. OMFG.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:05   Link #6876
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Police investigate CHIJMES 'Chapel Party'

This image of a model in a provocative nun's costume can still be found on the Facebook event page's wall.

I couldn't stop laughing at this one. OMFG.
Another instance of the Chingapore Gahmen's ass-kissing behaviour towards "religious offence".
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:22   Link #6877
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Reminds me of some of the outfits on "Laugh-In".
Old 2012-04-06, 03:16   Link #6878
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Buford, Wyoming, 'smallest town in US', is auctioned
Old 2012-04-06, 03:29   Link #6879
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Arizona lawmakers receive knitted uterus as protest
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-05-19-57-19
Old 2012-04-06, 03:49   Link #6880
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Amazing how rules and procedures don't work for the "little guy", but the glaring light of the news media does....

To this day, I figure we were singled out because we're an asian-white couple and just didn't fit their "usual look of that sort" template (early 1990s). No problems since then though.
I'm going to have to try that if I ever end up in that situation.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor