Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 12:37   Link #41
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Just pray the morals police don't crash the party...
~bows~Forgive my ignorance, but is that a real threat?

I sincerely hope you guys don't get Westboro'd.

Endless "<insert nickname here> Soul
Old 2012-04-22, 12:43   Link #42
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

What I have heard from my relatives is that the moral police usually don't go after the Chinese, they only go after the Malays.

Like Singapore, Malaysia is a multiracial country, except that Malay is the dominant race instead of Chinese. I haven't been accosted by one before, neither have I seen one in action at all in my visits.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 17:55   Link #43
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Probable....if the Islamic fundies there raise a stink.

They may not harrass Chinese but they could still shut down the party....

And I bet you hordes of the otaku there are Malay
Old 2012-04-26, 06:48   Link #44
JokerD

More details out: http://animefestival.my/
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 07:00   Link #45
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

That is around $130 for the 2 day VIP seating tickets!

I love exchange rates....CANCEL ALL APPOINTMENTS ON THE TICKET RELEASE DATE.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-26, 22:08   Link #46
JokerD

KOTOKO's coming, I'm sold. How do I book tickets?

Should I be leaving on Friday night?
Old 2012-04-26, 22:22   Link #47
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
KOTOKO's coming, I'm sold. How do I book tickets?

Coming back on Monday morning? Let's find a place to stay first.

Old 2012-04-26, 23:08   Link #48
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I'd be happy just to have the chance again to catch Kalafina in concert, since I couldn't last year in Singapore. And S$127 (at current exchange rates) for two-day VIP concert tickets is indeed a steal.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of night driving on Malaysian highways. It'll be a Saturday morning drive into KL for me. The return trip, hmm, might be tricky. I'll have to see about getting Monday morning off. Full-day off won't be very possible, I think.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:53   Link #49
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I'd be happy just to have the chance again to catch Kalafina in concert, since I couldn't last year in Singapore. And S$127 (at current exchange rates) for two-day VIP concert tickets is indeed a steal.

I'm not a fan of night driving on Malaysian highways. It'll be a Saturday morning drive into KL for me. The return trip, hmm, might be tricky. I'll have to see about getting Monday morning off. Full-day off won't be very possible, I think.
You're right of course, I'm thinking Saturday early morning, like 6am or something.
Old 2012-04-27, 08:54   Link #50
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You're right of course, I'm thinking Saturday early morning, like 6am or something.
Guys, the ride is like.....3 hours plus if you guys plan to drive. And it is Saturday morning; whichever causeway you guys plan to take, it is still going to jam like strawberry preserve.

Of course, unless you guys want to carpool.

Old 2012-04-27, 22:32   Link #51
JokerD

Thr trick is ro go in while it's still dark, traffic would still be ok then
Old 2012-04-27, 22:34   Link #52
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Cross your fingers that there won't be any rally going on in June.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 23:28   Link #53
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Thr trick is ro go in while it's still dark, traffic would still be ok then
"Ro go"? Is that some new NS lingo I don't know about? Just kidding.

Anyway, besides starting off while it's still dark, there's also the choice of going by the Second Link. In my experience, there is seldom a jam there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Cross your fingers that there won't be any rally going on in June.
I suppose you're referring to the Bersih 3.0 rally planned for today in Kuala Lumpur. Firstly, the previous rallies weren't as disruptive as the media made it out to be, according to my Malaysian friends.

Secondly, if a rally were indeed to happen in June, I'd love to witness it first-hand. So, no loss, really. More like a bonus for me.
Old 2012-04-28, 09:47   Link #54
JokerD

Quote:
"Ro go"? Is that some new NS lingo I don't know about? Just kidding.
What can I say except for oops...

Anyway, whose going with whom?
Old 2012-04-28, 10:02   Link #55
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

At this point, I'd say it'll be a shame to miss AFA's Malaysian debut at such prices. Plus I haven't been in Kuala Lumpur for six to eight years. So yes, I'll go.

But I don't know about Sunday night (June 10), as that would depend on how busy I get around that time (Monday is a work day, after all). Much as I like the idea of car-pooling, I don't think it'll work on my schedule.
Old 2012-04-28, 10:12   Link #56
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Secondly, if a rally were indeed to happen in June, I'd love to witness it first-hand. So, no loss, really. More like a bonus for me.
If you are going there to see or join the rally, please allow me to design a crossplay costume for you so you can dress for the event.

Quote:
What can I say except for oops...

Anyway, whose going with whom?
Not sure. If both of you are driving, Cosmic Eagle and his fellow kids may be tagging along with us working adults.

Quote:
At this point, I'd say it'll be a shame to miss AFA's Malaysian debut at such prices. Plus I haven't been in Kuala Lumpur for six to eight years. So yes, I'll go.

But I don't know about Sunday night (June 10), as that would depend on how busy I get around that time (Monday is a work day, after all). Much as I like the idea of car-pooling, I don't think it'll work on my schedule.
We'll go by your schedule then. I need to be in office on Monday too. Doesn't matter if I go in at noon since I can always work until the last train home.

Old 2012-04-28, 10:56   Link #57
JokerD

Quote:

The way I see it, if you really need to get in on Monday, you can a) miss the Sunday night concert, and head home in the evening, b) go back after the concert, which judging by the Sg AFA would be around 11+, reach sg in 4-5 hours (take it slow at night) and rest at home, c) if you're not the driver, see if there's any late night buses from KL to Sg, but don't expect the buses to go fast, might be a 5-6 hr journey, then mrt/bus back from from where ever they drop you off from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If you are going there to see or join the rally, please allow me to design a cosplay costume for you so you can dress for the event.

Not sure. If both of you are driving, Cosmic Eagle and his fellow kids may be tagging along with us working adults.

We'll go by your schedule then. I need to be in office on Monday too. Doesn't matter if I go in at noon since I can always work until the last train home.
I can take leave on Monday, since I've already given the office notice... On the logistic side, my car can comfortably take 3 passengers (and for 4 hour car journey you do want to be comfortable), I would prefer leaving sg via the 2nd link on Sat morning (6am-ish), we can have breakfast at one of the rest stops, leaving from KL, Monday morning would be preferred, since we can park the car and leave our luggage in the hotel on Sunday night. Alternatively we can check if the hotel is willing to hold our stuff for us of we want to come back on the same night (fatigue issues)
Old 2012-04-28, 11:02   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I can take leave on Monday, since I've already given the office notice... On the logistic side, my car can comfortably take 3 passengers (and for 4 hour car journey you do want to be comfortable), I would prefer leaving sg via the 2nd link on Sat morning (6am-ish), we can have breakfast at one of the rest stops, leaving from KL, Monday morning would be preferred, since we can park the car and leave our luggage in the hotel on Sunday night. Alternatively we can check if the hotel is willing to hold our stuff for us of we want to come back on the same night (fatigue issues)
One question : what about the hotel?

P.S I see Makube coming onto this thread every now and then. He seems to be interested but is being kuudere and not posting.

Old 2012-04-28, 11:45   Link #59
JokerD

Quote:
One question : what about the hotel?
What's your budget?

Again going by this list again, the closest is this hotel, being next door to the place, at 5 stars and S$147 not inc tax, it would be like doubling the cost of the event, but it is close and we would be comfortable... scratch that, this hotel does not have free internet access, no way I'm going here
Further down the list is this hotel, 0.2km away (5 min walk), 3 stars down and S$40 cheaper at S$105 for 2 nights.
Lastly is this one, 2 stars as well, described as a new hotel with no reviews and '10 mins walk' away from the WTC. Cheapest at S$52
Since no 1 is out, this hotel, is 0.5km away and 3 stars, but seems to have some bad reviews...

If you got any views just throw them up...
Quote:
P.S I see Makube coming onto this thread every now and then. He seems to be interested but is being kuudere and not posting.
Don't we usually call that lurking?

Last edited by JokerD; 2012-04-28 at 11:51. Reason: added new hotel
Old 2012-04-28, 13:48   Link #60
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
What's your budget?
Lastly is this one, 2 stars as well, described as a new hotel with no reviews and '10 mins walk' away from the WTC. Cheapest at S$52

Don't we usually call that lurking?
We need to rope in more people so we can share rooms and cost. Budget issues should hover around SGD$500 for me.....I can work ad-hoc on weekends to earn more.

As for internet, I think I still have a USB modem and all we need is to buy an internet SIM from a nearby telephone shop.