Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-18, 10:46   Link #2101
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Look, I'm not saying Hime Doll! is bad but there must be reasons it got axed at chapter 16 while Nisekoi persists until today. You might not read manga for these very reasons but Jump readership apparently does.

Also, the premise of Hime Doll wasn't really that innovative either; to start with tropes like "turn girl into idol" (srsly, there must be thousands of these right now) and "delinquent girl" this was kinda doomed from the start. The only feature where it stood out was the hairstylist part but cmon, did the author really think this would appeal to a shounen audience?

Finally, why are you venting your frustration about it in the Niskoi thread? Seems kinda troll-ish to me.
Cuz there is literally nthn to comment on the current chapters. Instead more promising titles with way more room to improve and a wider array of possible developments get axed. I'm not saying that Hime-doll was a stand-alone title, with a premise that's never been there before (The school system arbitrarily reminds me of Hell's Kitchen). I'm just real sad that Nisekoi has nothing to its name except wacky facial expressions. Double Arts was great, same author, a million times more innovative and interesting. It got axed in the blink of an eye though. I'm not trying to compare Double Arts and Hime-doll in quality, the foundations for both manga were entirely different (well, apart from the whole sticking together thing of the MC's).

I'm just pissed off that this full-on cliché GAG manga actually survives in JUMP. I sometimes wonder what kind of ppl (or rather kids) are the main contributors of the questionnaires.. I'm the type of person that likes being enticed by intricate storylines or identify with the characters i read about. Having a sub-par, makes you smile once a week title is rather obsolete in my opinion. Apparently the (young) japs like this more than stories that may have overly interesting plots, just because they have a somewhat slow start (iirc Double Arts was awesome all the way)

Then again, Bleach is still not getting axed, but that's an entirely separate issue.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:12   Link #2102
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Because he paid for it and wasted his time and money? I don't see the problem in people having different opinions regarding reading materials, because if everyone felt the same thing, then there must be something wrong with the book, IMO.

Tsugumi: Protector of Smiles HUEHUEHUEHUE

Well, you didn't get the point of this discussion then. He went on to rant about the cancellation of another series in this thread relating it to Nisekoi almost as if it was the latter's fault. I'm not questioning his issues with Nisekoi in general, several have voiced those before, but he started this with an extremely sore attitude because of another romcom in the same mag getting axed. I'm sry but this is no healthy basis for a discussion.

@LeaD36

The longer a series goes the less the author has the liberty to develop in different directions. Hime Doll was in an extreme early-early stage when it was cancelled. If it got past the 50+, trust me, it would've gotten more and more static and repetitive once the author found out what exactly the readers like about the series. Your misconception is that you compare HD! 16 to Niskoi 100+ .

So you don't like slice of life, which is pretty much the conclusion I'm getting here. There are a lot of mangas out there with a strong dynamic plot and/or interesting features and twists. Sry to say it like that but Hime Doll just wasn't good enough for the current market it seems. If Nisekoi only has whacky faces to it then Hime Doll had nothing, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion in the Nisekoi thread but in a more-than-one-page HD thread.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:39   Link #2103
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The anime makes it awfully look like Chitoge gave Raku the locket the way they drew her hair

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:55   Link #2104
hamazura
whatever

so this niseKEY not yet ended... well, only 93 heroine with keys left i think
Old 2014-01-18, 18:22   Link #2105
ImperialFlameGod8190

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything like that quite yet the anime wont reveal things the manga hasn't yet or at least it shouldn't so i'd wait for the keys solution to present itself whatever it may be
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 21:26   Link #2106
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

will the anime end on the romeo and juliet part?
Old 2014-01-18, 23:18   Link #2107
teejmo

They're not sure yet how long this will go, and considering this is the type of manga that can have a ton of filler episodes when it becomes an anime (heck, half of its chapters are filler), it may last a while.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 11:35   Link #2108
Amario

All these fillers. Author should hurry up with the plot....it can't be hard at this point just unlock the pendant if its been fixed (which after more than 50 chapters should have....) and there you have it. Chitoge xD
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 11:59   Link #2109
ImperialFlameGod8190

The problem is there are about 3 or 4 plots all in one. Granted all of them can be ended with one or two moves but their tough moves to make.
Old 2014-01-19, 18:02   Link #2110
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The problem is there are about 3 or 4 plots all in one. Granted all of them can be ended with one or two moves but their tough moves to make.
Originally this series was about the girl who he made a promise to regarding the pendant.

But then 3 heroines (Chitoge, Onodera and Marika) came along with 3 keys which are connected to the story and the promise ....and then the author went and dished out there being a fourth key.

At this point in the manga would not be surprised if another heroine popped up with a key.

Tough move? this manga has felt a lot like Kimi no Iru Machi manga with its constant prolonging.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 19:20   Link #2111
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amario View Post
Originally this series was about the girl who he made a promise to regarding the pendant.

But then 3 heroines (Chitoge, Onodera and Marika) came along with 3 keys which are connected to the story and the promise ....and then the author went and dished out there being a fourth key.

At this point in the manga would not be surprised if another heroine popped up with a key.

Tough move? this manga has felt a lot like Kimi no Iru Machi manga with its constant prolonging.
Actually this series was originally about stopping a gang war by making raku and chitoge date that is the 1st plot.
The pendant is a second plot (raku chitoge Onodera Marika and whoever else)
The feelings of the various girls towards Raku. (Chitoge onodera marika Tsugumi, haru) are a third plot
the side characters and their roles (paula, ruri, Shuu) are a 4th plot.
You can resolve the first 3 with a few moves but yea this is getting annoying
Old 2014-01-19, 19:21   Link #2112
Pesti13nce

Quote:

Not even CLOSE to KNIM... This series has ZERO drama... where as KNIM is has borderline unbelievable over the TOP drama (like now). Nisekoi is nice and light... who cares if there is no plot advancement this series moved on from plot to an over the top funny SOL series.

Putting this and KNIM in the same sentence is even.....wtf..

It's only getting "annoying" cause you guys are actually EXPECTING something to happen, if this series was riddled with drama and stupid like other series i could see it getting "annoying" but it's not... it's light.. it's funny... and it's drama free and it's pretty flippin adorable....
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 20:10   Link #2113
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
Not even CLOSE to KNIM... This series has ZERO drama... where as KNIM is has borderline unbelievable over the TOP drama (like now). Nisekoi is nice and light... who cares if there is no plot advancement this series moved on from plot to an over the top funny SOL series.

Putting this and KNIM in the same sentence is even.....wtf..

It's only getting "annoying" cause you guys are actually EXPECTING something to happen, if this series was riddled with drama and stupid like other series i could see it getting "annoying" but it's not... it's light.. it's funny... and it's drama free and it's pretty flippin adorable....
the fact you think there's zero drama shows you really haven't been paying attention at all.
Old 2014-01-19, 20:28   Link #2114
Pesti13nce

Quote:
the fact you think there's zero drama shows you really haven't been paying attention at all.
I guess coming from a crappy series like KNIM and reading Nisekoi i guess my definition of "drama" is a little different than yours, but yes i see little to nothing that could be defined as "drama" in this series. Unless your considering a bunch of high school girls coming to terms with their love for mc drama or raku trying to figure out this key/pendent situation drama then I guess yes you could call that drama.
Old 2014-01-19, 23:19   Link #2115
ImperialFlameGod8190

well we can both agree KNIM is crappy but that's about it
Old 2014-01-20, 00:28   Link #2116
Pesti13nce

Quote:
well we can both agree KNIM is crappy but that's about it
lol, and we have an understanding.
Old 2014-01-20, 08:24   Link #2117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
All these fillers. Author should hurry up with the plot....it can't be hard at this point just unlock the pendant if its been fixed (which after more than 50 chapters should have....) and there you have it. Chitoge xD
Why would he do that? Komi has finally found success with Nisekoi, there's no reason for him to end it early. He's going to make the series last for as long as he can.
Old 2014-01-20, 09:09   Link #2118
II Maestro

Even if the main point of the story is to know who is the promised girl isn't progressing reading filler chapter still entertaining.
Old 2014-01-20, 09:33   Link #2119
ImperialFlameGod8190

its kinda ironic if you think about it. In anime anything that's not considered part of the manga is filler but in this case the filler is within the manga hm what now.
Old 2014-01-20, 09:35   Link #2120
ices
Working Hard

The pendant-key problems is a focal point of the story. It's like Naruto
becomes the hokage in Naruto universe. If that plot point solved, there will
be no reason to continue the story. Even if the author continue it by
introducing another key element. It'll feel even more dragged, right? Did we
wanna see this manga ended soon by forwarding this plot point?

Now, what's actually this manga about. The title itself tells that it's about
a Fake Love, Nise-Koi. The fake love between a gangster boss' daughter and
Yakuza leader's son. The act of becomes a lover for three years in
their highschool days. And that's all. This story is based on that premise.

Hence, just enjoy their ride for this three years. Enjoy each of these
characters interactions. The story is moving. Not based on the plot, but based
on their highschool days. That pendant-key, promises of ten years ago, all of
that will be fully revealed when the times comes. And I guess that'll be
before their graduation days.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life