AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-01, 19:37   Link #5161
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
They are better but I have no affection for those clubs unlike my national team.

But to each their own.

Wait what? I heard about Pikachu, but AKB48?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And dont forget that Japanesse player has been practicing technic from Captain Tsubasa manga. Including the legendary twin shoot...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 20:29   Link #5162
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
To people whose country failed to make to the WC, who are you going to support?
I'm from Colombia so I support my team until the end and also support the others South American teams, because the world cup stay in South America.
Old 2014-06-02, 03:48   Link #5163
itisjustme

Oh man... Japan should practice the Tsubasa move where one twin acts like a trampoline for the other, I forget the name. It'll help them overcome their size disadvantage with headers.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 05:00   Link #5164
Azuma Denton
~AD~

It's not only twin shoot, but they also replicate 2 other shoot from Captain Tsubasa.
More on http://dreamshoot.net/
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 12:22   Link #5165
itisjustme

Pele: "I would still be the best today" "Back in my time you could name Falcao, Zico, Pelé, Didi, Vava, Rivelino. Nowadays it's hard to name stars."

This guy's constant insecurity about his legacy is through the roof.
Old 2014-06-02, 12:36   Link #5166
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Italy's final 23 players list for the upcoming World Cup:

Spoiler:

It's probably nearly the best selection we could get. My only gripe is with Aquilani who really doesn't deserve to be in that list, but he's always been a favorite of Prandelli. Oh well as long as he's not playing and just sitting on the bench...

It's a pity that Giuseppe Rossi couldn't make it, this is the second time in a row that he misses a World Cup although this time was because of his knee injury. I can understand why Prandelli doesn't want to take any risks and preferred calling forwards that were sure to be 100% fit.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 13:43   Link #5167
Nerroth
NePoi!

David Villa is coming to Major League Soccer, as a Designated Player for New York City FC:

He might not have to wait long before another player joins him on the NYCFC roster; word is that Frank Lampard may be crossing the Atlantic in the near future to join the same club.

NYCFC will start play in the 2015 MLS season. For the time being, their home games will be at Yankee Stadium, though their long-term plan is to build a soccer-specific stadium as a permanent home for the club.
Old 2014-06-02, 14:50   Link #5168
itisjustme

Immobile to Dortmund for 20 million euros. Hell of a fee to pay for an iphone.
Old 2014-06-02, 16:01   Link #5169
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Pele: "I would still be the best today" "Back in my time you could name Falcao, Zico, Pelé, Didi, Vava, Rivelino. Nowadays it's hard to name stars."

This guy's constant insecurity about his legacy is through the roof.
If he would just shut up, his legacy would be untouched, he indeed was the best, he started modern football, without him football would be much different today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
That's wonderful news for MLS, franchise players always build up interest for football in a country where all you hear is "NBA, NFL...." I'm so sick of that.
Lets just hope he get's a good franchise partner besides the rumored Lampard.

----------------------------------
On another subject, this will be Real's away kit in the season to come:

It's goddamn beautiful, and probably will be the first jersey I'll buy this new season.

Also, Liverpool just anounced it's first signing of the season, Southampton's Rickie Lambert.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 16:10   Link #5170
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Immobile to Dortmund for 20 million euros. Hell of a fee to pay for an iphone.

It's read "Immo-bee-leh".

In any case, Dortmund got it a real good price (this is mostly due to the fact that we co-owned him with Torino).

Personally I would have loved to bring Ciro back with us since he's a product of our youth system, but he would never be able to be part of the starting lineup as long as Tevez is here, so I do understand why in the end both the player and Juve's management decided that this was definetely the best choice.

I wish him good luck at Dortmund, it'll be cool to see him in next season's Champions League.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 19:44   Link #5171
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It's official, Falcao it's not going to the WC...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 20:48   Link #5172
ChampDream
Alive

Is sad that Falcao is not going to the World Cup .
Old 2014-06-03, 12:29   Link #5173
LoveYouSaber

Anyone startled by all the rumours that Fabregas could be going to Chelsea? I would be quite upset if he went to another PL club other than Arsenal, but to go to Chelsea and play for Mourinho, I think I might explode with rage.

I still like Fabregas, and hopefully Wenger steps in. Fabregas playing under Mourinho and his style of football really makes me want to vomit.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 12:47   Link #5174
itisjustme

I wouldn't bet on Fabregas myself he's on the downward slope, he has been pretty bad with Barca and his body's getting old, he keeps getting injured, and I'm not liking his mentality. Then again last year I thought Ozil was a rip off at 50, like 30 why not but 50 fffs, the dude always disappear in big games it's not someone you can count on.

You guys should try to go all in on diego costa and some defender instead. :P
Old 2014-06-04, 22:54   Link #5175
Nerroth
NePoi!

L'Impact de Montréal are the 2014 Canadian Champions, and will represent Canada in the upcoming 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League.

And where will David Villa play while waiting for the 2015 MLS season to start? At NYCFC's freshly re-branded A-League sister club, Melbourne City FC.
Old 2014-06-04, 23:48   Link #5176
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Anyone startled by all the rumours that Fabregas could be going to Chelsea? I would be quite upset if he went to another PL club other than Arsenal, but to go to Chelsea and play for Mourinho, I think I might explode with rage.

I still like Fabregas, and hopefully Wenger steps in. Fabregas playing under Mourinho and his style of football really makes me want to vomit.
You can always kill him if that's the case, he basically has begged you to do it

@Riffy_AFC: Fabregas in 2010: "If I ever wear a #Chelsea shirt, you have the permission to kill me"
He won't sign for Chelshit :/ http://t.co/HiVtWyW4O1

(assume it's real)
Old 2014-06-05, 01:24   Link #5177
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

"Chelshit" ugh childish.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 09:48   Link #5178
Bri

Abramovich turned people's club Chelsea in to a hive of scum and villainy and I'd cheer the day the Russian mob is thrown out of that club, but I can't blame players to look for money and success. There is no loyalty in football, only paychecks and prizes.

Fabregas hasn't really established himself as Xavi's successor so I can understand they want to sell him but Barca was so careless to let Thiago slip away.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 10:07   Link #5179
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

really? Villa will be playing in the A-League?

anywho, AOC seems to have gotten a knee injury? hopefully its not a tear.

i like how cesc was like the second most productive player on barca this year, yet the fans still want him out.. makes no sense.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 10:23   Link #5180
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Abramovich turned people's club Chelsea in to a hive of scum and villainy and I'd cheer the day the Russian mob is thrown out of that club, but I can't blame players to look for money and success. There is no loyalty in football, only paychecks and prizes.

Fabregas hasn't really established himself as Xavi's successor so I can understand they want to sell him but Barca was so careless to let Thiago slip away.
I guess I look at things differently. I don't get those kinds of politics involved in what I enjoy of the top-flight from the EPL.

but hey I guess that comes with neutrality/slight preferences.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer